Europa league prize money

kris1984

Was trying to find out roughly how much we could make from Europa this year.

Qualifiying rounds 

1st Qualifier - £189k

2nd Qualifier - £198k

3rd Qualifier - £206k

So if we get through all of those (unlikely) then we’ll pocket £594k

If we reach the groups then a guaranteed £2.2m. Plus £316k a win, £105k a draw.

if we somehow make the groups the. £2.8m up for grabs plus I’d imagine a few million in ticket sales. 

Huge task but a bigger carrot than I realised

why should we not get through the qualifiers? I am not even thinking of us going out and i am sure Stevie G ain't either. We just so happened 12 months ago to have a diddy in charge with fud-like players and zero tactical plans. I am optimistic that lightening doesn't strike twice! 

4 minutes ago, kris1984 said:

Was trying to find out roughly how much we could make from Europa this year.

Qualifiying rounds 

1st Qualifier - £189k

2nd Qualifier - £198k

3rd Qualifier - £206k

So if we get through all of those (unlikely) then we’ll pocket £594k

If we reach the groups then a guaranteed £2.2m. Plus £316k a win, £105k a draw.

if we somehow make the groups the. £2.8m up for grabs plus I’d imagine a few million in ticket sales. 

Huge task but a bigger carrot than I realised

sauce? 
I think groups is a realistic target to be honest, and potentially up to 4m to be made realistically. even if we got that every year over the next few years, we would certainly be in a less sorry state than we are.

19 minutes ago, stevemac said:

sauce? 
I think groups is a realistic target to be honest, and potentially up to 4m to be made realistically. even if we got that every year over the next few years, we would certainly be in a less sorry state than we are.

Got it here

https://www.totalsportek.com/money/europa-league-prize-money/

just prize money so aye stick a few extra million for TV and tickets, there will be costs as well though.

£4-6m to be made I reckon if we get to groups (huge ask). If we got to the point that was more or less guaranteed then that’s a good few players

22 minutes ago, stevemac said:

sauce? 

It's a big ask but not impossible to get to the groups. Our issue is we won't be seeded from the 2nd round on-wards. There is some really dangerous seeded teams in there.

22 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Is that just prize money? 

Also have television, tickets, hospitality etc.

Pretty sure prize money is how they dish out the TV revenue from deals thrashed out by UEFA for coverage of the tournament. So there won't be extra TV cash.

8 minutes ago, LoyalRanger86 said:

Don't be so negative 

Does it really matter if he’s negative or not? It’s up to the players to prove him wrong and based on the last 2 seasons to me they just don’t seem to have the stomach/bottle/mentality/whatever for it. That isn’t negative, that’s just fact. We’ve got a squad of losers. 

11 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Does it really matter if he’s negative or not? It’s up to the players to prove him wrong and based on the last 2 seasons to me they just don’t seem to have the stomach/bottle/mentality/whatever for it. That isn’t negative, that’s just fact. We’ve got a squad of losers. 

I'd wait and see who Gerrard brings in and moves on first.

The group stages are not impossible but we need some really good luck in the draw to be fair.

16 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

I'd wait and see who Gerrard brings in and moves on first.

The group stages are not impossible but we need some really good luck in the draw to be fair.

I doubt the manager will have brought in many of his players by the time the qualifiers are complete, he'll be competing with the English leagues for players and most quality players will wait till near the end of the transfer window to commit. 

36 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

I doubt the manager will have brought in many of his players by the time the qualifiers are complete, he'll be competing with the English leagues for players and most quality players will wait till near the end of the transfer window to commit. 

The English transfer window shuts on the 9th August, only the second qualifying round will be finished by then. 

1 hour ago, mabawsa said:

why should we not get through the qualifiers? I am not even thinking of us going out and i am sure Stevie G ain't either. We just so happened 12 months ago to have a diddy in charge with fud-like players and zero tactical plans. I am optimistic that lightening doesn't strike twice! 

Progres FUCKING Niederkorn.

Remember all the optimism before that game? All the "who the fuck are they we'll gub them".

Lightning can and does strike in the same place twice, three even thirty three times.

So please don't temp fate.