Double pass ( Rangers youth assessment)

High hopes for the youth program. Of course the most difficult thing is giving players enough game time but with Gerrard coming through the youth ranks of a big club and coaching youths it does fill me with some hope that we’ll see more come through the academy. 

Mulholland, especially with this European tournament, seems to really have our youth on the right track, but, the proof will come when we see these guys earning promotion and really impacting the first-team squad.   Success by Mulholland in youth development has to be coupled with a first-team manager prepared to give these guys a chance, easier said than done at Rangers.

50 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Mulholland, especially with this European tournament, seems to really have our youth on the right track, but, the proof will come when we see these guys earning promotion and really impacting the first-team squad.   Success by Mulholland in youth development has to be coupled with a first-team manager prepared to give these guys a chance, easier said than done at Rangers.

This, he is doing a fine job.

Very good news, but sadly there seems to be mamy barriers for our youth players progressing and becoming mainstay players in the first team. Until we can start generate serious first team contenders and sell on value, then this survey is frankly worth sod all.

Had a look on their website there, it's a little, actually more than a little vague, it all sounds nice but I'd like to know how they come to their conclusions and who the "football professionals" who are making the recommendations are, my first thought was if they are so good then why are they employed by "double pass" and not by a top club? but I suppose I'm probably being pedantic as they do seem to have been used by an impressive collection of different sports organizations, I can understand stuff like this in the corporate world of high finance and I know that I'm an auld cunt but I can't help feeling that a lot of these organizations are just a money maker for smooth talkers.

1 hour ago, Hamie said:

I had to re-read that, skimmed it at first and through we had scored 88 out of 74

:mutley:

Those pesky Masonic ref's :angrywillie:

In all seriousness that sounds like a pretty good evaluation, I've always been impressed any time I've heard Mulholland speak and the youths had plenty of superb results against European opposition last season.

Seems to know what he's doing/trying to achieve.