Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KingKirk

Honest Mistakes

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

And every single club has likely been on the right and wrong end of incorrect decisions. Because refereeing IS shite.

But many are saying many blatant, game changing, incomprehensible ones have gone against us in numbers far in excess of balancing out or at levels other clubs have experienced.

I've seen examples 're other clubs but nothing on the scale of that which has been imposed on us.

And neither you with your IRA poster thread or anyone else gas come close to putting up evidence of any other club suffering such questionable refereeing conduct. If anyone has this evidence, they should simply post to allow comparison to the video in this thread.

Anyone?

Probably because there aren't sad wee virgins making videos up to greet about refereeing decisions and demanding "clarification".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Probably because there aren't sad wee virgins making videos up to greet about refereeing decisions and demanding "clarification".

More likely because they've been wronged far less than us for it to even be an issue for them.

You can't prove any other club has been wronged at a level we have, their fans haven't done so either.

All you've got is an IRA poster, Chris Sutton and a couple of aggrieved managers. Very good ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Dude said:

 I watched Carlos Pena elbow Greg Docherty and go in for a brutal challenge on Dougie Imrie. No action taken. Referee seen both of them too.

I've seen Morelos get away with countless things he could've walked for this season.

Show you a footballer get a broken nose in a game? Because that's all it was. Ref got the decision wrong but a broken nose is hardly a rarity in football. Go watch lower league games you'll see stuff like that happen.

Poor ref decisions did cost us, but they also cost others too and I don't for a second buy that refs find it easier to award against us - particularly at Ibrox.

 

We can go round and round with moments in games all day, I’ll say it again I know we get the odd break and I know others fall foul to bad decisions however it’s the sheer volume against us last year.  I’m not pulling this out the air mate, I’ve had a book for over 20 years and personally never seen a volume of (significant/blatant) decisions go against us like that, and btw I’m saying it whilst conceding we deserved fuck all from  the season. 

You still never answered my question which rather than go tit for tat on this incident or that is imo a bit broader and points towards the wider issue. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

?? Yip facts, Jack sent off 4 times 2 rescinded and out for the season by the same idiot you claim has been treated just as badly. 

 

Maybe they just referee him to a different standard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, markem said:

We can go round and round with moments in games all day, I’ll say it again I know we get the odd break and I know others fall foul to bad decisions however it’s the sheer volume against us last year.  I’m not pulling this out the air mate, I’ve had a book for over 20 years and personally never seen a volume of (significant/blatant) decisions go against us like that, and btw I’m saying it whilst conceding we deserved fuck all from  the season. 

You still never answered my question which rather than go tit for tat on this incident or that is imo a bit broader and points towards the wider issue. 

 

3rd time of asking ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, markem said:

We can go round and round with moments in games all day, I’ll say it again I know we get the odd break and I know others fall foul to bad decisions however it’s the sheer volume against us last year.  I’m not pulling this out the air mate, I’ve had a book for over 20 years and personally never seen a volume of (significant/blatant) decisions go against us like that, and btw I’m saying it whilst conceding we deserved fuck all from  the season. 

You still never answered my question which rather than go tit for tat on this incident or that is imo a bit broader and points towards the wider issue. 

 

Your question about consequences? Answered already. Don't buy it for a second. Rangers fans and celtic fans both think the same set of referees are out to get them. Yet in the 30 years I've been around nobody else has won the league title.

In over 140 years of league football in Scotland Rangers and celtic have over 100 league titles between us. That's who gets the majority of decisions in their favour. If big decisions routinely went against us (or thm for that matter) Aberdeen or Hibs or East Fife would be the most successful team in the country.

This volume of decisions going against us, are you comparing it against the number of decisions that go against everyone else over the course of the season?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The blatant supposedly honest mistakes made in the hibs game will be more difficult for the corrupt referees next season due to the increased media exposure we now have. Lets see how these referees cope when sky sports are not only ridiculing their ability to referee but also their ability to see. 

The pathetic Scottish bbc, record etc have a miniscule coverage compared to decent media down south.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Now you're using Chris Sutton as justification. Hmmm is he not as bad as Spiers.......

No I'm using Chris Sutton - who everyone would agree is as pro-celtic as they come in the media - criticising a celtic player for diving to sho just how badly the referee got that decision wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Howsitgoing said:

The blatant supposedly honest mistakes made in the hibs game will be more difficult for the corrupt referees next season due to the increased media exposure we now have. Lets see how these referees cope when sky sports are not only ridiculing their ability to referee but also their ability to see. 

The pathetic Scottish bbc, record etc have a miniscule coverage compared to decent media down south.

You do know the "increased media exposure" is largely just the same content written by Scottish journos appearing in their respective English sister titles?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Dude said:

You do know the "increased media exposure" is largely just the same content written by Scottish journos appearing in their respective English sister titles?

You do know that Steve Gerrard will have journalists on his mobile phone that he can trust when he requires facts to be reported, the roy of the rovers fictional shite in the record will be shown up to the contempt it deserves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Howsitgoing said:

You do know that Steve Gerrard will have journalists on his mobile phone that he can trust when he requires facts to be reported, the roy of the rovers fictional shite in the record will be shown up to the contempt it deserves.

I'm sure he will, but that still does't change the fact that the bulk of this "increased exposure" will largely be the same 'Roy of the Rovers fictional shite'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Your question about consequences? Answered already. Don't buy it for a second. Rangers fans and celtic fans both think the same set of referees are out to get them. Yet in the 30 years I've been around nobody else has won the league title.

In over 140 years of league football in Scotland Rangers and celtic have over 100 league titles between us. That's who gets the majority of decisions in their favour. If big decisions routinely went against us (or thm for that matter) Aberdeen or Hibs or East Fife would be the most successful team in the country.

