Europa league 1st qualifier draw

lewisrfc93

That’s a tougher list for us unfortunately, Siroki Brijeg are hard to beat and gave Aberdeen a difficult tie last year. Dunajská Streda could be dangerous because the Slovak league isn’t a bad division and occasionally provides an Artmedia Bratislava or Zillina type side getting to groups. 

Shkupi and Stumbras are both newcomers and have never played in Europe before but Macedonia and Lithuania are awkward places to play and always leave stodgy away legs (especially when Lithuania is half way through their season).

Progres looks the best option but I was personally hoping for a side from San Marino or Gibraltar like Hibs can play to give us a couple of glorified friendly matches to get us up to speed.

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, JentleJames said:

That’s a tougher list for us unfortunately, Siroki Brijeg are hard to beat and gave Aberdeen a difficult tie last year. Dunajská Streda could be dangerous because the Slovak league isn’t a bad division and occasionally provides an Artmedia Bratislava or Zillina type side getting to groups. 

Shkupi and Stumbras are both newcomers and have never played in Europe before but Macedonia and Lithuania are awkward places to play and always leave stodgy away legs (especially when Lithuania is half way through their season).

Progres looks the best option but I was personally hoping for a side from San Marino or Gibraltar like Hibs can play to give us a couple of glorified friendly matches to get us up to speed.

:lol: 

1 minute ago, pollok-bear said:

See as we are seeded are we gonna be home 1st? I have sorted both dates out with holidays in work anyway but im syre someone told me we will be home 1st.

It’s random who’s drawn home or away first, seeding only makes a difference for the order in the knockout stage after Christmas.

4 minutes ago, pollok-bear said:

See as we are seeded are we gonna be home 1st? I have sorted both dates out with holidays in work anyway but im syre someone told me we will be home 1st.

A think they pull a seeded and unseeded ball and put it in a hat then the first team out is at home if that makes sense. 

Anyone else been planning potential destinations and prices ? 

1 minute ago, RFC RYAN said:

A think they pull a seeded and unseeded ball and put it in a hat then the first team out is at home if that makes sense. 

Anyone else been planning potential destinations and prices ? 

Looked at Bosnia. 600 quid from.glasgow for 3 days if it's 12th of july

18 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Looked at Bosnia. 600 quid from.glasgow for 3 days if it's 12th of july

Got it cheaper not going to Bosnia direct mate a lot of messing around but it’s about £450 cheaper than that. Me and my mate are are struggling if it’s that date hoping for the next week. Sorry that’s not including accomadation. 

5 minutes ago, RFC RYAN said:

Got it cheaper not going to Bosnia direct mate a lot of messing around but it’s about £450 cheaper than that. Me and my mate are are struggling if it’s that date hoping for the next week. Sorry that’s not including accomadation. 

What's the route like mate?

12 minutes ago, RFC RYAN said:

That's better :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

What's the route like mate?

Glasgow to split on the Wednesday and back from split to Manchester on the Friday seems a pain to get back to split for the return flight on the Friday right enough split is about 3 hours by car. Most of them seem a nightmare tbh there and Skopje. Progres seems easy just going to look at the others. 

2 minutes ago, Goosetav said:

That's better :lol: 

Lot of fucking about just jumped the gun looking at it :lol: 

texting my mate all the prices and tell him if we get the team from Skopje we can fly to Belgrade and get a 10hr train to Skopje :lol: 

Just now, RFC RYAN said:

Lot of fucking about just jumped the gun looking at it :lol: 

texting my mate all the prices and tell him if we get the team from Skopje we can fly to Belgrade and get a 10hr train to Skopje :lol: 

That sounds good in theory until you get thrown off the train  7 hours in for being oot yer nut and abusing fellow passengers

3 minutes ago, Goosetav said:

That sounds good in theory until you get thrown off the train  7 hours in for being oot yer nut and abusing fellow passengers

?? 

The Slovakian team don’t look that bad tbh  seem to be about 50 minutes from Bratislava and about an hour and a half from Budapest and Vienna (opposite directions) 

18 minutes ago, Goosetav said:

Last time I got kicked off a train about a year ago .. me and my mate went to Germany for 4-days and done x3 games - Leipzig vs somecunt, Wolfsburg vs Duisberg or Freiberg and Union Berlin vs someone and a stadium tour of Hertha Berlin's stadium ... the Leipzig game was shite, we were really bored and hated the city too so decides to get a train back about an hour before the one we had booked ... my mate had a black eye so we tried to use that to our advantage when the ticket man came and said a Leipzig fan assaulted him and Police told us to get on this service ..

He had none of it but we said we weren't getting off at next stop as it was middle of nowhere we'd be fucked ... he wanted something mental like 100 euros off each of us for a new ticket ... said the Police would deal with us and we said fine .... we pulled into this wee ghost town station about half an hour later and the train was a complete halt and they made an announcement train wasn't going to leave the station until we got off so it wasn't fair on other passengers at this point so we just said fuck it we'll get off .... the ticket guy pointed to a wee train parked on a platform and said get that one back to Berlin it's a slower, economy one but I've spoke to staff on it and they said it's OK for you's ... didn't believe him just thought he wanted us to get to fuck ... so we reluctantly got on it ... result - that one got us back to hotel half an hour quicker than the express one because it stopped at most stops and one of them was the stop right next to our hotel about 4 or 5 stops after it set off ... joke was was well and truely on them ... UK beats Germany once again 

Archived