TheGovanIniesta

Carlos Peña - Club Necaxa

8 hours ago, TMB said:

He's only went to Peru for the sneesh.

Necaxa is a Liga MX club in Mexico from city of Aguascalientes. Is the same league as Cruz Azul

This has maybe been posted, but it is Sky's version:

12:39

PENA OFFLOADED TO NECAXA

Rangers midfielder Carlos Pena has been forced to join another Mexican club on loan after Cruz Azul cancelled his year-long switch from Ibrox six months early.

Necaxa have now taken over the remainder of the 28-year-old's loan period after his former Gers boss Pedro Caixinha axed him following his troubled stay with Cruz Azul.

Pena's latest switch comes amid reports that he had been forced to check himself into a rehab facility run by former boxer Julio Cesar Chavez in order to combat his problems with alcohol.

Mario Hernandez Lash, Necaxa's sports director, has vowed to help Pena fight his demons and rediscover his best form.

He told the mediotiempo.com website: "We all deserve a second chance. He became the most sought-after player in Mexican football a few years ago and I do not think he has forgotten to play football. You just have to guide him."

Dunno why but Pena reminds me of this guy :lol:

2 hours ago, MrMckee said:

Dunno why but Pena reminds me of this guy :lol:

Which guy?

10 hours ago, Bears r us said:

This has maybe been posted, but it is Sky's version:

12:39

PENA OFFLOADED TO NECAXA

Rangers midfielder Carlos Pena has been forced to join another Mexican club on loan after Cruz Azul cancelled his year-long switch from Ibrox six months early.

Necaxa have now taken over the remainder of the 28-year-old's loan period after his former Gers boss Pedro Caixinha axed him following his troubled stay with Cruz Azul.

Pena's latest switch comes amid reports that he had been forced to check himself into a rehab facility run by former boxer Julio Cesar Chavez in order to combat his problems with alcohol.

Mario Hernandez Lash, Necaxa's sports director, has vowed to help Pena fight his demons and rediscover his best form.

He told the mediotiempo.com website: "We all deserve a second chance. He became the most sought-after player in Mexican football a few years ago and I do not think he has forgotten to play football. You just have to guide him."

Lets hope he has a storming 6 months leading to some club parting with pesos to keep him, likewise Alves gets some WC game time and we get a bit of dough from a club looking for a defensive "warrior"

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LegendofCoop said:

Which guy?

Anyone of the nerdy ones 

To get him iff the wage bill, wether its full wage or part, this early in the window is brillant news, media would have had a field day with him if he cam back to scotland

15 minutes ago, Fergie_6 said:

To get him iff the wage bill, wether its full wage or part, this early in the window is brillant news, media would have had a field day with him if he cam back to scotland

He was already off the wage bill (in part anyway) until January this just appears to be transfer of terms with no additional gain (at the moment anyway unless he impresses so much this new mob wants to buy him)

14 hours ago, K.A.I said:

He was already off the wage bill (in part anyway) until January this just appears to be transfer of terms with no additional gain (at the moment anyway unless he impresses so much this new mob wants to buy him)

Yeah with cruz azul cancelling his loan, he was back on our wage bill,was suprised a club took him so fast, esp a mexican team after the negative press with his antics there so far

1 minute ago, Fergie_6 said:

Yeah with cruz azul cancelling his loan, he was back on our wage bill,was suprised a club took him so fast, esp a mexican team after the negative press with his antics there so far

I don't think it worked like that mate, Cruz Azul could only cancel because this mob took it over from them ... he was just passed across ... I don't think at any time he was back on our books, even for a minute. 

• Like 2

Despite his obvious issues, I don't think we can underestimate how highly rated he is (or was) in South America.

4 minutes ago, ben51 said:

Despite his obvious issues, I don't think we can underestimate how highly rated he is (or was) in South America.

I think that's diminishing though each time he get's passed about teams like an over 40's scudbook in a school playground .. someone would have bought him by now even for peanuts instead of these cautious loans... he's no Rangers future after what he did the first team to offer us taking over his contract for good and he'd probably be gone and we write off the 2.5-million as frustrating as that is.

57 minutes ago, ben51 said:

Like the South American version of Franny Jeffers.

In reality totally shite

On 08/06/2018 at 22:33, K.A.I said:

I don't think it worked like that mate, Cruz Azul could only cancel because this mob took it over from them ... he was just passed across ... I don't think at any time he was back on our books, even for a minute. 

Lets hope now that his problems are out, he gets the help needed and also screws the nut on the field, has an excellent rest of season, then new mob want to buy him, everyone happy

On 6/8/2018 at 16:38, ben51 said:

On 6/8/2018 at 17:38, Number5 said:

Like the South American version of Franny Jeffers.

In reality totally shite

He is not South American. 

• Like 1