Europa league 1st qualifier draw

lewisrfc93

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, showtime69 said:

i think the winner of our first tie will be seeded in the second round so we should avoid the bigger names

i think

edit: scrap that im talking shite

No but I think it is for the round after that as the draw is made before the ties are done.

On 11/06/2018 at 11:59, Carousel loyal said:

The draw is on the 20th for the 1st and 2nd qualifiers. The draw on the 19th i believe is for teams that fail in championsleague 1st qualifies 

Yeh that’s what UEFA are saying couldn’t understand everyone getting exited about the 19th when it’s the 20th

On 11/06/2018 at 11:59, Carousel loyal said:

The draw is on the 20th for the 1st and 2nd qualifiers. The draw on the 19th i believe is for teams that fail in championsleague 1st qualifies 

How can their be a draw for.teams that fail in the champions league first qualifiers when there hasn't been a game played?

That makes no sense 

30 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

“Loser of Tie 8” vs Rangers

Here's the formula for the entries from the Champion's League, UEFA must employ a hell of a  lot of people to come up with an administrate this stuff. 

Second qualifying round: 20 teams eliminated in UEFA Champions League preliminary round and first qualifying round

Third qualifying round: ten teams eliminated in UEFA Champions League second qualifying round plus ten winners from UEFA Europa League champions path second qualifying round

Play-offs: six teams eliminated in UEFA Champions League third  qualifying round plus ten winners from UEFA Europa League champions path third qualifying round

Here's the whole thing if you've got a lot of time to waste, just wow. 

https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/newsid=2499801.html

3 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

How can their be a draw for.teams that fail in the champions league first qualifiers when there hasn't been a game played?

That makes no sense 

I agree but it does work. Why make things simple when you can over complicate it.

This thread would only be a one pager if it was simple. So probably a good thing as if we didn't have this we spend most of our time reading about how people don't like the new smart card design and why Ally is a good pundit.

On 14 June 2018 at 14:45, K.A.I said:

I wouldn't know about that as I'm saving myself for my wedding night but it's a quality place done it twice once when Rangers played and the second time we played Maribor we flew into it from Edinbrugh as the flights were about £75 and drove to Maribor.

It's a cheap place too. Hardly spent a penny.

Might be different now a few years later as everywhere seems to creep up price-wise eventually but in 2011'ish I remember it being 10 euros for 2 pints and a pizza in probably the most upmarket restaruant in the city center and about 1.50 euros a pint in the more respectable pubs 

Pubs in the centre ( old town) charge between 1.80 and 2.50 a pint. Old town here is nice but outside of it there is fuck all to do, been here four years now.  New British pub here now ..the Red Lion and its 1.80 for the local beer. Rangers scarf is on the wall. If you catch the happy hour then it's 1 euro a beer for a few hours. I know the owner and he told me some taigs were in last weekend complaining that there was a Rangers scarf on the wall but no green and grey one. Pub is right in the middle of the old town.  Never say thank you when you pay the bill btw, as it basically means keep the change to the bars and restaurants in the old city ( red lion excluded) Few bears about here, but never met an ex-pat taig.. Theres a proper Irish bar nearby, the owner is a top bloke from Ireland and he takes the piss out of the plastics. It's a good place for cheap beer, too.

On 11/06/2018 at 14:39, Captain Hilts said:

Aye who gives a fuck about generating more money and attracting better players. 

That doesn’t make sense mate.

if we stop 10 in a row then we are champions.

That means a stab at trying to qualify for the group stages of the Champs league and bigger games against better known opposition in the qualifiers.

Surely both  the above are more likely to entice players and generate more income?

On 11/06/2018 at 09:50, Carousel loyal said:

Second round

Sevilla

Besiktas

Sparta Prague

FC Copenhagen*

FCSB

Genk

AZ

Maribor*

Maccabi Tel-Aviv*

RB Leipzig

Partizan Belgrade*

Burnley

Atalanta

Molde*

Bordeaux

Ufa

Apollon Limassol*

Rio Ave

Asteras Tripolis

Mariupol

Dinamo Minsk*

Hajduk Split

Lech Poznan*

LASK Linz

Admira Wacker

St Gallen

Vitesse

Atromitos

Zalgiris Vilnius*

Hafnarfjardar*

Dundalk*

Gabala*

Osijek*

Nordsjaelland*

Vardar Skopje*

Trencin*

Slovan Bratislava*
*Based on first-round qualification

2 hours ago, PRW. said:

Is there a list of teams that enter at round 2? 

Read Sevilla & Burnley do? Surely no

Archived