*** Official World Cup Fantasy Football 2018 ***

The official Fantasy Football just went live and I've set up a Fantasy Football league for the site;

https://fantasy.fifa.com/en/home

You can join the league using this code - OEMFKNZZ

or by using this link;

https://fantasy.fifa.com/en/leagues?code=46726F73733838382323343031232352616E676572732532304D6564696123234F454D464B4E5A5A

I also set one up for the Sun's ff, league code - WCPFWYAL

Used to do win most if  if not all those competitions, mostly at work, secret was always making sure you had a full team playing by watching out for injuries and suspensions, going with form players even if they became expensive, and spending on goal scoring midfielders rather than forwards and not touching the African and Asian nations, even Japan.

Not doing it this time, but if I did I'd get the Russian goalkeeper and a defender in there first as they won't be giving away too many goals in the early stages, would always get an attacking German defender and the best Argentinians in as they always go far. 

Also no Brazilians, their still under huge pressure from last tournament and no fun for them playing in Russia, no idea why they are favourites, and anyways Suarez will be better than Neymar in early rounds.and no England players either, but French ones acceptable. 

I'd also avoid the Portuguese, they're past it now, and i fully expect Spain to beat them in first game and then for the Portuguese to have a silly result or two against the two lesser teams.

Get a couple of Belgians too in first round. stages.

Messi ? He'll be crucial. and depends on whether you think he'll start off scoring early. If he does you'll be falling behind straight away as everyone else will have him. 

Gets a bit more predictable in the later stages with less players and the game totally dependant on how much you can spend on the better players in successful teams. , so make sure you are putting some of the the cash aside in the last group game and first knock out round  in early stages  to keep up with the more expensive players who have risen in price. And take out players of teams who have already qualified before the 3d game as chances are they'll be rested.

If you've spent too much cash on big players squeeze a couple of Poles or Croatians who are cheap but guaranteed to play, on the bench. Avoid Switxerland. 

4 hours ago, Mols94 said:

Anyone pick any Russians?

On 10/06/2018 at 04:21, tannerall said:

Not doing it this time, but if I did I'd get the Russian goalkeeper and a defender in there first as they won't be giving away too many goals in the early stages,

• 1 month later...