44 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I know there’s plenty of time left and I’m hoping that we’ll get the bigger names in after the world cup but the way things are going is concerning for me and I just get the feeling of deja vu unfortunately. 

Tbh I couldn't care less about whether they're bigger names or not, Krancjar, Barton, Senderos, Alves are all proof that name and experience mean very little if they don't have application or ability.

This Katic deal has been going on for 3 weeks seemingly and none of us had the first clue, including the media - there will be more activity happening in the background, a little more patience required. 

• Like 4

I don’t know if this guy is the answer or not but we badly need a player of real quality to lead the line. I like Morelos and I would like us to sign Cummings but I see both of them as good “supporting acts” to a better striker rather than guys who you would want to be leading the line or relying on in a big game.

• Like 2

I found myself watching old videos of Walter’s 2nd spell on YouTube at weekend and the it’s frightening the difference in quality we had  in the final 3rd. At the time I mind thinking half these players were shite as well. Darchveille, Cousin, Miller, Boyd, Novo, Jelavic, Weiss, Lafferty etc. All  of them light years away from Cummings or Alfredo. 

• Like 1

I just hope we've cut down on the leaks once and for all, and are going about our business quietly with targets of the needed standard (entirely possible with that rancid cunt Miller out the door.) Otherwise another utterly disastrous season seems to be brewing. 

Heard he's explosive on the ball :whistle:

• Like 1

Was linked to Arsenal for 16million a while back

Who is Sadiq?

He is a 21-year-old striker on the books of Roma in Serie A. Born in Nigeria, Sadiq left Africa in 2014 to sign for Spezia in Serie B after emerging as a forward with real talent on the continent. Growing up in Kaduna, the state capital in the north west of the country, Sadiq joined the Future of Africa Academy where he was spotted by the Italian side. In an interview in 2016, he revealed his love of football was inherited from his father.

"My interest in the game increased as I grew up. My father Umar Abubakar, known as ‘Mega’, was a footballer. He was a striker for Ranchers Bees back then. He was a major influence in making me choose football as a career,” Sadiq said.

It couldn’t have taken long for Sadiq to settle in Italy, despite later admitting he found it difficult. “It was tough because it was my first time in Europe. It wasn't easy as I had to adapt to a lot of things that I wasn't used to, both in terms of the playing part and the life in general, but gradually I started getting used to it. I really thank God that I can now say I’ve settled in nicely.”

He certainly did. In his first season at Spezia, the Nigerian scored 14 goals in his opening 18 appearances. Enough, indeed, to win a season-long loan move to Italian giants Roma in 2015. During that campaign, he scored 14 times in the Primavera, which is the youth league that comprises Serie A and B sides.

Sadiq is technically astute and at nearly 6ft 4in, is an imposing figure. Playing in Italy has helped him develop his awareness, as the player admitted himself. "I can say my game has improved both physically and technically. I can say I'm more aware of my role now as a striker more than ever and you are aware that Italian football is very tactical. Defensively they are tight which makes it difficult for any striker.”

As well as his father, Sadiq is inspired by legendary Nigeria, Arsenal and Internazionale striker Nwanko Kanu. He has been likened in style and frame to the forward who could do things with the ball of which others could only dream. Before joining Roma, Sadiq told Supersport: “I feel honoured to be compared to such a legend and a great African football ambassador who also at one time in his career played in Italy. I hope and pray to work hard and achieve as much as he did. I loved watching him play when I was a kid and every day I work hard on my game to be the best. He is my role model. I’ll work hard and make sure I achieve my goals of being the best."

Sadiq made his full Serie A debut for Roma in November 2015 against Bologna after coming on as a substitute. He also scored two goals for the Giallorossi’s first team in Serie A. Sadiq impressed enough to win a permanent contract the following summer. Sadiq was sent straight out on loan to Bologna for a season, before doing the same with Torino in the following campaign.

He struggled a little for game time at both Italian clubs but it was in the season just passed when he really started to find his feet. Sadiq was sent out on a third loan spell – this time in Holland with NAC Breda. With a games-to-goal ratio of nearly 2:1, the 21-year-old hit the back of the net five times in 12 appearances during his six months in the Netherlands. Sadiq’s contract is reported to be up at the end of June, although it’s believed there’s an option for another year.

15 hours ago, tannerall said:

The Sun ?

Not really, just a few  pics of glamour girls. TV schedule , racing schedule, advertising,  lots of photos with over exaggerated headlines, rumours about celebrities and sports news tosh with terribly punned headlines and questionable opinions on sporting matters, and  topical targeted incorrectstories  on selected individual England World Cup players with tattoos.

you forgot the best bit .dear Deirdre .

4 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Sounds like a hate preacher.

