Vision

Jason Holt to Plymouth

McKay's been in and around first team football for 6 years and has had 1 good season(in the Scottish Championship)

Him being a potential £10m player is up there with the more outrageous posts on here

• Like 3

Barrie McKay probably had the potential to be EPL-talent, but he just doesn’t have the work ethic. Didn’t work hard enough in his key development years, 

7 minutes ago, Goosetav said:

McKay's been in and around first team football for 6 years and has had 1 good season(in the Scottish Championship)

Him being a potential £10m player is up there with the more outrageous posts on here

Potential being the key word. Absolute fucking nonsense to claim that's one of the more outrageous posts on here.

The boy was unplayable at times against the supposed better right backs in the league (lustig and Patterson spring to mind).

In terms of raw attributes, those I listed in the last post are English premier league level. Plenty of people in the game have said that about him.

He needs to buckle down and put the effort into being the best player he can be, if he does that then he could end up at a very high level but time's running out.

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Potential being the key word. Absolute fucking nonsense to claim that's one of the more outrageous posts on here.

The boy was unplayable at times against the supposed better right backs in the league (lustig and Patterson spring to mind).

In terms of raw attributes, those I listed in the last post are English premier league level. Plenty of people in the game have said that about him.

He needs to buckle down and put the effort into being the best player he can be, if he does that then he could end up at a very high level but time's running out.

McKay has never been unplayable in his life. 

28 minutes ago, Siwel said:

It might be really obvious but I’ll ask anyway, who’s hector?

D3ECCDD0-091D-44AE-8647-CA0CCCD7A23F.jpeg.83df192e9a72a965bc659bbd96c7a5ce.jpeg

Hector the Taxman

3 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

He had an excellent December/January in the top flight off the back of a good season in the Championship(Scotland), that doesn't equal having premier league ability. The guy's 23 and just bombed at Championship level.(England)

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

D3ECCDD0-091D-44AE-8647-CA0CCCD7A23F.jpeg.83df192e9a72a965bc659bbd96c7a5ce.jpeg

Hector the Taxman

I didn’t realise he had a name

Always liked Holt's attitude and work ethic. I wish him all the best. He might not have been special but he tried more than most. 

I'd be expecting a modest fee for him. Given we got him for 60kish he wasn't the worst.

44 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

That he's rotten and that we shouldn't have got more than £500,000 for him.

Mckay's pace, touch, vision, skill, passing are all English premier league level. I would agree that his performances are not matching his talent but if someone can get the penny to drop for him there's a £10 million plus player in there.

Cheers for this, gave me a good giggle. :lol:

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Goosetav said:

He had an excellent December/January in the top flight off the back of a good season in the Championship(Scotland), that doesn't equal having premier league ability. The guy's 23 and just bombed at Championship level.(England)

We'll end up going round in circles here, I understand I won't change yours or KAIs opinion.

All the best to the boy if he does end up at Olympiacos and hopefully in 6 months time there's a thread on here saying why the fuck did we let him go for half a million. 

Hopefully true.

Any transfer fee is a bonus to getting him off the wage bill.

Holt was superb for us in 15/16 but isn’t at the level we need from our players. If we didn’t have such a big rebuild on our hands I’d happily have him as a squad player but he gives his all when he plays and deserves the chance to play regular first team football so would wish him well.

Holt is a good wee guy. But unfortunately he, as well as others , is the absolute epitome of how far we have fallen in terms of playing standards. Mediocre with a half decent attitude was not what made this club so great. 

14 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Selling him and signing Ryan Gauld makes no sense to me. I'd keep Holt if this is the case.

Gauld is younger and has more potential, would definitely be an upgrade and a good squad option.  Holt is not good enough to be even a squad player.

1 minute ago, shaka said:

Gauld is younger and has more potential, would definitely be an upgrade and a good squad option.  Holt is not good enough to be even a squad player.

25 years old vs 22 years old. Gauld has played just over 20 games in 2 years. Holt has played a lot more and has shown spells of good form for us. Both are lightweights and I wouldn't see Gauld as an improvement.  

Holt was at his best when used as a sub against tiring teams, when he was like a wee buzz-bomb, pity when the opposition are fresh and energy isn't enough he doesn't have the quality but couldn't fault the desire, be brilliant to get anything approaching 500k for him, Good luck to him.

43 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

25 years old vs 22 years old. Gauld has played just over 20 games in 2 years. Holt has played a lot more and has shown spells of good form for us. Both are lightweights and I wouldn't see Gauld as an improvement.  

Holt has played 14843 minutes of pro football at 25. Gault has played 10557 at 22, so he's not a million miles away considering his age. 

Holt has hit his absolute peak but unfortunately he isn't at the level we need. Don't get my wrong, you can't argue with the wee man's effort, but we need better. 

Gault hasn't hit his potential yet. He might never hit it, but if he becomes available for free or on the cheap, then he's certainly worth a gamble. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ozblue said:

We paid a development compensation fee of £65,000 for him from Hearts and we signed him on a 3 year contract, so unless he got an extended contract in the last 3 years, he's now out of contract next month, yet guys are talking about getting between  £100,000 and £500,000 for him :confused:

Sure he got an extension mate . Could be wrong

3 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

We'll end up going round in circles here, I understand I won't change yours or KAIs opinion.

All the best to the boy if he does end up at Olympiacos and hopefully in 6 months time there's a thread on here saying why the fuck did we let him go for half a million. 

Can't see it. He's got the heart of a mouse. Can't fault him for technical ability but that on its own won't get him to the top.

Holt can't be faulted for heart and effort. 

But the quailty and ability is not there. If we can get a fee for him I'd let him move on. 

3 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Sure he got an extension mate . Could be wrong

I've had a few replies saying he got an extension not long after he signed so in that case, we should get a reasonable fee for the wee guy compared to what we paid for him. I like wee Holt as he puts everything into his efforts on the park, but sentiment never gets you titles in football, so best of luck to him if he departs.

From the gossip column this morning: 

Jason Holt has skipped Rangers' pre-season trip to Spain to hold talks with former Ibrox team-mate Joey Barton over a move to Fleetwood. (Daily Record)