Steven Gerrard admits he’s scouting possible targets at Toulon Tournament as he continues Uefa Pro-Licence

KingKirk

“I’ve got tasks to do within the course but I also have a wandering eye on what’s going on with certain individuals.”

From what he is saying, sounds like he is looking at players in relation to the course but is looking to snag a future superstar too. 

I really need to head back to bed. 

4 hours ago, K.A.I said:

I’m not being a cock on purpose and being pessimistic for a laugh (despite what some might think) but I really hate this youth/gem with potential Route 

it never works for us even with better/more proven managers than Gerrard with all due respect to him 

reneeeeeee gatuussi ya cunt

4 hours ago, K.A.I said:

I’m not being a cock on purpose and being pessimistic for a laugh (despite what some might think) but I really hate this youth/gem with potential Route 

it never works for us even with better/more proven managers than Gerrard with all due respect to him 

It seldom works for any big club to get a youngster on their books to make it all the way to the first team then stay there, have a look at the top EPL clubs and over the last 20 years you will get the odd Wayne Rooney, Jack Wilshre Harry Kane or John Terry (nicked from WHU youths) doing it but they are few and far between considering they are hoovering up the best youngsters in planet football, our own Billy Gilmour as an example touted by the guys who watched our youth football as the real deal I believe he was at Rangers since he was 8 years of age and for a relatively meagre sum as soon as he was 16 bye bye.

Zalalem was touted in some quarters as the next Pirlo ffs, he was neat and tidy but no more.

1 hour ago, Ivybank said:

we aren't going to topple the scum signing " prospects" from a youth tournament. 

Depends what you’re signing them for. 

Long term its fine. Short term we need proven quality. 

We can do both at the same time.

7 hours ago, K.A.I said:

It's for his coaching badges first and foremost though.

So think it's just the obligatory line of yeah there might be a hidden gem there but  he's there for his pro licence not a scouting mission.

7 hours ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Am I wrong to be a bit unsettled that he didn't spend his first day in the job in Glasgow at Ibrox or Auchenhowie?

Just a tad I’d say.  

More concerned what the players are up to this morning. 

Some will be tuned in & following a strict professional routine to maximise their chances & performances for the season ahead, yet some I’m in no doubt will be giving it their standard half arsed version.  

Hopefully they’ll be identified & dealt with accordingly on the 15th.  

4 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

If he manages to notice 4-5 players out there and end up signing one that does a job for us all whilst getting his Pro Licence then things are look good already. Guy is going to be a workhorse.

So was Warburton....let’s just hope he wins games and has several different plans

Dont give a fuck where he is on his first day he has already signed the contract. Just relieved he wasnt so fucking stupid to use 'outwith'' in that statement.

No aloud to say that if you are english these days ye know!