Jump to content

Recommended Posts


THE SUN:

Sadiq spent the second half of last season on loan with Dutch side NAC Breda, where he netted five goals in 13 games.

Roma paid Spezia £2million for the 6ft 4in 21-year-old in 2016 and he scored two goals in six Serie A games before loan spells with Bologna and Torino.

Breda have an option to take Sadiq — who scored four goals for Nigeria at the 2016 Olympics in Rio — for next season, but nothing has been decided yet.

Gerrard knows he has to beef up his front options, with Alfredo Morelos his only recognised striker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

We've got enough strikers that get into good positions and can't finish as it is

I agree. You’re missing my point though, if he is consistently getting into the positions then he isn’t horrendous. 

On the basis of that video he knows how to lead the line, but needs to work on his finishing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lets hope this info is as reliable as your pish about FdB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What had Edouard achieved in the game prior to joining celtic on loan?  I know it's east to be negative about young players we know nothing about but this lad must have something about him for so many big clubs to have been interested just a year or two ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

I agree. You’re missing my point though, if he is consistently getting into the positions then he isn’t horrendous. 

On the basis of that video he knows how to lead the line, but needs to work on his finishing.

I'm not missing your point, you are basically saying he's not all bad at least he's got something about him (getting into positions)

My point is fuck that - we need strikers that can score, not another cunt like him which we've already got.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is 6ft 4 really enough to warrant the description "towering"? I'm a literal giant if it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

Is 6ft 4 really enough to warrant the description "towering"? I'm a literal giant if it is.

Yes 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

I'm not missing your point, you are basically saying he's not all bad at least he's got something about him (getting into positions)

My point is fuck that - we need strikers that can score, not another cunt like him which we've already got.

Any player who is scoring consistently at a reasonable level is probably beyond our price range.  Even celtic, who have a lot more money than us, had three of their attacking options on loan last season.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TMB said:

Any player who is scoring consistently at a reasonable level is probably beyond our price range.  Even celtic, who have a lot more money than us, had three of their attacking options on loan last season.  

So the alternative is just buy someone who's pish and hope he becomes good? we don't develop and nuture talent, we need ready made talent we can't keep this route of picking up rough diamonds and hoping it works - we've had years of this ridiculous transfer policy.

I'd rather take a punt on goalscorers at levels in leagues like Croatia, Ukraine, Slovakia, Slovenia, Greece, Serbia, Moldova, Montenegro, Bosnia etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, K.A.I said:

So the alternative is just buy someone who's pish and hope he becomes good? we don't develop and nuture talent, we need ready made talent we can't keep this route of picking up rough diamonds and hoping it works - we've had years of this ridiculous transfer policy.

I'd rather take a punt on goalscorers at levels in leagues like Croatia, Ukraine, Slovakia, Slovenia, Greece, Serbia, Moldova, Montenegro, Bosnia etc.

You don't know if he's pish.  He might turn out to be a real find.  As I said, what had Edouard achieved in the game prior to signing for celtic?  The reality is we have very limited resources so the market we shop in now are youth prospects, hidden gems from Croatia and Norway, or guys who are well past their best and are looking for a final payday.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TMB said:

You don't know if he's pish.  He might turn out to be a real find.  As I said, what had Edouard achieved in the game prior to signing for celtic?  The reality is we have very limited resources so the market we shop in now are youth prospects, hidden gems from Croatia and Norway, or guys who are well past their best and are looking for a final payday.  

Fuck sake. OK then, cool - let's just sign his brother too since we don't know for sure he's pish too ... listen if you want to use that as logical criteria the world really is your oyster.

I'd prefer we were a lot more measured and calculated when it comes to signing players based on what we need. We appear to have limited strategy based on who we are getting linked with and it's unacceptable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

OP is a pish stained rancid tramp. 

image.png.c314fd431fa6cba3495b3d4405d96e2e.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I'm not missing your point, you are basically saying he's not all bad at least he's got something about him (getting into positions)

My point is fuck that - we need strikers that can score, not another cunt like him which we've already got.