1 hour ago, MrMckee said:

Heard he's explosive on the ball :whistle:

My god, the boy isn’t even in the door and our own fans are propagating idiotic stereotypes. I despair.

Back to the football, and he would absolutely terrorise defences in Scotland.

:lol:

Sorry, couldn’t resist....

Sounds a promising player.

• Like 2

Bet he's a blast in the changing rooms :lol:

• Like 2

Sadiq told Owngoalnigeria.com when asked about reported Rangers’ interest:

“Few players of my age will say no to working with Gerrard."

"Rangers are also a traditional team but for the moment I’m happy at Roma and hope to be a part of the team next season. For now that is my plan, maybe in the future I will get to work with Gerrard.”

Going on the above quotes he's not overly keen.

I was thinking about him more today and would have taken him only as a freebie or loan to give us another option upfront rather than our main man which I think would have been very underwhelming. 

But I don't want us getting too many guys like him and that Liverpool one that's coming on loan and get bogged down with those types - a couple are OK to boost squad numbers when the likes of Halliday vacates (the Liverpool kid) and the outgoing Kenny Miller (this lad here) but wee still need a lot of starting XI quality to be added all over.

22 minutes ago, TMB said:

Sadiq told Owngoalnigeria.com when asked about reported Rangers’ interest:

“Few players of my age will say no to working with Gerrard."

"Rangers are also a traditional team but for the moment I’m happy at Roma and hope to be a part of the team next season. For now that is my plan, maybe in the future I will get to work with Gerrard.”

What age is that exactly? Taking 21 with a pinch of salt...

3 minutes ago, Amato said:

What age is that exactly? Taking 21 with a pinch of salt...

He'll be an African 21. They're usually about 18 when they play for U15s in the UK. Lost birth certificates and the like.

12 games, 5 goals, 3 assist for Breda who finished 3rd or 4th bottom of Eredivise isn't a bad record

23 hours ago, TMB said:

Who is Sadiq?

He is a 21-year-old striker on the books of Roma in Serie A. Born in Nigeria, Sadiq left Africa in 2014 to sign for Spezia in Serie B after emerging as a forward with real talent on the continent. Growing up in Kaduna, the state capital in the north west of the country, Sadiq joined the Future of Africa Academy where he was spotted by the Italian side. In an interview in 2016, he revealed his love of football was inherited from his father.

"My interest in the game increased as I grew up. My father Umar Abubakar, known as ‘Mega’, was a footballer. He was a striker for Ranchers Bees back then. He was a major influence in making me choose football as a career,” Sadiq said.

It couldn’t have taken long for Sadiq to settle in Italy, despite later admitting he found it difficult. “It was tough because it was my first time in Europe. It wasn't easy as I had to adapt to a lot of things that I wasn't used to, both in terms of the playing part and the life in general, but gradually I started getting used to it. I really thank God that I can now say I’ve settled in nicely.”

He certainly did. In his first season at Spezia, the Nigerian scored 14 goals in his opening 18 appearances. Enough, indeed, to win a season-long loan move to Italian giants Roma in 2015. During that campaign, he scored 14 times in the Primavera, which is the youth league that comprises Serie A and B sides.

Sadiq is technically astute and at nearly 6ft 4in, is an imposing figure. Playing in Italy has helped him develop his awareness, as the player admitted himself. "I can say my game has improved both physically and technically. I can say I'm more aware of my role now as a striker more than ever and you are aware that Italian football is very tactical. Defensively they are tight which makes it difficult for any striker.”

As well as his father, Sadiq is inspired by legendary Nigeria, Arsenal and Internazionale striker Nwanko Kanu. He has been likened in style and frame to the forward who could do things with the ball of which others could only dream. Before joining Roma, Sadiq told Supersport: “I feel honoured to be compared to such a legend and a great African football ambassador who also at one time in his career played in Italy. I hope and pray to work hard and achieve as much as he did. I loved watching him play when I was a kid and every day I work hard on my game to be the best. He is my role model. I’ll work hard and make sure I achieve my goals of being the best."

Sadiq made his full Serie A debut for Roma in November 2015 against Bologna after coming on as a substitute. He also scored two goals for the Giallorossi’s first team in Serie A. Sadiq impressed enough to win a permanent contract the following summer. Sadiq was sent straight out on loan to Bologna for a season, before doing the same with Torino in the following campaign.

He struggled a little for game time at both Italian clubs but it was in the season just passed when he really started to find his feet. Sadiq was sent out on a third loan spell – this time in Holland with NAC Breda. With a games-to-goal ratio of nearly 2:1, the 21-year-old hit the back of the net five times in 12 appearances during his six months in the Netherlands. Sadiq’s contract is reported to be up at the end of June, although it’s believed there’s an option for another year.

