Tony McGlennan resigns from SFA post

Smile

7 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

He's probably expecting a surge in business from his private law clientele as Rangers drive to the top again.....

celtic fan in court on fight charge after slashing at Inverness cup tie

AN incident after the alleged slashing of a celtic fan at the away end of Saturday’s Scottish Cup tie with Caley Thistle had its sequel at Inverness Sheriff Court today.

A fan, said in court to be a friend of the victim, became involved in a fight and was arrested as he went to the assistance of his fellow supporter.

Michael Docherty (27) of Scalpay Street, Glasgow, admitted being involved in a fight which followed the incident.

But he has denied prosecution evidence that he threw punches in the fracas.

A proof has been fixed for February 23.

Docherty pleaded guilty to conducting himself in a disorderly manner and engaging in the fight.

But his solicitor Tony McGlennan said he denied Crown allegations that he threw four punches during the fight.

The court heard there was a surge in the crowd after celtic scored a goal and fans were doing a conga to celebrate.

During the course of that celebration one of the celtic supporters was apparently slashed and Mr McGlennan said Docherty came forward to help his friend who was the victim.

"What he specifically denies is that he threw three to four punches. All he is saying is he threw a Caprisun (a soft drinks carton). His friend was slashed and he was encouraged to come to his aid."

The solicitor said he understands that one of the police officers at the ground had a body camera which witnessed the incident.

"My client is hoping it recorded the incident," Mr McGlennan added.

Docherty was released on bail until the next court hearing but banned from entering any SPL football ground or the national stadium at Hampden Park by Sheriff David Sutherland.

Scum will be scum.

Orange conspiracy.  

It was the Captain Sun that did it.   

7 hours ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

I am sure the post has to be advertised. Legal requirement and all that.

Doesn't really matter. The replacement will come from the Scottish legal profession of which there are plenty of a scum persuasion to choose from I'm sure you'll agree.

And I'm not saying we should ever stop going after them if they display bias, just that the replacement WILL be of the same ilk.

On ‎12‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 08:23, eskbankloyal said:

So the individual who pushed for the latest charge against Rangers & the individual who issued it have both subsequently resigned. Amazing what happens when you stand up for yourself..... 

exactly 

which is why we didn't want PM, or his mates back, in any fashion

2 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Doesn't really matter. The replacement will come from the Scottish legal profession of which there are plenty of a scum persuasion to choose from I'm sure you'll agree.

And I'm not saying we should ever stop going after them if they display bias, just that the replacement WILL be of the same ilk.

There are Bears in said profession too!

• 4 years later...

Sportingintegritymyarse hello, I'm interested in finding out more information about a post you made several years ago please, regarding the resignation of Tony McGlennan as SFA Compliance Officer and the claims of death threats made to him and his family. He had claimed he'd received threatening emails but that he'd deleted them due to their upsetting content. It would be a huge help if you could point me in the direction of finding out more about this please, thank you.

14 hours ago, Blue4Eva said:

Sportingintegritymyarse hello, I'm interested in finding out more information about a post you made several years ago please, regarding the resignation of Tony McGlennan as SFA Compliance Officer and the claims of death threats made to him and his family. He had claimed he'd received threatening emails but that he'd deleted them due to their upsetting content. It would be a huge help if you could point me in the direction of finding out more about this please, thank you.

😄 we'll be in lockdown by dinner time.

15 hours ago, Blue4Eva said:

Morning Tony.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Copper or Daily Record "journalist"?

@SeparateEntityMyArse

ox5i0l5l3ldz.thumb.jpg.a435feb8563c26a9fa03e61de3e981c8.jpg