Steven Gerrard admits he’s scouting possible targets at Toulon Tournament as he continues Uefa Pro-Licence

KingKirk

Just now, Walter-of-Smith said:

He's one step below Gerrard.

Exactly don't see why people are thinking he's not allowed to manage the team in Europe etc. Load of rubbish drummed up by crackpot scum fans 

20 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

The licensing system is a complete and utter con. 

It’s simply rent seeking from the equivalent of the League Manager Associations in in each country in cahoots with UEFA (for whom it’s a nice little earner).

The system goes a long way to explaining why you see a merry go round of Allardyce, Mark Hughes, Pulis and the like for jobs in England. 

Have to agree with @K.A.I though, it’s a bit amateurish from us to appoint someone in this state - the rules are unfortunately the rules.

Is it fuck.

It's a managed situation and no rules are broken and he can manage us wherever the fuck we are.

You don't knock back the best prospect because he doesn't have a bit of paper ffs. You manage the situation and that is exactly what we are doing.

Fuck the haters. 

On 02/06/2018 at 01:35, K.A.I said:

I’m not being a cock on purpose and being pessimistic for a laugh (despite what some might think) but I really hate this youth/gem with potential Route 

it never works for us even with better/more proven managers than Gerrard with all due respect to him 

I think we are the same as most clubs in that respect - if its a prospect he has to be a really good prospect to make it in this league - and bigger clubs are wanting them. The taking a punt route hasn't really worked for us. Additionally, some of the loans we have had are obviously guys just seeing time out on their big contract at their parent club - and we need to avoid those like the plague.