50 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Well your definition of looking good is different to mine mate ... although I will meet you half way in the sense that he looks gangly and bambi on ice but so did Lafferty against better defences, but against the shite in Scotland I thought he did well even if others didn't so you never know .. I think what Leeds Bear was talking about earlier was a concession I made, I think I said on reflection he might be OK as a squad option and still could be ... but I think we need much higher quality ... we shouldn't under-estimate what we actually need and I include Gerrard in that

Thought he looked good and very dangerous with the ball running at the PSG defence but again just a YouTube vid and they can be very deceiving I.e Ortiz,Pena,capucho etc 

Complete agree we need much higher quality player to challenge scum I’d say 3/4 players tbh.

i think Sadiq will be a good impact player for us to bring on with his pace and unpredictability.

has to be a upgrade on Miller,Herrera,Cummings etc 

46 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

I thought you said earlier in the thread you’d take him on loan.

I wouldn’t be gutted if we didn’t get him but he looks like one of those players who could provide something different off the bench, but not much else! 

I clarified up a couple of posts meant as a squad option if not over-whelmed about it ... was really posting about people saying he looks good in that video - he doesn't IMO.

1 hour ago, The Godfather said:

They won't loan him out if he isn't a first pick to the team he goes to. Would be pointless otherwise.

we won't bring him in and keep Morelos

We've seen loans before were guys weren't Automatic 1st pick. Recent example Cummings. 

If Gerrard goes with 2 up front we need at least 4 strikers. In that system both solanke and Sadiq would be getting a lot of game time. Morelos could also he kept barring silly money offer. Wonder if windass is being planned for use as a striker as well. 

1 minute ago, BlueKnight87 said:

We've seen loans before were guys weren't Automatic 1st pick. Recent example Cummings. 

If Gerrard goes with 2 up front we need at least 4 strikers. In that system both solanke and Sadiq would be getting a lot of game time. Morelos could also he kept barring silly money offer. Wonder if windass is being planned for use as a striker as well. 

Think he means the fact that solanke is on the verge of the first team at Liverpool then if there was a chance of loaning him out then he's got to be starting otherwise they'll be aswell keeping him, Cummings just had no place at forest 

7 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

On that note, is anything further known about Herrera's situation? Or Forrester or Cardoso for that matter? If I remember correctly they didn't travel as they were in discussions with other clubs

7 minutes ago, Waggy1872 said:

Think he means the fact that solanke is on the verge of the first team at Liverpool then if there was a chance of loaning him out then he's got to be starting otherwise they'll be aswell keeping him, Cummings just had no place at forest 

I think if he does come Liverpool would expect him to get a lot of game time but that doesn't mean he's automatic 1st pick. Form, injuries etc come into it.

I do think but solanke would bang them in for us up here and would likely play his way into automatic pick. 

6 minutes ago, Amato said:

On that note, is anything further known about Herrera's situation? Or Forrester or Cardoso for that matter? If I remember correctly they didn't travel as they were in discussions with other clubs

Reports saying Herrea been told he's surplus to requirements. 

Haven't seen anything recent on Forrester or Cardoso. 

Isn't cardoso's missus posting pics from being on holiday just now?

5 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Weren't they all meant to have stayed behind because they were discussing moves to other clubs? Possibly I've dreamed this

14 minutes ago, Amato said:

Weren't they all meant to have stayed behind because they were discussing moves to other clubs? Possibly I've dreamed this

You didn't dream it mate, Eskbank said it.

It really all depends what we're looking for in a striker.  This Sadiq looks like someone capable of leading a front line on his own.  In some of these clips he's picking the ball up from deep and carrying it 30-40 yards in to the box.  He's holding players off, playing with his back to goal, bringing others in to it, etc.  He looks like a modern day CF.  If he's competition for Morelos up front then I can see him doing a job.  I'd obviously prefer Solanke but I doubt that's realistic.  

2 hours ago, TMB said:

It really all depends what we're looking for in a striker.  This Sadiq looks like someone capable of leading a front line on his own.  In some of these clips he's picking the ball up from deep and carrying it 30-40 yards in to the box.  He's holding players off, playing with his back to goal, bringing others in to it, etc.  He looks like a modern day CF.  If he's competition for Morelos up front then I can see him doing a job.  I'd obviously prefer Solanke but I doubt that's realistic.  

M8 it's a two and half minute clip......you seriously can't be telling us what kind of player he is based on that clip?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

M8 it's a two and half minute clip......you seriously can't be telling us what kind of player he is based on that clip?

I said "looks like" and it was my opinion based on what limited footage I've seen.  There's many more willing to write the guy off based on the same YouTube footage.  If your position is that nobody knows anything then I hope you're taking the time to quote every single person in this thread who has offered up an opinion and repeating to them the same "you seriously can't be telling us what kind of player he is based on that clip?" line.  

Also, he does look like a CF rather than a penalty box striker.  You're welcome to disagree.

Imo it's the kind of player we need . A foil for Alfredo.  Height and strength in the box .. personally I'd rather solanke as he's more a Hately/ cousin type who will batter through defences 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TMB said:

I think we’ll get Solanke near the end of the window

1 hour ago, Siwel said:

I think we’ll get Solanke near the end of the window

Reports said klopp wouldn't make a decision until the end of the window on Solanke going on loan. This is August 9th now down in England after a vote. 

A lot depends on Liverpool transfer business. If they add another foward then I think we might get him. 

14 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Reports said klopp wouldn't make a decision until the end of the window on Solanke going on loan. This is August 9th now down in England after a vote. 

A lot depends on Liverpool transfer business. If they add another foward then I think we might get him. 

Aye that’s what I've been thinking

22 hours ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Pretty sure I seen a pic of Forrester on holiday in Thailand today. Says it all about his attitude really. 

32 minutes ago, Blackandra said:

Pretty sure I seen a pic of Forrester on holiday in Thailand today. Says it all about his attitude really. 

Pretty sure I saw a pic of him training at Auchenhowie with Hodson today, so there's that

• Like 1

Forrester was in the West end on Thursday eating lunch at Tribeca himself. 

Cba giving the wee waster the satisfaction of someone knowing him. Sooner he’s gone the better. 

5 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Pretty sure I saw a pic of him training at Auchenhowie with Hodson today, so there's that

Is Hodson no in Spain training? 

7 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Hodsons in Spain mate. 

2 minutes ago, Blackandra said:

Hodsons in Spain mate. 

There's a picture posted today of forrester, hodson and atakayi training at 'the Hummel training centre' 

6 minutes ago, gers31 said:

Is Hodson no in Spain training? 

3 minutes ago, Blackandra said:

Hodsons in Spain mate. 

I wondered that but thought he was one that got left behind.

I'll shut up now 😂 he must have posted an old training photo on his insta story earlier today then cause I'm sure it was there

• Like 1

Just now, Waggy1872 said:

There's a picture posted today of forrester, hodson and atakayi training at 'the Hummel training centre' 

Aye this is the one I saw, isn't Atakayi in Spain as well? Must be an old photo