62,000 ST applicants

KingKirk

22 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Crock of shite

The bigger clubs in England have genuine waiting lists that don’t open for thousands of new holders every year.

Correct.  The figures shown are the numbers of season tickets that clubs issue.  Liverpool for instance have a closed waiting list of 25000 and issue a few hundred new season tickets each season.   That is not to say that with us selling 49000 season tickets we don’t now have  a similar situation where those who want a season ticket next year should be in a genuine queue.  

45 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I've always said to my English mates that Rangers would be a bigger club than Chelsea and Arsenal in time if they played in the same league. Maybe not the Manchesters or Liverpool. Could you imagine our Asian exposure ? They dismiss my argument with arrogance. The June applicants prove this.

Rangers, and the Tarriers, are both bigger than the Rentboys and Arsenal

3 hours ago, K.A.I said:

I'd be surprised if the Chelsea numbers are correct to be honest they've a waiting list for season tickers I sure 

Need to rack up some amount of member points before you can apply for a season ticket that's why it's quite low 

Why do people need to make this nonsense up? Manchester United have around 75000 on their waiting list and its an estimated 20 year wait to get your hands on a season ticket. 

I would be surprised if Liverpool weren't the same and the big London clubs at the very least. Like a few other big clubs Rangers issue is with capacity not lack of uptake. I'm sure if we had a bigger capacity there would be even more applicants. Maybe the club should do what a number of clubs do and make some money out of this by operating a membership/waiting list scheme. 

Those numbers could be very misleading. The difference between us and the unwashed is a mere 6,000 applicants. Once you take away the manks that have applied for season tickets to Ibrox because of their obsession with us, undercover police who are placed to ensure we don't sing bad songs,  banned journalists and the odd handwringer like BP9 we would be neck in neck.

Ours would of course be the clean necks. 

1 hour ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Those numbers could be very misleading. The difference between us and the unwashed is a mere 6,000 applicants. Once you take away the manks that have applied for season tickets to Ibrox because of their obsession with us, undercover police who are placed to ensure we don't sing bad songs,  banned journalists and the odd handwringer like BP9 we would be neck in neck.

Ours would of course be the clean necks. 

Undercover cops ? 

10 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

No it’s not.

Its because they wouldn’t want a successful Scottish side in England and they don’t want the bigotry that comes along with our clubs. 

If they don't want the bigotry (which is the wrong word) then don't allow the ira loving, kiddy fiddling, savillites in to any league.

The word bigot as has been explained countless times means : to hold deeply felt personal beliefs which are unshakeable. The word has been misused by the rhepublicans in the mhedia for decades and only directed at us to make us look bad. 

On 11/06/2018 at 22:31, .Williamson. said:

No it’s not.

Its because they wouldn’t want a successful Scottish side in England and they don’t want the bigotry that comes along with our clubs. 

It is certainly a part of it.

Look in England and a team like Man City for example. Small fry team, always have been.......fast forward a few years and billionaire Arab owners and new fake supporters spending money on them.

If we were in England we would also attract a whole host of "new" supporters without a doubt. That's why they would never want us in their league.

Even now playing in a shite league we have far more UK based supporters than the majority of their teams.

Rangers have a massive support that is untapped particularly in recent years.   Probably top three in the UK with Man U and Liverpool.   The challenge is getting there with the small matter of putting timothy in his place the first step in that journey.

11 minutes ago, Camshy said:

Look in England and a team like Man City for example. Small fry team, always have been.......fast forward a few years and billionaire Arab owners and new fake supporters spending money on them.

If we were in England we would also attract a whole host of "new" supporters without a doubt. That's why they would never want us in their league.

Even now playing in a shite league we have far more UK based supporters than the majority of their teams.

Most people want Rangers in the EPL or a UKPL.  The bheast from the east could join the League of Ireland, everybody happy.

5 hours ago, Camshy said:

Don’t agree.

Clubs with bigger supports only makes them more money 

2 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Don’t agree.

Clubs with bigger supports only makes them more money 

No chance. So you are telling me Brighton, Burnley, Huddersfield even Man City have a bigger support than us......no chance 

3 minutes ago, Camshy said:

No chance. So you are telling me Brighton, Burnley, Huddersfield even Man City have a bigger support than us......no chance 

City are a bigger club than you give them credit for and have been over the years. They went through some turmoil but have always had a decent number of fans across the UK. I've never worked anywhere in England without knowing at least 1 City fan.

7 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

City are a bigger club than you give them credit for and have been over the years. They went through some turmoil but have always had a decent number of fans across the UK. I've never worked anywhere in England without knowing at least 1 City fan.

Exactly this.

City were never a 'small fry' team.

Ok they have gained lots of new supporters but it's not like they were the size of Nuneaton Town before the takeover.

1 minute ago, plumbGER said:

Exactly this.

City were never a 'small fry' team.

Ok they have gained lots of new supporters but it's not like they were the size of Nuneaton Town before the takeover.

I think a lot only see their struggles in the 80s and 90s and think that was always the way with City.

Being compared with their neighbours hasn't helped that perception. Until the Busby years they were, generally, the big club in Manchester.

11 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

I think a lot only see their struggles in the 80s and 90s and think that was always the way with City.

Being compared with their neighbours hasn't helped that perception. Until the Busby years they were, generally, the big club in Manchester.

I've always been of the opinion that they are the big club in Manchester ie most supported.

There are a few boys from my home town who hold season tickets, i myself used to visit on occasion.

They hold the record for an English league home game at 84.5k so most certainly cannot be regarded as small fry.

12 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

I've always been of the opinion that they are the big club in Manchester ie most supported.

There are a few boys from my home town who hold season tickets, i myself used to visit on occasion.

They hold the record for an English league home game at 84.5k so most certainly cannot be regarded as small fry.

They aren't the most supported in Manchester these days. I've worked there and it was more United than City, they certainly were up to the 1950s but that changed, although they still try and convince they are the most supported. Its like Glasgow, different parts are associated with each club, although not the same hatred (thats reserved for the Scousers:happy:).