Windass Staying

bigmclean

7 minutes ago, GWR1979 said:

If he stays then he should be nowhere near the midfield, and if he is not playing well hopefully he will get subbed as the last 2 managers have left him on and moved him about rather than subbing him.

TBH I would have thought he had used up all his chances with us.

Where would you play him then and what has he done (except being our second top scorer) that has made you conclude he’s used up all his chances? 

Specifically please

We have to keep some players can’t afford to just change a whole team. 

If gerrard can work with him and feels he can make him more consistent then Windass will be a good player at the moment we have only seen it in short spells. 

There will be changes to the team over the next couple of seasons so if Windass doesn’t improve then we can ship him out at a later date but there positions that need strengthened more urgently than his 

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

Where would you play him then and what has he done (except being our second top scorer) that has made you conclude he’s used up all his chances? 

Specifically please

Poor attitude, can't/won't tackle when in midfield, good at hiding during games and confrontational with supporters.

He has scored some decent goals but had a feeling he would be leaving if not and he is played further forward then it takes him away from the midfield where he is a liability.

8 minutes ago, GWR1979 said:

Poor attitude, can't/won't tackle when in midfield, good at hiding during games and confrontational with supporters.

He has scored some decent goals but had a feeling he would be leaving if not and he is played further forward then it takes him away from the midfield where he is a liability.

Everyone has a different job to do in midfield. Not everyone needs to be Terry Hurlock. 

He already sits behind the striker- any further forward then it’s a 4-4-2

perhaps having a proven winner as a gaffer may just inspire him to be better. Rather than the mealy mouthed managers he’s had so far at Rangers. 

29 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Specifically please

I know you didn't ask me but I think he would be a more than capable squad player ( we till need those).  I also think with a better team around him, we could see amazing stuff from Windass. He could easily still be a starter for us i he can get a bit more consistent in his game.

I think he has a lot of talent and potentia

15 minutes ago, PRW. said:

Sack the manager for wanting to keep our top goalscorer

Rocket

I honestly don't grasp how so many people call him everything under the sun, and say he is shite...yet he scored ( I thought it was the second most) goals in our team last season.  A team that most agree is one of the worst in our history in the top flight.

TO use an old cliche..."there's a player in there"

10 minutes ago, gogzy said:

I know you didn't ask me but I think he would be a more than capable squad player ( we till need those).  I also think with a better team around him, we could see amazing stuff from Windass. He could easily still be a starter for us i he can get a bit more consistent in his game.

I think he has a lot of talent and potentia

Hey, fire in Gogzy no bother. 

I agree - I hope in the long term under a different management regime we see the best of him. My prediction is that as our team gets stronger and better equipped, Windass will drop to the bench/squad though

53 minutes ago, BlueEdu said:

Utter nonsense you can hate him as a person but he’s one of the few players we have who has SOME sort of evidence that he can be decent 

Thats worse, if a player is ultimately shite no matter how much they put in, then fair enough, they have tried and its not worked out, when a player has the ability but is a shiftless shitebag bastard then they need kicked in the baws or kicked out the club, preferably both

1 hour ago, GWR1979 said:

He isn't good at hiding in games at all

He's fucking expert at it!

we'll see what happens but I've always liked Windass.  Gerrard might bring the best out in him... Josh showed in short spells what he's capable of; I guess it's just a question of consistency.  He might even play better with better players around him.

32 minutes ago, writingranger said:

Yep. And we haven't won a single match since he's been in charge.  Not one. Gerrard out!

We have been so shit up front and not scored a single goal since Gerrards been in charge either

We simply can’t afford to just buy a whole new team and Windass is one of the best players in our team so would be a bit worried if he did want to sell him unless anyone comes in with a decent money offer.

Dont see the problem with him on social media. Have more of a problem with some of our fans obsessed with abusing him after every tweet he does 

What happens when Tav and Windass are still shit in January?

Do we just magically make up for lost points, a decrease in transfer fee's and sign two replacements to fit in immediately?

Fod, Windass, Tav are all 25 or over and still living off ''potential''

how long are we going to wait?