2 minutes ago, Siwel said:

It’s not nonsense he’s gash, got dominated by simon Murray and Connor sammon ffs

As I said he may not make the grade however to say a  good man manager would not get better out of several players on our books is folly. As hard as it is to say old Brendan has transformed several players in their squad who were pretty shit under Delia.

4 minutes ago, teddybear1975 said:

As I said he may not make the grade however to say a  good man manager would not get better out of several players on our books is folly. As hard as it is to say old Brendan has transformed several players in their squad who were pretty shit under Delia.

That’s not what I said tho I just said Cardoso is pish and isn’t going to be good enough.

6 minutes ago, Goosetav said:

It's a ridiculous argument that Gerrard could turn Cardoso around, if that's the case then we'd be as well keeping everyone and giving them another chance.

There is absolutely nothing to suggest that he could do well for us, obviously we want Gerrard to improve some of the squad but it needs to apply to players who have shown something, not the dregs of the squad which Cardoso is.

For what it’s worth, I remember when he arrived, he was the signing I was most hopeful about. Coming from Benfica, still young with plenty to learn but something about him that could be developed. However there’s no denying he’s had a bad season albeit in a team in constant turmoil 

i still come back to how many of Rocket Ronnie’s duds were in the side that gubbed us, proving that a shite team full of shite players two years ago were transformed under a different manager.

The odds are against him but he’s left his comfort zone to come here and got a broken nose and dogs abuse from his own “supporters” for his trouble.

New manager, new coaches, fresh start - who knows if he can be turned around or not but I hope he can - he seems keen to stay and fight so I wish him well and hope his commitment to us is both rewarded and reciprocated 

• Like 2

Just now, Colin Traive said:

For what it’s worth, I remember when he arrived, he was the signing I was most hopeful about. Coming from Benfica, still young with plenty to learn but something about him that could be developed. However there’s no denying he’s had a bad season albeit in a team in constant turmoil 

i still come back to how many of Rocket Ronnie’s duds were in the side that gubbed us, proving that a shite team full of shite players two years ago were transformed under a different manager.

The odds are against him but he’s left his comfort zone to come here and got a broken nose and dogs abuse from his own “supporters” for his trouble.

New manager, new coaches, fresh start - who knows if he can be turned around or not but I hope he can - he seems keen to stay and fight so I wish him well and hope his commitment to us is both rewarded and reciprocated 

The players Delia had that were 'turned round' were still winning leagues/doubles before Rodgers, not coming behind Aberdeen and barely ahead of Hibs. We're talking a far, far worse standard.

• Like 1

Just now, Goosetav said:

The players Delia had that were 'turned round' were still winning leagues/doubles before Rodgers, not coming behind Aberdeen and barely ahead of Hibs. We're talking a far, far worse standard.

They were outplayed by a team with Halliday, Holt and Dom Ball in it FFS!

Just now, Colin Traive said:

They were outplayed by a team with Halliday, Holt and Dom Ball in it FFS!

In 1 game...

As I said, they were still the dominant team in the country. A far higher standard than the current level of dross we have

2 minutes ago, Goosetav said:

In 1 game...

As I said, they were still the dominant team in the country. A far higher standard than the current level of dross we have

They were pish to watch under Delia by all accounts, Brenda came in and made a good few players better within his 1st season, yip they were a better standard than the rest of the league but Armstrong, Rogic, Brown & McGregor all improved significantly under Brenda from the previous campaign, if our new gaffer can do the same with some of our underachievers then it will be something to build on also.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hammer93 said:

They were pish to watch under Delia by all accounts, Brenda came in and made a good few players better within his 1st season, yip they were a better standard than the rest of the league but Armstrong, Rogic, Brown & McGregor all improved significantly under Brenda from the previous campaign, if our new gaffer can do the same with some of our underachievers then it will be something to build on also.

They definitely improved I'm not denying that but they didn't need anywhere near as much improving as out lot do, they had won 3 trophies in the previous 2 seasons whereas we've had 2 3rd place finishes and haven't reached a final. The squads were night and day.

16 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

I vividly remember Cardoso's first run out for us in that bounce game and witnessing the Colraine CF constantly running past him, the alarm bells were ringing loud and clear for me even that early, nothing he's done since has made me change my mind, get rid.

4 minutes ago, Goosetav said:

They definitely improved I'm not denying that but they didn't need anywhere near as much improving as out lot do, they had won 3 trophies in the previous 2 seasons whereas we've had 2 3rd place finishes and haven't reached a final. The squads were night and day.

I've said all along that we won't win a league with the calibre of players like your windass, Candieas,John, tavs etc etc but like I said earlier to KAI we won't be getting rid of the full squad from last year so that's how I guess why SG is keeping tav and windass as I imagine he reckons he can work with them and improve them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hammer93 said:

I've said all along that we won't win a league with the calibre of players like your windass, Candieas,John, tavs etc etc but like I said earlier to KAI we won't be getting rid of the full squad from last year so that's how I guess why SG is keeping tav and windass as I imagine he reckons he can work with them and improve them.

Personally would like to see Tav and Windass go but think him wanting to work with them is a lot different from wanting to work with the likes of Cardoso to try and salvage them

Mental a club president would organise an attack on his players with the ultras. 

