Honest Mistakes

KingKirk

6 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

... and therein lies the paranoia! That’s the essence of your post - no matter what anyone says you ‘bekieve’ The majority of incorrrect decisions went against us - no debate is going to chance your perception but perception and it being true are two different things 

On the contrary. If you can present data to refute my perception then I am happy to change it 

1 hour ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

You keep going on about conspiracy. What is it about th at and paranoia that makes you keep chirping on about them when those aren't actually being rammed down your throat?

Are you suggesting we've NOT had the majority of decisions go against us? Confirm yes or no would be great.

See above. Also, we've had players on the worse end of tackles unpunished than ours have committed (on Cardoso, Jack, Rossiter compared to by Pena ). I'm happy to look at them all and see which is worst, imo Allen's.

Penalties? We've got away with a pen v hivs, maybe more you can think of, but in no way were they stronger shouts than Morelos getting his feet headered and booked for diving, or his pen that never was v the sheep.

So overall in terms of red cards issues, rescinded, penalty issues, our players booked for being fouled, serious foul play incidents, refs booking for violent conduct, injuries received from unpunished fouls, .... comprehensive.

See how easy it is to compile lists. 

Now are you going to do one to counter all that or are you going to come out with proving God exists as an argument for failing to do so? ?

And I'm not even discussing why I believe it to be so. Just that this season it is so.

Have the ‘majority’ of incorrect decisions gone against us?  No! 

Do you come across as  paranoid? Yes! 

It really is that simple. 

A good few years ago on this forum we had this debate about referees - when we were at the top - and the next season someone started a thread on - our paranoia is not new, I can’t find the thread - might make a fun read! :pipe: 

2 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

1. Have the ‘majority’ of incorrect decisions gone against us?  No! 

2. Do you come across as  paranoid? Yes! 

3. It really is that simple. 

1. Prove it

2. Paranoid based on rational assessment of incidents im repeatedly justifying but that you repeatedly fail to counter. Aye right ???

3. You really are that simple ?

3 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

A good few years ago on this forum we had this debate about referees - when we were at the top - and the next season someone started a thread on - our paranoia is not new, I can’t find the thread - might make a fun read! :pipe: 

At least produce that then seeing as you're not doing so for incidents this season...

3 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

1. Prove it

2. Paranoid based on rational assessment of incidents im repeatedly justifying but that you repeatedly fail to counter. Aye right ???

3. You really are that simple ?

I lone that God argument you’ve resorted to! 

20 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

That’s the ‘god’ argument - again! 

Is not even close to a God argument. This is a straw man. 

Its impossible to prove the God exists because that requires faith. 

However it is possible to provide evidence that we were on the end of beneficial decisions as often as we were on the end of detrimental decisions. 

It is simple data based analysis. 

I have watched games and based on my witnessing of the data in real time, I conclude that more decisions went against us. 

However I am willing to concede that my perception based on real time decisions over the course of the season may be wrong. I would just like to see the counter argument based on incidents that I may have overlooked in real time. A factual based rebuttal other than “nah your para” 

The guys that are trying to keep their heads firmly in the sand when it comes to the obvious bias with referees all seemingly agree that they really are a group of pathetic useless bastards.

What they wont be able to answer then is why the fenian/Scottish media are not reporting on them being pathetic useless bastards. The answer is quite simple, they are what the fenian press and fenian Scottish football authorities know as a group of useful idiots because the decisions they make are for the detriment of one team.

28 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

A good few years ago things were different. And not just we were on top. 

I agree that to consider that there is a grand conspiracy, orchestrated by nefarious characters who all get together (in a lodge)  at the start of the season and decide they are going to keep down one team through refereeing decisions is paranoid. 

That is not what I am suggesting. I can’t speak for others.

i am saying that referees give the vast majority of difficult decisions to our detriment because that’s the path of least resistance. I dont even think it’s consciously done. 

3 hours ago, Bakbear said:

A good few years ago things were different. And not just we were on top. 

I agree that to consider that there is a grand conspiracy, orchestrated by nefarious characters who all get together (in a lodge)  at the start of the season and decide they are going to keep down one team through refereeing decisions is paranoid. 

That is not what I am suggesting. I can’t speak for others.

i am saying that referees give the vast majority of difficult decisions to our detriment because that’s the path of least resistance. I dont even think it’s consciously done. 

I 100% agree with this. And it does happen. I've witnessed it with one of my previous clubs I worked for. 

On 12/06/2018 at 19:46, The Dude said:

the 'fucking bizarre notion' a ref has it in for St. Johnstone comes directly from their manager who has publicly complained about Dallas' performances when he takes their games.. Weird how when a manager has an issue with a referee's performance consistently it's a 'fucking bizarre notion' but somebody makes a youtube video and it's kosher. Motherwell have also had complaints because they have had five red cards - all from the same referee - two of which were overturned. 

You say you only watch Rangers games, I watch far more than that. Think over the course of the season I've watched about 85% of Scottish Premiership games and the refereeing standard is abysmal in the overwhelming majority of them. The same stuff I see watching Rangers games I see watching Aberdeen or Hearts or Motherwell.

Last season when I was also doing the U20s games regularly I was genuinely amazed at how bad some of the refereeing was. Some of the most baffling decisions I've ever seen being made.

It's easy to call the 'path of least resistance' idea nonsense - particularly in games at Ibrox - as scientific studies have shown time and time and time again; with the size of the crowd also having a noticeable effect on referees decision making and they tend to favour the home team (assuming the home support are the louder support).

Athough Hibs are second, they also have the most booked player in the Scottish Premiership - McGinn with 15. Last season's most disciplined player? Scott Brown.

There's nothing wrong with pointing out that the refs are absolutely bollocks. I wholeheartedly agree with it.

One last wee point, there was a thing in the papers a while back (5-10 years) that something like 80% of Scottish refs failed a written exam on the Laws of the Game. I'd be surprised if that number hadn't increased.

Take it you're talking the 5 minutes of highlights on the BBC for the vast majority of them?

7 hours ago, Bakbear said:

Is not even close to a God argument. This is a straw man. 

Its impossible to prove the God exists because that requires faith. 

However it is possible to provide evidence that we were on the end of beneficial decisions as often as we were on the end of detrimental decisions. 

It is simple data based analysis. 

I have watched games and based on my witnessing of the data in real time, I conclude that more decisions went against us. 

However I am willing to concede that my perception based on real time decisions over the course of the season may be wrong. I would just like to see the counter argument based on incidents that I may have overlooked in real time. A factual based rebuttal other than “nah your para” 

Since you have the data that shows we were disadvantaged - why not just share that and prove me wrong! 

7 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Since you have the data that shows we were disadvantaged - why not just share that and prove me wrong! 

?????

You're a riddy

The answer is within umpteen posts plus a vid on this very thread ???

The stuff you ignore and ask those arguing we've been hard done to, to dispel for you.

You have provided zero substance to your own argument. At least when you argued (*delete where applicable) Mccoist, Warburton,  caixinho,  deserved more time I got your flawed logic.

Here you're just being a mentalist (No Dude not your IRA pal) zoomer. ??

Anyone who watches that and thinks we haven't been cheated should never be anywhere near Ibrox again.

Those decisions were disgusting. And the linesmen are at fault as much as the refs. 

I can understand refs not seeing everything. Humans make mistakes. But to be staring in the direction of the incident ... and still give it against Rangers on some of those highlighted in the vid... there is no excuse other than bias against us.

The Stokes on Tav incident is the worst. It is in a part of the park, not surrounded by players, that the ref, 2 x linesmen and 4th official can see from all angles.