This volume of decisions going against us, are you comparing it against the number of decisions that go against everyone else over the course of the season?

Who gives a fuck what celtic supporters think?

My question was more around the last 20 years or so, which admittedly I wasn’t specific about. 

Are you honestly going to tell me that you believe that there is a balanced approach in this country to a ref giving us a favourable decision than one against us?

You’re honestly sticking with that?  Come on.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

No I'm using Chris Sutton - who everyone would agree is as pro-celtic as they come in the media - criticising a celtic player for diving to sho just how badly the referee got that decision wrong.

So using a Rangers hater to emphasis just how bad something Rangers related is, is acceptable?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, markem said:

Who gives a fuck what celtic supporters think?

My question was more around the last 20 years or so, which admittedly I wasn’t specific about. 

Are you honestly going to tell me that you believe that there is a balanced approach in this country to a ref giving us a favourable decision than one against us?

You’re honestly sticking with that?  Come on.  

"Considerinng the reaction of other clubs and the media in this country in particular. " - so what "other clubs" reactions are we talking about here then? Aberdeen, Falkirk? Brechin?

Yes. Over the last 20 years I've heard celtic fans make the very same arguments and the simple fact is that, whether you give a fuck what celtic fans say or not, referees can't be out to get the only two teams who have won a league title in this country of over quarter of a century. It wasn't a conspiracy when they were shite and it isn't a conspiracy when we are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

3rd time of asking ??

It’s the crux of the matter but if anyone honestly believes or isn’t willing to concede that there is a huge imbalance in the coverage and reaction to the mere suggestion of a ref having favoured us then we are wasting our time having the discussion. 

Struggling to believe it tbh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, markem said:

It’s the crux of the matter but if anyone honestly believes or isn’t willing to concede that there is a huge imbalance in the coverage and reaction to the mere suggestion of a ref having favoured us then we are wasting our time having the discussion. 

Struggling to believe it tbh. 

It's not difficult ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

So using a Rangers hater to emphasis just how bad something Rangers related is, is acceptable?

Did Scott Sinclair dive in the league cup final?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't watch any Scottish football apart from games involving Rangers so cannot write with any authority about how other teams are refereed. I'm also not one of life's conspiracy theorists. But when I saw Bowman and Moult get away with murder against us, swiftly followed by Jack receiving red cards for little more than farting in his own shorts I began to wonder. What the truth is I don't know but I do believe that some refs these days bear grudges and this does influence how they referee certain players and teams. Whether that affects Rangers more than others I don't know but I do know from my own work in football that refereeing standards have dropped and that some refs undoubtedly have their own agendas. 

I genuinely believe too that many in powerful positions within Scottish football hate Rangers and have sought to destroy us. I see no reason why referees would be unaffected by this climate of hate. Sad times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, markem said:

It’s the crux of the matter but if anyone honestly believes or isn’t willing to concede that there is a huge imbalance in the coverage and reaction to the mere suggestion of a ref having favoured us then we are wasting our time having the discussion. 

Struggling to believe it tbh. 

So the crux of the matter isn't the perceived imbalance in the refereeing but infact the coverage of said perceived imbalance?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

That's deflection again Dude. You've been doing that all day ?.

Is it or isn't it acceptable to use a Rangers hater to justify just how bad something Rangers related is?

I'd suggest the deflection was your original point when you tried to veer away from even Chris Sutton criticising Scott Sinclair's cheating but you'd rather get your knickers in a twist that I quoted Sutton.

Like anything, it all depends on the context of it. If you think quoting Sutton is "unacceptable" then tough titty princess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

"Considerinng the reaction of other clubs and the media in this country in particular. " - so what "other clubs" reactions are we talking about here then? Aberdeen, Falkirk? Brechin?

Yes. Over the last 20 years I've heard celtic fans make the very same arguments and the simple fact is that, whether you give a fuck what celtic fans say or not, referees can't be out to get the only two teams who have won a league title in this country of over quarter of a century. It wasn't a conspiracy when they were shite and it isn't a conspiracy when we are.

I’m talking about the collective however yes that includes them - I refuse however to accept that this is sour grapes, mate I watched us fail to get out the 2nd tier and don’t recall mentioning a ref  

 I know we were shite and deserved nothing last year however I will never agree with you that there is not external factors influencing referees decision making and feel that there is an abundance of evidence to support the point, you saying well other teams get bad decisions doesn’t close the debate down as you seem to think.  

Need to leave it and do some work , I think you are being very closed minded in on the matter and you think I’m being paranoid and I doubt anything is going to change that.

All I want us us getting a level playing field and I don’t believe we are, off the pitch and often on it  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, The Dude said:

So the crux of the matter isn't the perceived imbalance in the refereeing but infact the coverage of said perceived imbalance?

Mate you’re better than that. Historical coverage and reaction to genuine mistakes,  perceived or otherwise has brought us to a position where refs decision making and standards are being influenced. That’s my argument. 

Closing argument. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I'd suggest the deflection was your original point when you tried to veer away from even Chris Sutton criticising Scott Sinclair's cheating but you'd rather get your knickers in a twist that I quoted Sutton.

Like anything, it all depends on the context of it. If you think quoting Sutton is "unacceptable" then tough titty princess.

So quoting a Rangers hater, in your words someone who is as pro celtic as they come in the media, IS acceptable to justify a point.

Sutton got it right re Sinclair and regards us is often more controversial than anything in what he says. He's a knob but I'd often rather him than butcher tbh.

You obviously think he's worse than that, yet use him in your argument. Interesting that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...