Isle of Man TT (Adam Lyon)

10 hours ago, bluedylan said:

Another of the Dunlop family killed in a road race 

He didn't go to the TT this year as his wife's 20 week scan showed an anomaly. I cannot imagine what his wife and the rest of the family is going through now. That is 2 brothers and a son lost to the sport, heartbreaking.

On 08/07/2018 at 10:09, MidSussexBlue said:

He didn't go to the TT this year as his wife's 20 week scan showed an anomaly. I cannot imagine what his wife and the rest of the family is going through now. That is 2 brothers and a son lost to the sport, heartbreaking.

This is the issue when people say it's their choice. Definitely a discussion to be had, because it's not just one man's life that's at stake with most people that ride. 

Do we say it's just choice with wearing seatbelts? Or all manner of other things? I think sometimes rules and restrictions have to be imposed for people's own good. 

3 minutes ago, Inigo said:

This is the issue when people say it's their choice. Definitely a discussion to be had, because it's not just one man's life that's at stake with most people that ride. 

Do we say it's just choice with wearing seatbelts? Or all manner of other things? I think sometimes rules and restrictions have to be imposed for people's own good. 

So are soliders on the front line Or anyone doing a job that may cost them their life only to be single with no family???

51 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

So are soliders on the front line Or anyone doing a job that may cost them their life only to be single with no family???

Yeah, of course. The difference with soldiery and other things is they have to be done by someone and everything is generally done to make sure the can be as safe as possible within obvious limits. Some things don't have to be done by anyone but are incredibly dangerous if you do. 

I'm not saying I've reached any conclusion about how I feel about it, but it's definitely something worth discussing. In some cases children have basically lost their father because someone did something they enjoyed that was very, very dangerous. 

It's about where we draw lines.

4 hours ago, Inigo said:

I agree, but the issue is who decides what the rules and restrictions would be. Someone like me, who has never ridden a motorbike in my life would have a totally different view to those who think nothing of riding a motorbike at speeds approaching 200mph.