The type of striker you’re after is likely to cost serious cash though. Which means we’re then in a position of saying you either spunk your budget on quality or look at developing potential, both are gambles.

Im not convinced by this guy, but the biggest thing in football is positioning, so if he is getting into scoring positions the goals will come.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We already have a guy who gets into good positions and misses. We need a guy who only will put 1 out of 3 away. Young strikers are inconsistent unless truly top drawer. Id rather we went for a 25-28 guy whose been doing well for a 3/4 seasons somewhere. Their out there..we just gotta look better than we are. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

The type of striker you’re after is likely to cost serious cash though. Which means we’re then in a position of saying you either spunk your budget on quality or look at developing potential, both are gambles.

Im not convinced by this guy, but the biggest thing in football is positioning, so if he is getting into scoring positions the goals will come.

If you are so sure that the goals will come, then just stick with the strikers we've got then. 

In response to your first point, I don't agree they will always cost serious cash - but even if they did? why don't we do the novel thing and stockpile some cash and buy 1 top player for once instead of constantly buying multiple, sub-standard crap that get's us nowhere? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

If you are so sure that the goals will come, then just stick with the strikers we've got then. 

In response to your first point, I don't agree they will always cost serious cash - but even if they did? why don't we do the novel thing and stockpile some cash and buy 1 top player for once instead of constantly buying multiple, sub-standard crap that get's us nowhere? 

This guy Goldson is costing us £3m+ and he's barely kicked a ball since 2016.  He's a marquee signing for us at that price and he's not even playing football let alone performing regularly.  We can't afford to buy a striker who scores regularly in a reputable league. 

You said you'd rather take punt on guys front leagues like Croatia, Ukraine, Slovakia, Slovenia, Greece, Serbia, Moldova, Montenegro, Bosnia etc.  We did that when we brought Morelos here from Finland.  We scored more goals than any other team in the SPFL top-tier last season and we're now adding depth to our attack.  We might yet pull off someone like Solanke towards the end of the window and would a coup that would be.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TMB said:

Towering Roma youngster Umar Sadiq is the latest name to be linked with Rangers as Steven Gerrard goes about his summer overhaul.

The 21-year-old Nigeria U23 international cost the Serie A giants £2m from Spezia two years ago but has yet to make a top team appearance for Giallorossi.

Now, after a loan spell at NAC Breda last season, the 6ft 4in striker is on Rangers’ radar, according to the Sun, with another loan switch being considered.

Sadiq, who has also had spells at Torino and Bologna, struck five goals in 12 appearances for Breda and has four goals for Nigeria’s U23 side to his credit in just six games. Gerrard is keen to freshen up his attacking options with Kenny Miller and Jason Cummings gone and Eduardo Herrera heading for the exit.

Cummings is gone? Did I miss a potential 50 pager on this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Just searched him .. a striker that's scored 7 goals since his career started in 2014

pass

Was gonna come back at this by asking how many goals Odsonne Edouard scored before he went to the tims, then I saw that video :lol: Jesus wept.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, TMB said:

This guy Goldson is costing us £3m+ and he's barely kicked a ball since 2016.  He's a marquee signing for us at that price and he's not even playing football let alone performing regularly.  We can't afford to buy a striker who scores regularly in a reputable league. 

You said you'd rather take punt on guys front leagues like Croatia, Ukraine, Slovakia, Slovenia, Greece, Serbia, Moldova, Montenegro, Bosnia etc.  We did that when we brought Morelos here from Finland.  We scored more goals than any other team in the SPFL top-tier last season and we're now adding depth to our attack.  We might yet pull off someone like Solanke towards the end of the window and would a coup that would be.  

Goldson hardly kicked a ball in a couple of years 

Solanke 1 goal in his last 27 games.

Flanagan 20 games in 4 years.

Some Scandinavian that's flitted between 1st and 2nd div football.

All supposedly good reputations but ffs! I'm not too optimistic so far about next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×