If Ryan Gauld is available for a decent price I'd take him. 

2 minutes ago, Goosetav said:

Personally would like to see Tav and Windass go but think him wanting to work with them is a lot different from wanting to work with the likes of Cardoso to try and salvage them

Tav and windass should defo be kept, they are good players, we need a strong squad, not just first 11, windass is a goal scoring mid, no other mid in the team comes close to him for that, yes he can go missing in games, but that can be worked on, talent is there to see, another good season and he will be worth a few quid, tav agin not the best but by far the worst maybe more suited to midfield, again has talent to stay with the squad

29 minutes ago, Goosetav said:

Not about the relative merits of the squad. It’s about a good coach taking a squad of  players and making the same players better. We all know that our mountain is pretty steep but the principle still stands

Ryan Gauld trying to look like Torres. 

18 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Not about the relative merits of the squad. It’s about a good coach taking a squad of  players and making the same players better. We all know that our mountain is pretty steep but the principle still stands

Do you honestly think deep down that it's going to be as magical and straight forward as Gerrard coming in and getting these players improved and all changed overnight?

Not a chance mate. Fantasyland stuff. 

Absolutely nothing has changed from when we were 3-0 down against Hibs after 20-minutes a few weeks back, or the 9-0 aggregate pumpings from celtic the other month ... these are all deadwood, mentally steeped in failure and can't handle what playing for Rangers involves. 

I question the sanity of anyone that thinks about 80% of last seasons squad shouldn't shown the door - sure we might disagree on the reasons why it might not happen but that's different from saying it shouldn't happen.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Do you honestly think deep down that it's going to be as magical and straight forward as Gerrard coming in and getting these players improved and all changed overnight?

Not a chance mate. Fantasyland stuff. 

Absolutely nothing has changed from when we were 3-0 down against Hibs after 20-minutes a few weeks back, or the 9-0 aggregate pumpings from celtic the other month ... these are all deadwood, mentally steeped in failure and can't handle what playing for Rangers involves. 

I question the sanity of anyone that thinks about 80% of last seasons squad shouldn't shown the door - sure we might disagree on the reasons why it might not happen but that's different from saying it shouldn't happen.

Murhpy, Morelos, Candeias, Jack, Dorrans, Docherty, Tavernier, Alves, Windass, etc.  These guys were all part of the squad that failed so badly last season and many of them will still be here next season.  Gerrard will need to get more out of them and I'm sure he's well aware of that.  There's no way we can turn around the entire squad in one window.

1 minute ago, TMB said:

Murhpy, Morelos, Candeias, Jack, Dorrans, Docherty, Tavernier, Alves, Windass, etc.  These guys were all part of the squad that failed so badly last season and many of them will still be here next season.  Gerrard will need to get more out of them and I'm sure he's well aware of that.  There's no way we can turn around the entire squad in one window.

Complete myth.

The reason it won't happen is because there's no desire to. That simple.

I agree those guys will still be here, though - if it were upto me only Murphy would be with cases made for Alves (for a new look in a back 3) and Candaies (squad option only)

Jack and Docherty are utter garbage but we aren't going to get any decent cash for them so aye, they will hang around like a bad spell.

I'd cash in on Windass, Tav and Morelos.

Dorrans hasn't impressed but he's not the same level as Jack and Docherty - at least he's got ability even if he only shows it one game in every couple.

1 hour ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Mental a club president would organise an attack on his players with the ultras. 

If Ryan Gauld is available for a decent price I'd take him. 

It’s genuinely a pity ours didn’t.

1 hour ago, Colin Traive said:

He was shite before his nose break, he was shite after and why is supporters in quotation marks as if we’re not?

2 hours ago, hammer93 said:

"Improved the squad" as result of his superior manager skills is nonsense. Tell me one player in the fenians squads who's improved as a result of his involvement? 

8 minutes ago, EverestGers said:

"Improved the squad" as result of his superior manager skills is nonsense. Tell me one player in the fenians squads who's improved as a result of his involvement? 

Armstrong, Forrest, Rogic and Griffiths are all better players under Rogers than they were Delia.

Edit - I've just re-read and he's actually told you who's improved and you ask him anyway to tell you who's improved :confused:

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

He was shite before his nose break, he was shite after and why is supporters in quotation marks as if we’re not?

Because I hate to see a Rangers player universally slaughtered by his own fans especially when there are plenty other underachievers. He might well never make it but, given how much shite we played last season, I’d be tempted to see how he gets on working with the new CBa.

Dont know why but I just feel there’s a player in there

7 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Armstrong, Forrest, Rogic and Griffiths are all better players under Rogers than they were Delia.

Edit - I've just re-read and he's actually told you who's improved and you ask him anyway to tell you who's improved :confused:

Hence the question KAI? Has he? Armstrong was a hit wae United, he's been hot n cold wae the fenians and will shortly be off?  Forrest was the next big thing and disappeared under Delia, but he's a fenian winger, hot n cold, that mob hated him, rogic was already there too and imo is pish cos he cannae last 90 mins so who's he improved wae his master of the universe skills? Griffiths is shite too but shoot unchallenged outside the box he's a world beater. Who's he improved KAI? Don't get drawn into the impartial media hype bud 👍