JD Sports to become official retail partner

Just now, backup said:

There was no point to the boycott I have shown you it was better than average, it starved the club of funds and lined the pockets of blue pound chasers.

I dont remember the figures, but im almost certain it was comparable to us being raped by MA and wasnt on average with other clubs deals with retailers surely.

5 minutes ago, MattyBlue said:

I dont remember the figures, but im almost certain it was comparable to us being raped by MA and wasnt on average with other clubs deals with retailers surely.

The figures are historical in the rag trade, the boycott was engineered by blue pound chasers aided and abetted by king.

On 04/06/2018 at 14:05, Guardian said:

I did think Ashley rolled over (all puns intended) way too easy when he had all the cards. 

So much for honesty and transparency. 

So we pay up 3m to get rid, only we don't as they can still carry on, albeit for less profit. 

Not quite the big victory mini and King told us about. 

Bollocks the new retail deal is so so much better than the last one.

some cunts are never happy

They just bought an American sportswear company. If they are our new retailers I hope they will be punting our gear over there too.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-finish-line-m-a-jd-sports/jd-sports-gets-foot-in-u-s-with-558-million-finish-line-buy-idUKKBN1H20KA

9 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

You showed him nothing. 

Was wondering how long it would take for the usual suspects to appear :sarcasm:

Regardless whether we got 10p / 25p or a fiver a shirt - the fact is that the boycott hurt us more than it did Ashley. To think otherwise is being naive in the extreme.

20 hours ago, Virtuoso said:

Spunk a million of C1872's members money to buy 1/2 his shares - then the club enters into a further 1 year deal with him...yet it was seen as some masterstroke from King :sarcasm:

You couldn't make it up.

20 hours ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Not the best agreement granted but we were pretty much hogtied by the previous SD deal, I'm not entirely sure what other options were available to us. 

There were no options available to us, the fact of the matter is that Ashley played the good-guy (and King like a fiddle). If he decided to 'stick' then nothing would have changed. Do you honestly believe that Ashley ever gave us a second thought / lost sleep at night over a few unsold tops?

The one question that has went unanswered is why did C1872 see the need to spend a million on buying out 1/2 of Ashleys shareholding when he had zero power and no voting rights. He was a minnow in the bigger scheme of things - his shareholding was completely unrelated to SD and the retail deal. C1872 buying him out had absolutely nothing to do with the SD deal despite what some would leave you to believe.

Just saying...

1 minute ago, Virtuoso said:

There were no options available to us, the fact of the matter is that Ashley played the good-guy (and King like a fiddle). If he decided to 'stick' then nothing would have changed. Do you honestly believe that Ashley ever gave us a second thought / lost sleep at night over a few unsold tops?

The one question that has went unanswered is why did C1872 see the need to spend a million on buying out 1/2 of Ashleys shareholding when he had zero power and no voting rights. He was a minnow in the bigger scheme of things - his shareholding was completely unrelated to SD and the retail deal. C1872 buying him out had absolutely nothing to do with the SD deal despite what some would leave you to believe.

Just saying...

It had everything to do with removing any level of influence he had at our club whilst also increasing the fan ownership percentage. I’d much rather C1872 held the shares than him.

This needs to be in the boardroom section I’ve been sucked into a conversation I don’t want to be in! :lol:

22 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

Regardless whether we got 10p / 25p or a fiver a shirt - the fact is that the boycott hurt us more than it did Ashley. To think otherwise is being naive in the extreme.

It is in general a % of net profit, so on net profit of 10% an exceptional profit figure,a  shirt at point of sale that retails at say £50 Would generate free and clear profit of £5 per shirt.

In our case it was a split with RR giving us around £2.50 per shirt.

Also remember that RR bore all costs, we simply shared in the profits.

11 hours ago, Laudrup1690 said:

Bollocks the new retail deal is so so much better than the last one.

some cunts are never happy

Some of us cunts haven't been happy for a long time because of the appalling mismanagement we've suffered. 

7 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

It had everything to do with removing any level of influence he had at our club whilst also increasing the fan ownership percentage. I’d much rather C1872 held the shares than him.

This needs to be in the boardroom section I’ve been sucked into a conversation I don’t want to be in! :lol:

Ashley had around 8% - so he was nothing more than a minor shareholder. He had no influence or powers to call an EGM etc.

As for fan ownership, how's that working out when they're about to see their holding diluted* which equates to their members donations being literally pissed against the wall.

*unless they use the projects monies to maintain their shareholding (members about to be consulted apparently).

18 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

This coming from the guy who called for the Rangers support to boycott season tickets not once, but on two seperate occasions in the past year.???

10 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

Ashley had around 8% - so he was nothing more than a minor shareholder. He had no influence or powers to call an EGM etc.

As for fan ownership, how's that working out when they're about to see their holding diluted* which equates to their members donations being literally pissed against the wall.

*unless they use the projects monies to maintain their shareholding (members about to be consulted apparently).

Ok man this has escalated way beyond JD Sports, I’m out. 

3 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

This coming from the guy who called for the Rangers support to boycott season tickets not once, but on two seperate occasions in the past year.???

Coming from someone who couldn't take a comment in context and ignore the prior and previous posts about it.

Still, ignore the subject matter and divert - it's what you do.

Maybe Spin City has your log in...

Just now, Virtuoso said:

Coming from someone who couldn't take a comment in context and ignore the prior and previous posts about it.

Plain and simple,  there's no denying it you were on here calling for Rangers supporters to boycott season tickets on two seperate occasions and now you're going on about  boycotts hurting the club.:duh:

No surprise that you're in agreement with a forum member that some suspect might be Rangers hater Tom English.

50 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

That's total shite. He also called an EGM in the summer of 2015. 

28 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

For far to long king supporters have got away with blatant lying over the RR deal, the fact that they are unable to make a correlation any correlation between their fictional figures as to SD/Ashley and our share of generated profit tells all. The truth is they don't even understand their own fantasy figures.

Simple challenge to the figure fantasists, why did king use club money to pay £3 million for something that had as his fans claim, little or no value. 

43 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

Plain and simple,  there's no denying it you were on here calling for Rangers supporters to boycott season tickets on two seperate occasions and now you're going on about  boycotts hurting the club.:duh:

No surprise that you're in agreement with a forum member that some suspect might be Rangers hater Tom English.

It was two posts relating to one occasion and where I explained that I would like to see the same set-up that King previously mentioned where ST monies would be held in an escrow account.

So, back to the current discussion or do want to continue diverting (which is the norm for you)?

48 minutes ago, Laudrup1690 said:

A dam sight more than 4p in the pound or whatever it was 

how much more? considering a new deal any new deal cannot be signed until after the expiry of the present deal, also only if SD do not excercise their option.

1 hour ago, Virtuoso said:

When he was in a position to do so.

He was no longer in that position when C1872 and JW bought out his shareholding.

Eh :lol:

He owned the exact same % of shares then as he did when he was bought out. 

Only takes 5% of the company to call an EGM.