6superbarry6

Ryan Gauld

5 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Wait, are people people talking about Bas Dost potentially signing for us as if there might be a possibility that it could happen? :lol:

Bas Dost strikes me as the kind of striker who prefers shiter leagues. If he went anywhere near England or Spain he would be doing well to get double figures for goals. Turkey/France is where I see him going.

37 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

The ugly wee cunt will shoot from anywhere, the law of averages dictates lots of goals. He probably has more attempts at goal from outside the box than any other Spfl player. 

I hate Griffiths more than most, but pretending that he’s anything other than an excellent striker of the ball is ludicrous.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

I hate Griffiths more than most, but pretending that he’s anything other than an excellent striker of the ball is ludicrous.

Who is saying that? Griffiths is the most dangerous striker in the league. His shooting from anywhere is what makes him so dangerous. 

1 hour ago, Goosetav said:

If you're shooting from anywhere and a fair amount of them are going in surely that's the sign of a good player?

Just luck mate 

1 hour ago, Goosetav said:

If you're shooting from anywhere and a fair amount of them are going in surely that's the sign of a good player?

No, that’s why he’s got 16 weans with 16 different slags

2 hours ago, Goosetav said:

He's a dangerous player but the wankfest over him is not justified imo.

Last season he shared 11th top scorer in the spl with 3 players.

The season before he was 9th top scorer.

8 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

He's a dangerous player but the wankfest over him is not justified imo.

Last season he shared 11th top scorer in the spl with 3 players.

The season before he was 9th top scorer.

Over the course of his career he's got an average of better than a goal a every other game, was poor this past season but the season before he still averaged a goal every 2 games.

If we had a striker who had  98 goals in 177 games for us we'd all be waxing lyrical over him

2 minutes ago, Goosetav said:

Over the course of his career he's got an average of better than a goal a every other game, was poor this past season but the season before he still averaged a goal every 2 games.

If we had a striker who had  98 goals in 177 games for us we'd all be waxing lyrical over him

Seems he is on a downward spiral then, Rodgers clearly doesn't rate him so i don't know how long he will hang about being 3rd choice striker.

Can we please stop talking about that cunt  griffiths please.

in fact let’s just not talk about any scum players on any threads

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Laudrup1690 said:

Can we please stop talking about that cunt  griffiths please.

in fact let’s just not talk about any scum players on any threads

I decide who get's spoke about on here ok?

14 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Cheek to call them obsessed when all some of our fans do is talk about they mutant bastards :megaanguish:

There's a bit of a difference between talking about one of their players ability/lack of and spending every minute obsessing over the other club

Pretty obvious tbh

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Cheek to call them obsessed when all some of our fans do is talk about they mutant bastards :megaanguish:

Like who? The discussion changed to one of their players but it's hardly talking about them all the time.

• Like 2

Still derailing threads talking about that mutant fenian bastard which I’m guessing the majority of us have zero interest in :justno:

Has Gauld left Spprting?  What's the situation there?

1 hour ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Still derailing threads talking about that mutant fenian bastard which I’m guessing the majority of us have zero interest in :justno:

Still derailing threads saying your statement about "can't stop talking about them" was a load of pish more like :lol:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Still derailing threads saying your statement about "can't stop talking about them" was a load of pish more like :lol:

To be fair mate the thread has been well and truly derailed. I’m opening it up to see if there is any substance to the Gauld link and there is a debate about the quality or lacking of a celtic Striker in full swing.  I get threads can develop and have side conversations but a Griffiths debate ffs.  :guns:

Is there any substance in this or is just someone we may go far as he may rip up his contract? 

Gauld was a very talented player before he left but I’ve no idea how he’s progressed. If he hadnt, you’d imagine Sporting would have punted him by now. Would all depend on fee /rip up contract but he’s still young so there’s got to be some value in him.  I’d said Cummings was a bit lightweight (lacks power and pace) and that’s my only negative on Gauld, unless any fee is ridiculous. 

3 hours ago, 6superbarry6 said:

images.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moody Blue said:

Gauld was a very talented player before he left but I’ve no idea how he’s progressed. If he hadnt, you’d imagine Sporting would have punted him by now. Would all depend on fee /rip up contract but he’s still young so there’s got to be some value in him.  I’d said Cummings was a bit lightweight (lacks power and pace) and that’s my only negative on Gauld, unless any fee is ridiculous. 

Gauld only has one year remaining on his contract.  They'll sell him this summer.  If it's £1m or something around that area I'd like to think we'd be interested. 

EDIT: He's actually contracted until 2020.  He signed a 6 year contract back in 2014.

43 minutes ago, TMB said:

Gauld only has one year remaining on his contract.  They'll sell him this summer.  If it's £1m or something around that area I'd like to think we'd be interested. 

Only time will tell mate