Vision

Jason Holt to Plymouth

£250,000 please 

1 hour ago, Bossorange said:

Wit you smoking 

Reality. 

• Like 2

He's been a mainstay in a midfield that has underperformed, been outfought, and often overrun.  He can't be given a third year in the top flight with us.  

• Like 3

Would rather see Docherty go before him.

I like Holt and think he's worth 250k, however get him so far to fuck right now cos I want to win a fucking title and he's not that standard.

Good move all round.  

Came up short like the rest of them and not the answer as we move forwards but there's at least a level of humility & professionalism about Holt that I appreciated. 

• Like 1

Gives his all but sadly that's not good enough for where we need to be. I wouldn't lose any sleep if he goes and if we do get a fee,then great.

250k would be decent business, sure we signed him for less than 100k. Minor profit is still profit.

throw in Halliday for free though 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Amac9 said:

Just take him. He's dreadful.

Like an action figure the way he plays football. A footballer who can't kick the ball.

He can only kick it the way he's facing. And he just gets in the way most of the time. 

21 minutes ago, stevemac said:

250k would be decent business, sure we signed him for less than 100k. Minor profit is still profit.

throw in Halliday for free though 

We paid a development compensation fee of £65,000 for him from Hearts and we signed him on a 3 year contract, so unless he got an extended contract in the last 3 years, he's now out of contract next month, yet guys are talking about getting between  £100,000 and £500,000 for him :confused:

2 hours ago, Amac9 said:

When have you ever seen him strike the ball cleanly? He struggles to pass the ball over 15 yards.

I have yeah, he smashed the ball into the back of the net from 25 yards against us at tynecastle to kill our championship title challenge.

Decent energetic midfielder but ultimately we need better.

3 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

We paid a development compensation fee of £65,000 for him from Hearts and we signed him on a 3 year contract, so unless he got an extended contract in the last 3 years, he's now out of contract next month, yet guys are talking about getting between  £100,000 and £500,000 for him :confused:

Halliday and Holt both signed new contracts until 2020 a few months after signing for us.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

Holt extended his deal in Jan 16.

Expires in 2020.

• Like 1

Just now, DBBTB said:

Halliday and Holt both signed new contracts until 2020 a few months after signing for us.

Great bit of business :sherlock: 

Won't be popular on here but if it was the case of keeping a squad player, would rather we got rid of Jack and Rossiter and never signed the boy on loan from Liverpool.

Young loan deals hardly ever work out for us, Rossiter is constantly injured and easily on double the wages I would imagine. Didn't want to sign Jack, know he has a fan club on here, but that will run down like Dorrans fan club did. Don't rate him at all and prefer Holt. Neither are good enough though.

4 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

£100k :lol:

Half a million minimum. 

crackpot alert

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ozblue said:

He's not out of contract next month though?? 100k is fair as he's no future and his down the pecking order ... 100k is a solid amount to get for someone who's limited talent and no future. 

21 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

He's not out of contract next month though?? 100k is fair as he's no future and his down the pecking order ... 100k is a solid amount to get for someone who's limited talent and no future. 

Yes mate, I've been told he signed an extension to his 3 year contract not long after he joined so that being the case, £100,000 seems a fair price for him and any club that buys him will always get 100% from him.

35 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

crackpot alert

Two years left on his contract, sick of us selling players for buttons. 

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Two years left on his contract, sick of us selling players for buttons. 

100-250k for Holt isn't buttons ... start quoting 500k at cunts they'll run a mile and we'll be left with him.

There's a small obsession with going on the other way on here with people wanting a lot more than people are worth just so we can say I'm sick of us getting buttons ... let's just be fair ... nothing too high nothing too low .. 100-250k is perfect for someone like Holt with limited ability and 100% no future with us.

That said, I'd rather some others went before Holt did ... he's our 4th worst midfielder (5th if you want to include Barjonas)

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

100-250k for Holt isn't buttons ... start quoting 500k at cunts they'll run a mile and we'll be left with him.

There's a small obsession with going on the other way on here with people wanting a lot more than people are worth just so we can say I'm sick of us getting buttons ... let's just be fair ... nothing too high nothing too low .. 100-250k is perfect for someone like Holt with limited ability and 100% no future with us.

That said, I'd rather some others went before Holt did ... he's our 4th worst midfielder (5th if you want to include Barjonas)

Ironically the deal is apparently around the £500k mark. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DeanMK said:

Ironically the deal is apparently around the £500k mark. 

@BridgeIsBlue I take it back, you are a visionary 

If we can pull off 500k for Holt then amazing ... Tav and Fod next please

• Like 1