7 hours ago, TMB said:

Towering Roma youngster Umar Sadiq is the latest name to be linked with Rangers as Steven Gerrard goes about his summer overhaul.

The 21-year-old Nigeria U23 international cost the Serie A giants £2m from Spezia two years ago but has yet to make a top team appearance for Giallorossi.

Now, after a loan spell at NAC Breda last season, the 6ft 4in striker is on Rangers’ radar, according to the Sun, with another loan switch being considered.

Sadiq, who has also had spells at Torino and Bologna, struck five goals in 12 appearances for Breda and has four goals for Nigeria’s U23 side to his credit in just six games. Gerrard is keen to freshen up his attacking options with Kenny Miller and Jason Cummings gone and Eduardo Herrera heading for the exit.

Is he?

He scored two goals in the bronze medal match in the 2016 Olympics.  There are some other YouTube clips where he manages to score with his head, which you might expect to see more of from a 6ft 4 player.

We’re really starting to struggle now with these rumours. Every single one we’ve been linked with the past 2 weeks is extremely underwhelming, a loan or a kid. 

I know there’s a long way to go but it’s becoming concerning and it’ll be really fucking concerning if our marquee signing by August is a CB with heart problems

1 hour ago, Prso's headband said:

We’re really starting to struggle now with these rumours. Every single one we’ve been linked with the past 2 weeks is extremely underwhelming, a loan or a kid. 

I know there’s a long way to go but it’s becoming concerning and it’ll be really fucking concerning if our marquee signing by August is a CB with heart problems

We met with that Croatian boy 3 weeks ago, no one had a clue.

No one knows what's going on behind the scene, it's refreshing that our business is being kept quiet. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

We met with that Croatian boy 3 weeks ago, no one had a clue.

No one knows what's going on behind the scene, it's refreshing that our business is being kept quiet. 

Bar him since Skrtel it’s been kids on loan and a deal we’ve been presumably working on for weeks (Goldson). None of these deals look promising at all, in fact they look the total opposite 

2 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Bar him since Skrtel it’s been kids on loan and a deal we’ve been presumably working on for weeks (Goldson). None of these deals look promising at all, in fact they look the total opposite 

That's assuming the dross we've been linked to in the papers is true. 

2 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

That's assuming the dross we've been linked to in the papers is true. 

Not really dross just under 23 kids with literally no first team experience. 

Katic and this guy are more unknown quantities which is absolutely fine if you’re going to end up pulling a few big names out the bag but like i said if Goldson is our marquee signing you can forget it

15 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Not really dross just under 23 kids with literally no first team experience. 

Katic and this guy are more unknown quantities which is absolutely fine if you’re going to end up pulling a few big names out the bag but like i said if Goldson is our marquee signing you can forget it

We’ve signed McGregor, Arfield, Murphy and looks like we’ll be getting Goldson.

Only under 23 is Ejaria, one out of five is hardly much.

I get that some of the names is underwhelming but I’d wait and see who actually gets signed before getting too worried about who we’re linked too.

4 minutes ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

Why the fuck didn't we sign Giuseppe Rossi last year when he was available for free?

He’s forever injured with a knee made out of crisps.

Just now, Smell the hotdog said:

He’s forever injured with a knee made out of crisps.

He is far superior to the likes of Sadiq. 

2 minutes ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

He is far superior to the likes of Sadiq. 

When he's fit of course but it's a massive gamble to bring someone like Rossi in who would be on big wages with that kind of injury record.

2 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

When he's fit of course but it's a massive gamble to bring someone like Rossi in who would be on big wages with that kind of injury record.

He went to Genoa and played 7 games out of a possible 12. That is a really good return games wise though he only scored once.

10 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

We’ve signed McGregor, Arfield, Murphy and looks like we’ll be getting Goldson.

Only under 23 is Ejaria, one out of five is hardly much.

I get that some of the names is underwhelming but I’d wait and see who actually gets signed before getting too worried about who we’re linked too.

Murphy really doesn’t count does it? Brighton said it was practically a permanent deal it was just getting signed off in the summer. 

McGregor and Arfield, IMO are Allens signings with Gerrards approval. 

We’re getting linked now with more kids from Liverpool and other kids across Europe. I honestly don’t mind signing players like Katic, a young CB with serious potential by all accounts but we really need to supplement that with marquee signings. 

I know there’s plenty of time left and I’m hoping that we’ll get the bigger names in after the world cup but the way things are going is concerning for me and I just get the feeling of deja vu unfortunately. 

Even though we do need strikers I'd rather Gerrard would just buy his own dont want to see half a team of loan players. If this rumour is true and Gerrard does get Solanke on loan also means our first choice strike force are loans. Can't rely on too many loans 

Is SG following the pattern of others by underestimating Scottish football if he is we all know how that ends

10 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

OP is a pish stained rancid tramp. 

Right you ya smelly bastard, oot!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

He went to Genoa and played 7 games out of a possible 12. That is a really good return games wise though he only scored once.

Made his debut for Genoa in December and played 7 games, too much of a gamble for me.

I agree it's the kind of standard we need to be aiming at though.

16 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Murphy really doesn’t count does it? Brighton said it was practically a permanent deal it was just getting signed off in the summer. 

McGregor and Arfield, IMO are Allens signings with Gerrards approval. 

We’re getting linked now with more kids from Liverpool and other kids across Europe. I honestly don’t mind signing players like Katic, a young CB with serious potential by all accounts but we really need to supplement that with marquee signings. 

I know there’s plenty of time left and I’m hoping that we’ll get the bigger names in after the world cup but the way things are going is concerning for me and I just get the feeling of deja vu unfortunately. 

OK, one out of four regardless it's hardly loads.

Point to consider is SG has only managed at youth level therefore majority players he will know are at that level. I think the media are throwing out anything and hoping something will stick.

Understand where you are coming from we've not had a good transfer window in about 7 years but it's still pretty early doors.

10 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

That’s a bit harsh. He looks like had had pace and strength, finishing isn’t fantastic but remember the days of Kyle, Beattie,  Sandaza, Gayle, Ostenstad, Jeffers.

How can you say that about gayle when he never even played 😂

7 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Made his debut for Genoa in December and played 7 games, too much of a gamble for me.

I agree it's the kind of standard we need to be aiming at though.

He only missed 5 games but I agree to an extent the hammer throwers here would have a field day with Rossi. 

19 minutes ago, broomloanjamie said:

How can you say that about gayle when he never even played 😂

Get your facts correct mate. Made 3 or 4 appearances, no goals but 100% quality.

2 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Get your facts correct mate. Made 3 or 4 appearances, no goals but 100% quality.

Fair enough I can never mind him getting a game. I thought he fucked off withing about a week or something.