2 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

This is the market we should be shopping in.

Sampdoria picked up that Skirinar from Slovakia for buttons, sold him for good money and inter will make even more off him.

Slovenia, Slovakia, Romania, Croatia full of good players rather than over inflated English shite.

Hope it’s true. 

Steaua Bucharest paid €400,000 for Dennis Man, now asking €30 Mil from Man Utd 2 years later. 

This is what FdB was very good at at Ajax, he spent a lot of money but took in far, far more (not promoting FdB but I have looked at the stats previously). It is a model we should follow, and include blending our own youths. 

Alex Ferguson tended to buy players younger (not quite as speculative as may have to, clearly) and sell them in their prime - Beckham, Ince, Kanchelskis etc. It is about hunger as much as it is sell on value and business model. 

• Like 4

Is that a junior side he plays for.

Haha so the story breaks that we are interested in him and a couple hours later he's signing for spartak. What a load of rubbish :lol:

9 minutes ago, Smile said:

Is that a junior side he plays for.

Finished 6th in the Croatian League last season I think, their league is a bit better than ours.

43 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

So somehow within a couple of hours of this story breaking on a tiny croatian twitter page, they know the guy is going to Moscow on Tuesday and is snubbing us :lol: 

Swift bit of work right there eh!

2 hours ago, Smell the hotdog said:

This is the market we should be shopping in.

Sampdoria picked up that Skirinar from Slovakia for buttons, sold him for good money and inter will make even more off him.

Slovenia, Slovakia, Romania, Croatia full of good players rather than over inflated English shite.

Hope it’s true. 

Totally agree. Them markets have some great players in them.

Don't know anything about this guy, but my gut tells me we would be on the right track.

21 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Signed him for Rangers in my champ game last year.

He was shite. Avoid.

😄

Was he playing at the tournament in France that Gerrard was watching?

Good to hear these deals are going on quietly in the background

I'm glad there appeared to be some serious interest from us on this one. One of the few unknown's we've been linked with that (gut feeling granted) would work out well. 

1 minute ago, Siwel said:

Good to hear these deals are going on quietly in the background

If true that gives me a whole lot more confidence in our transfers, who knows how many more we could be doing in the background that haven't been made public yet.

• Like 4

Hopefully the fact we actually flew over to meet him in Croatia as opposed to him having to fly over to Moscow to negotiate with Spartak goes into his final decision.

Was in Croatia last year and all the guys i spoke with new about us.. 

Big Prso is the working mans hero and he speaks fondly of us on Croatian tv reguarly.

Could help convince any young Croat to come here..

DfXhD8JWAAY9p_A.jpg

Hopefully big dado can get into this lad and gt him to sign for us

• Like 1

£2m for this one.  If we landed both him and Goldson that would be £5m+ on two CBs. 

1.PNG

I think 2 million is a lot for him in all honesty but the reward on him could be massive - right market, right age, decent enough development thus far and in a key area we need to strengthen. 

• Like 3

I’ve never seen him play but really want us to sign him :lol:

• Like 1

Don't see a problem with 2m on this one could be a steal and a big sell on value. Him and Goodson at the back would be a massive upgrade 

• Like 1

Good to see we have our scouting network beyond the UK. The player seems the right age profile . Even if we don't get him we appear to be looking in the right areas and are prepared to spend money