Wissam Ben Yedder - France Reserves
Simon Kjaer - Denmark
Gabriel Mercado - Argentina
Ever Banega - Argentina
Guido Pizarro - Argentina
Luis Fernando Muriel - Columbia
Miguel Layun - Mexico

Layun?

That not the cunt people on here linked us with last year???

Left back for Porto or something at the time.

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Carousel loyal said:

Okay might be a little bit optimistic but hope these dates will be relevant as well. 

August
2 August: Second qualifying round, second leg
6 August: Play-off round draw, Nyon
9 August: Third qualifying round, first leg
16 August: Third qualifying round, second leg
23 August: Play-off round, first leg
30 August: Play-off round, second leg
31 August: Group stage draw, Monaco

September
20 September: Group stage, matchday one

October
4 October: Group stage, matchday two
25 October: Group stage, matchday three

November
8 November: Group stage, matchday four
29 November: Group stage, matchday five

December
13 December: Group stage, matchday six

So how many game's do we need to play to get to the group stages? Is it six ties altogether or eight? I can't work it out fuck sake. 

4 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

So how many game's do we need to play to get to the group stages? Is it six ties altogether or eight? I can't work it out fuck sake. 

4 ties. So 8 games 

1 hour ago, superallysbears said:

Best will in the world but I can't see us getting to the groups I hope I'm wrong. 

I am confident, smash all 4 ties in first legs and put out B team in the second legs. 

Also top the league by 6 points at the start of the group stages

NO SURRENDER 

1 hour ago, superallysbears said:

Best will in the world but I can't see us getting to the groups I hope I'm wrong. 

That maybe, but it maybe all down to the manner of defeat that will be telling for the season ahead.

We carry many players over from last season who have played under several managers and failed and if they cannot be inspired under someone like Gerrard, then they just haven't got it. This is their last chance. At least we will know before the league fixtures start for Gerrard to make any adjustments.

3 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

I didn’t say it did mate.

I think it would be a fantastic experience going there, if we actually performed and knocked them out as we should be. 

Dundalk away would be everything that people would expect us going to the Republic of Ireland would be

Giving my age away here but I was in  Dundalk in 1968 when we played them.

Remember standing behind the Rangers goal talking to our keeper (Norrie Martin?).

Things are still a little hazy!!

8 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

This is going to sound mad but with the world cup if we got Sevilla in the second qualifying round we'd probably have half a chance. After that not a fucking hope In hell :lol:

actually agree with this and am I right in saying we would then be seeded for the next round if we knocked out a seeded team?

2 minutes ago, moody blue 1972 said:

actually agree with this and am I right in saying we would then be seeded for the next round if we knocked out a seeded team?

I'm unsure on that tbh

This thread making  feel I need a crash course in advanced Mathematics to understand and decide which teams would be best to get in the various rounds.

I think I'll just leave it to the luck of the draw.

These cunts wont know whats hit them when Gerrard and his backroom boys grab them all by the scruff of the neck and work them like fucking Egyptians. Even if they are not good enough then 100% effort and dedication to their craft will be the minimum requirement, regardless who we face. 

Archived