Tony McGlennan resigns from SFA post

Smile

47 minutes ago, KWBear said:

what the fuck is all this shit about deleting internet history? 

I posted a mock tomorrow's article suggesting it'll soon come out the resignation will be due to our fans, with unsurprisingly no proof just the allegation.

Think someone taken it literally ?

He's probably expecting a surge in business from his private law clientele as Rangers drive to the top again.....

celtic fan in court on fight charge after slashing at Inverness cup tie

AN incident after the alleged slashing of a celtic fan at the away end of Saturday’s Scottish Cup tie with Caley Thistle had its sequel at Inverness Sheriff Court today.

A fan, said in court to be a friend of the victim, became involved in a fight and was arrested as he went to the assistance of his fellow supporter.

Michael Docherty (27) of Scalpay Street, Glasgow, admitted being involved in a fight which followed the incident.

But he has denied prosecution evidence that he threw punches in the fracas.

A proof has been fixed for February 23.

Docherty pleaded guilty to conducting himself in a disorderly manner and engaging in the fight.

But his solicitor Tony McGlennan said he denied Crown allegations that he threw four punches during the fight.

The court heard there was a surge in the crowd after celtic scored a goal and fans were doing a conga to celebrate.

During the course of that celebration one of the celtic supporters was apparently slashed and Mr McGlennan said Docherty came forward to help his friend who was the victim.

"What he specifically denies is that he threw three to four punches. All he is saying is he threw a Caprisun (a soft drinks carton). His friend was slashed and he was encouraged to come to his aid."

The solicitor said he understands that one of the police officers at the ground had a body camera which witnessed the incident.

"My client is hoping it recorded the incident," Mr McGlennan added.

Docherty was released on bail until the next court hearing but banned from entering any SPL football ground or the national stadium at Hampden Park by Sheriff David Sutherland.

Scum will be scum.

11 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Tony McGlennan has confirmed that he felt forced to tender his resignation following abuse and threats towards him and his family by Rangers supporters.

Lawyer McGlennan has been with the governing body since 2014 but has now decided to return to private practice and will leave the SFA in late summer due to fear for his and his family's lives.

He said "I have been threatened on line and in person by Rangers supporters, I have had to resign to protect myself and children".

McGlennan was asked for proof but stated he had deleted all emails as they were so upsetting, and unfortunately no physical incidents had happened where cctv coverage existed.

He will be involved in the kid on recruitment process for his successor before leaving Hampden, and has promised his fellow celtic supporters that it will be business as usual next season.

McGlennan said "Sevco supporters may have won this battle but wont win the war. As my already identified successor said to me, "hail hail",".

?

Tomorrow's reporting..

I tried this sarcasm few months back

Got shot down

.Like it ? 

37 minutes ago, ianb1547 said:

I quite like a bit of history and patterns.

Particularly our own history of titles and trophies...together with the pattern of being the most successful club team in the world.

So I'm proud to be sad and obsessed. (And retired...having never been a day out of work)

I would love to have data and the patterns but I am not willing or able to go and do the research. 

Not having a go, more of a dig at the obsessed ones who send P.I.s after referees and officials to try and sway popular opinion in their favour

39 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

He's probably expecting a surge in business from his private law clientele as Rangers drive to the top again.....

celtic fan in court on fight charge after slashing at Inverness cup tie

AN incident after the alleged slashing of a celtic fan at the away end of Saturday’s Scottish Cup tie with Caley Thistle had its sequel at Inverness Sheriff Court today.

A fan, said in court to be a friend of the victim, became involved in a fight and was arrested as he went to the assistance of his fellow supporter.

Michael Docherty (27) of Scalpay Street, Glasgow, admitted being involved in a fight which followed the incident.

But he has denied prosecution evidence that he threw punches in the fracas.

A proof has been fixed for February 23.

Docherty pleaded guilty to conducting himself in a disorderly manner and engaging in the fight.

But his solicitor Tony McGlennan said he denied Crown allegations that he threw four punches during the fight.

