I see The goalie is saying Gerrard should put his boots on again, I will be honest it did cross my mind and any Liverpool fans I have spoken to have said the same as Goram.

Would you like to see Gerrard wearing the famous blue shirt in a player manager role?

I feel if he got match fit he would still do a job for us but I also feel that if things were going wrong our very impatient support would turn on him a hell of a lot quicker.

I remember when McCoist was assistant manager he would wear the playing shorts on the bench. Im sure we played east Fife that season and I was half expecting him to get subbed on.

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Goram needs to put his drink down he was telling everyone up duke street louden a couple weeks ago Dave Murray was coming back in to invest millions he’s best ignored in all honesty 

I saw him in Coatbridge last weekend hanging about the train station looking like he was still in the same suit from the night before.

If he was coming in as a manager straight from playing, with no break in between then I’d say get him registered to play, but he’s had the retirement head on for what, a year? I think he’d struggle badly to switch his head back to being a player again 

anyway he dosent want to be a player anymore he’s happy with all he achieved as a player so pointless talking about it.  

Becoming a manager after being a superstar player is the next big test to give yourself, knowing how committed Gerrard was to being the best he possibly could be as a player, gives me hope for Gerrard the manager. Let’s go!

I would love to see Gerrard play in the Queens 11 but however much I like the idea it is not practical for various reasons;

Our club is far from stable and our manager having to train and manage the players is going to be a big ask.

He doesn't need to prove himself to anyone up here, he is a legend of the game and has enough money so does not need to risk being a failure up here against hammer throwers and referees with green tinted specs on. Why face criticism that "you could'nae hack it in Scotland yah southern poofter"? 

He is doing his final badge and needs the time for that too.

Plus his family will be down south and although it is not to far away he will spend as much time down there as he can without having to do extra shifts in the training facilities.

All in all for me I hope we have the funds to give the gaffer a team and we can concentrate on our primary concern which is getting that 55 and kicking the tramps off the top of the pile. If he does that I won't care if we could get the 25 year old Gerrard back to play for us, that would be music to ears that have not heard it in years.

13 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Great idea. Maybe Gary can also get his boots on, and if Jimmy is still around why not get him on the pitch as well. Murty was a player so get him registered. Could save ourselves a fortune in transfer fees here. Good thinking op.

55 CONFIRMED

38 minutes ago, Sweettartangirl said:

He needs to concentrate on building our team back to top notch players worthy of our badge. Playing himself would land him to possibly fall. He maybe does still have what it takes if he were to get match fit, but he should be Manager first in my opinion. 

Gerrard could probably confine himself to the centre circle for whole games and have more passing accuracy than all of our midfielders combined last season.

But as I said, League Cup only.