Good to see his dads a Ranchers man

• Like 1

Rudi Garcia reckons Umar Sadiq would be perfect signing for Rangers

THE man who gave Umar Sadiq his Serie A debut reckons the Roma striker and Rangers would be a marriage made in heaven.

Steven Gerrard wants to bring the 21-year-old Nigerian to Ibrox on loan to act as the spearhead of his new-look side, and has been given some encouragement from the player himself.

While making the point he was happy at Roma, Sadiq also admitted few players of his age will say no to the new Light Blues boss.

Rudi Garcia, who persuaded the Italian club to pay £2m for Sadiq three years ago, and is now manager of Marseille, sees it as being a potentially very exciting tie-up.

“I had my Roma sports director, Walter Sabatini, to thank for spotting Umar in a game against Spezia,” said Garcia.

“He was only 18, and wasn’t really strong enough then. But he was very tall (6ft 3in), and had a real nose for goal.

“So, although we still had work to do both from a technical and tactical point of view, I felt he was already up to Serie A standard, and gave him his debut against Bologna.

“He repaid my confidence with a couple of goals, and we moved to sign him (for £2m).

“Since then, he has gone out on loan to NAC Breda in Holland and developed as a player, getting stronger all the time.

“Now he is linked with Rangers, and I think it would be a great move for both parties.

“Umar would have much to offer them, but he would also benefit greatly because this is a club with a great tradition and a truly exceptional support.

“I took Marseille to Ibrox for a match last season, and I was very impressed by them.

“It was if they felt they were attending a Champions League tie, not a friendly game.

“Scottish football is certainly very physical, so Sadiq would need to learn how to deal with that aspect of the game.

“But I wouldn’t see that being a problem as he is a good learner, who always listens very carefully to what his coaches tell him.

“All in all, I think it would be a great opportunity for him.

“Rangers are one of the top clubs in the UK, and they are in the Europa League this season, which is a platform for all players.

“If Umar goes to Scotland and does well, he will have the potential to grow into an international player.

“I would love to see that. I’d also love to see Steven Gerrard do well.

“He was a fantastic player and I wish him every success as a manager.”

From The Sunday Post article. Quite interesting 🤔

1 minute ago, Orange and Blue said:

Rudi Garcia reckons Umar Sadiq would be perfect signing for Rangers

THE man who gave Umar Sadiq his Serie A debut reckons the Roma striker and Rangers would be a marriage made in heaven.

Steven Gerrard wants to bring the 21-year-old Nigerian to Ibrox on loan to act as the spearhead of his new-look side, and has been given some encouragement from the player himself.

While making the point he was happy at Roma, Sadiq also admitted few players of his age will say no to the new Light Blues boss.

Rudi Garcia, who persuaded the Italian club to pay £2m for Sadiq three years ago, and is now manager of Marseille, sees it as being a potentially very exciting tie-up.

“I had my Roma sports director, Walter Sabatini, to thank for spotting Umar in a game against Spezia,” said Garcia.

“He was only 18, and wasn’t really strong enough then. But he was very tall (6ft 3in), and had a real nose for goal.

“So, although we still had work to do both from a technical and tactical point of view, I felt he was already up to Serie A standard, and gave him his debut against Bologna.

“He repaid my confidence with a couple of goals, and we moved to sign him (for £2m).

“Since then, he has gone out on loan to NAC Breda in Holland and developed as a player, getting stronger all the time.

“Now he is linked with Rangers, and I think it would be a great move for both parties.

“Umar would have much to offer them, but he would also benefit greatly because this is a club with a great tradition and a truly exceptional support.

“I took Marseille to Ibrox for a match last season, and I was very impressed by them.

“It was if they felt they were attending a Champions League tie, not a friendly game.

“Scottish football is certainly very physical, so Sadiq would need to learn how to deal with that aspect of the game.

“But I wouldn’t see that being a problem as he is a good learner, who always listens very carefully to what his coaches tell him.

“All in all, I think it would be a great opportunity for him.

“Rangers are one of the top clubs in the UK, and they are in the Europa League this season, which is a platform for all players.

“If Umar goes to Scotland and does well, he will have the potential to grow into an international player.

“I would love to see that. I’d also love to see Steven Gerrard do well.

“He was a fantastic player and I wish him every success as a manager.”

From The Sunday Post article. Quite interesting 🤔

If he’s so fucking good sign him for Marseille then 

• Like 4

I would take him so long as we are signing him in addition to a more proven striker.

Rather him than berahino

2 hours ago, K.A.I said:

If he’s so fucking good sign him for Marseille then 

Was thinking that as soon as read it 

Closing in on deal according to STV. 

Raman just released an article saying we are in talks with him now

: Just noticed because of how long it took to send it's been said already now😂