Europa league prize money

kris1984

30 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

Almost certain that someone on here did a breakdown previously which showed that it could cost us more in the earlier stages than we'd actually earn :unsure:

It will cost a fortune to hire an aircraft in peak holiday season, anything up to £150k

the group stages are the target. We need some luck and to play better than I have seen recently but its doable. That would really give Gerrard some breathing room as well.

Of course bad luck and/or playing shite will see a repeat of last year and Gerrard is off to a terrible start.

pray it is the former.

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

FFS, here we go. 

Just a few weeks ago it was we don’t want Europe because we are shit and will get pumped out first round. Now it’s why not make the group stages. :duh::duh:

We never learn. 

We could win it our teams flying with the appointment of Gerrard.

3 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

No chance we'll make the group stages. 

Will be tough with a new manager and the guts of another new team but the team will begin to realise that nothing is more important than a positive winning attitude and that's what will take us through 

It's a great pity the "European test" will come so soon...

Win a few games and we'll have the confidence building and a great mentality to launch the domestic season OR suffer an ignominious defeat to some random minnows and we'll have all the doubts about Gerrard start to creep in before he's even had a chance to find his feet and shape his squad.

Confidence and self-belief are so critical and the scum have it in abundance right now. Just praying we step up to the mark and give Stevie a positive psychological start he can build on as we go for 55.

7 hours ago, kris1984 said:

Was trying to find out roughly how much we could make from Europa this year.

Qualifiying rounds 

1st Qualifier - £189k

2nd Qualifier - £198k

3rd Qualifier - £206k

So if we get through all of those (unlikely) then we’ll pocket £594k

If we reach the groups then a guaranteed £2.2m. Plus £316k a win, £105k a draw.

if we somehow make the groups the. £2.8m up for grabs plus I’d imagine a few million in ticket sales. 

Huge task but a bigger carrot than I realised

I'm not sure that the payments in the qualifying rounds are cumulative.

I think the payments stated above are the total amounts paid to the losers in each qualifying round, so if you lost in the 3rd qualifying round you would receive £206,000 (€235,000) and that's it.  You would obviously also benefit from match day income for each home tie.  I think that you can also negotiate your own broadcasting fee for the qualifying rounds as the market pool doesn't kick in until the group stages. 

3 hours ago, Capital Blu said:

I'm not sure that the payments in the qualifying rounds are cumulative.

I think the payments stated above are the total amounts paid to the losers in each qualifying round, so if you lost in the 3rd qualifying round you would receive £206,000 (€235,000) and that's it.  You would obviously also benefit from match day income for each home tie.  I think that you can also negotiate your own broadcasting fee for the qualifying rounds as the market pool doesn't kick in until the group stages. 

No it adds up and you also get solidarity payments based upon how far you travel. sheep got about 900k sure last year and that does not include any tickets