6superbarry6

Ryan Gauld

15 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

FFS, a 5ft 6in, 3 stone midfielder with limited ability is hardly what we need to add steel to the team.

Can't argue against the first two points, but limited ability? The boy's technical ability was above most in the league before he left.

Not for me

know a few utd fans, I question all the time, if he was that good, why was he only on bench when they were beaten by st.johnstone in sc final?

since 2015- 22 games played? according to wiki, might likely be wrong 

2 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Can't argue against the first two points, but limited ability? The boy's technical ability was above most in the league before he left.

Deems to have gone backwards since leaving Scotland, another player hyped up by the media as the Scottie messi who appears not to have lived up to the hype, having said that he is still only 22.  If you are small of stature in the Scottish game you need to be hard as nails like wee Doddie 

1 minute ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Deems to have gone backwards since leaving Scotland, another player hyped up by the media as the Scottie messi who appears not to have lived up to the hype, having said that he is still only 22.  If you are small of stature in the Scottish game you need to be hard as nails like wee Doddie 

I dunno how anyone can say he’s gone backwards if they’ve not seen him if anything I’d assume he’s gotten better since going to Portugal and will have learned much more from training and playing (albeit not much) there with a higher quality of coach.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Siwel said:

I dunno how anyone can say he’s gone backwards if they’ve not seen him if anything I’d assume he’s gotten better since going to Portugal and will have learned much more from training and playing (albeit not much) there with a higher quality of coach.

Not sure why but my faith in Portuguese  coaches has diminished in the past 12 months

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Not sure why but my faith in Portuguese  coaches has diminished in the past 12 months

Can’t possibly think why

1 hour ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

I can only guess it's because of ronaldos poor performance on Friday. Caixinha would have ensured he got at least 4.

Dalcio with the assists.

Ok to come back in again?........

Wouldn't mind bringing him in, it's not like we're jam packed full of creative midfielders. Could end up starting, probably just used as a squad option, but a better squad option than a Holt or Halliday...

What’s the update on this? Looks like nothing is even happening...is it just people talking shite?

3 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

What’s the update on this? Looks like nothing is even happening...is it just people talking shite?

Medical on Tuesday then flying out to Spain on Wednesday according to 4ladshadadream

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Medical on Tuesday then flying out to Spain on Wednesday according to 4ladshadadream

Genuinely?

5 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

There’s been no link at all except HITC and some shite page on FB

• Like 2

Former Dundee United star Ryan Gauld could be returning to the UK this summer – the Tangerines are unlikely to reap any rewards, however.

After four years at Sporting, and two loan spells at Vitoria de Setubal and Aves, the 22-year-old has been catching the eye of clubs south of the border and one in the Scottish Premiership.

An exodus is expected at the Lisbon club after 50 fans stormed their training complex, injured striker Bas Dost and trashed the dressing-rooms.

That followed a poor end to the season and has alerted a number of clubs to the availability of Sporting’s stars.

Portugal goalkeeper Rui Patricio, who is in Russia for the World Cup, has already quit the club with Rodrigo Battaglia, William Carvalho and Dost also expected to leave.

And Gauld may be among them with English giants Liverpool, Arsenal and Tottenham all reportedly interested.

Rangers have also been linked with a move for him and a move to Ibrox under new manager Steven Gerrard seems much more credible as he shapes his new squad.

Four years after he departed Tannadice, any sell-on clause Dundee United would have had in place won’t be activated – unless the transfer fee is more than the £3 million fee the Lisbon club paid for him.

After just two first-team league appearances in those four years, that’s unlikely.

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/dundee-united-not-likely-to-get-cash-windfall-if-ryan-gauld-moves-from-sporting/

Just now, K.A.I said:

I just made it up tbh 

thats what the Rangers bloggers do 

:lol: cunt. I just realised after I posted. Glad it’s nonsense to be honest, not overly excited by this prospect.

I don’t believe for a second that Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs are in for him.

• Like 3

Tbf if sporting lose half their squad they might be inclined to give him a chance?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Siwel said:

I don’t believe for a second that Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs are in for him.

They only want him if they can't get Stuart Armstrong or Tom Rogic after Real Madrid and Juventus entered the race for them:whistle:

18 hours ago, Siwel said:

How can you assume he has got better then.....surely the same logic applies?