The court heard there was a surge in the crowd after celtic scored a goal and fans were doing a conga to celebrate.

During the course of that celebration one of the celtic supporters was apparently slashed and Mr McGlennan said Docherty came forward to help his friend who was the victim.

"What he specifically denies is that he threw three to four punches. All he is saying is he threw a Caprisun (a soft drinks carton). His friend was slashed and he was encouraged to come to his aid."

The solicitor said he understands that one of the police officers at the ground had a body camera which witnessed the incident.

"My client is hoping it recorded the incident," Mr McGlennan added.

Docherty was released on bail until the next court hearing but banned from entering any SPL football ground or the national stadium at Hampden Park by Sheriff David Sutherland.

Scum will be scum.

Was he slashed by another Tim?

Apparently, McGlennan was asked if he had any applicants in mind that could judge every case with 100% unbiased neutrality? He replied that just off the top of his head he could think of five that fitted the bill;

Phil MacGiollaBhain, Dr Jeanette Findlay, John James, Angela Haggerty, and Joe O'Rourke. He was thinking of Bobby Sands. but he apparently was sitting in on another case.

1 hour ago, Ozblue said:

Apparently, McGlennan was asked if he had any applicants in mind that could judge every case with 100% unbiased neutrality? He replied that just off the top of his head he could think of five that fitted the bill;

Phil MacGiollaBhain, Dr Jeanette Findlay, John James, Angela Haggerty, and Joe O'Rourke. He was thinking of Bobby Sands. but he apparently was sitting in on another case.

No mate, you got that one wrong. He is currently lying in a pencil case.

:pipe:

1 hour ago, MisterC said:

No mate, you got that one wrong. He is currently lying in a pencil case.

:pipe:

No Colin, I didn't get it wrong; I'm glad you figured out what sort of case I was alluding to. :sherlock:

6 hours ago, Pure_Quality said:

The guy on the board who supports celtic and pushed for the charge (Hughes) who resigned has now been followed by the employee who supports celtic and actually dished out the charge (McGlennan). Interesting. Purely coincidental I'm sure and nothing to see here though...

I might be wrong but I think that’s the conflict of interest out of the way 

5 hours ago, Guardian said:

I'm wondering why he bailed out. 

What was he afraid would come out? 

He hit the eject button for a reason. I hope somebody digs up the answer. 

These rats don't jump ship for nothing. 

Agree there must be something he's hiding.

56 minutes ago, Young Bob said:

Will it be a John Paul or a Patrick next?

It won't be a John Knox 

The beggars would have a meltdown 

And they would kick up fuck 

I believe the system is so corrupted .We won't see parity in our lifetimes 

Most certainly not with the Spfl

With this new guy at Sfa .?

This season will surely be the clear indicator 

8 hours ago, Pure_Quality said:

The guy on the board who supports celtic and pushed for the charge (Hughes) who resigned has now been followed by the employee who supports celtic and actually dished out the charge (McGlennan). Interesting. Purely coincidental I'm sure and nothing to see here though...

not a coincidence. they are all tarriers anyway 

9 hours ago, Smile said:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/tony-mcglennan-resigns-from-sfa-post-mclk8d6vl

The Scottish Football Association will this week begin the search for a new compliance officer after Tony McGlennan tendered his resignation.

Lawyer McGlennan has been with the governing body since 2014 but has now decided to return to private practice and will leave the SFA in late summer. He will be involved in the recruitment process for his successor before leaving Hampden.

The role was created seven years ago under Stewart Regan, the former chief executive of the SFA, and involves reviewing reported incidents from across Scottish football with a view to applying retrospective disciplinary action. The compliance officer initiates charges which are then decided upon by an independent judicial panel.

Inevitably the role attracts frequent criticism from managers, players and clubs over which incidents…

Want to read more?

methode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F23b25dba-6dc4-11e8-bea3-bf1a5a054f3a.jpg

Dirty Fenian Rhat. Rot in Hell ya Cunt.