plumbGER

U.S.A, Mexico and Canada to co-host 2026 world cup.

Right so Mexico have now hosted 3 world cups, America two. England last hosted one in 1966. Mexico have held 3 World cup tournaments since. It's absolutely scandalous. 

• Like 3

Shit time zones. But at least you can guarantee they'll put on a show.

The most disappointing thing is that it has 48 teams

1 hour ago, keithgersbear said:

Right so Mexico have now hosted 3 world cups, America two. England last hosted one in 1966. Mexico have held 3 World cup tournaments since. It's absolutely scandalous. 

Did England bid?

Can’t believe Canada have fooled everyone into thinking that they are an independent country just to avoid having to qualify for a World Cup.

Heads will roll when the bigwigs realise they’re just a small part of America.

If the snazis are still around I hope Scotland fail to get there again. 

Hopefully they'll all be long gone :guns: and we can have our country and national team back.

Fraser Aird's going to The World Cup!

36 minutes ago, keithgersbear said:

England backed it. So England should bid for 2030 and get it. No excuses. England deserve the 2030 world cup. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2030_FIFA_World_Cup

It must go to England. 

I wish Scotland and England did a joint bid. There's absolutely no reason why the stadiums in Glasgow/Edinburgh shouldn't host some games. 

The world Cup for the rich elite and a big fuck you to normal football fans .

You'll need about 4k just to travel over and get tickets for one game and accommodation  but hey at least FIFA will make a cool £8 Billion profit ......

The US to host the International Super Cup of Soccer...

28 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

I wish Scotland and England did a joint bid. There's absolutely no reason why the stadiums in Glasgow/Edinburgh shouldn't host some games. 

UK bid whatever. But it should on these Isles. 

2 hours ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

Can’t believe Canada have fooled everyone into thinking that they are an independent country just to avoid having to qualify for a World Cup.

Heads will roll when the bigwigs realise they’re just a small part of America.

Fifa actually don't seem to be confirming yet that all three nations will automatically qualify

every game in the US will have about 10m away fans from Mexico.

So it was Canada, USA and Mexico v Morocco ... I make that 500 million against 35 million which seems like a bit of a cut up  :whistle:

3 host nations.....I despair....the modern day game has absolutely nothing in common with the game I grew up with.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, psb07158 said:

A British Isles bid seems a no-brainer. Glasgow, Embra, Cardiff, Belfast, Dublin and 6 or 7 English cities would be tremendous.

• Like 2

Sounds like the makings of a good WC. Would prefer if they manufacture a slightly grainy TV reception and a slightly crackly sound so it feels like the old competitions back in 78, 82, 86 and the likes. Made it feel proper exotic when the TV broadcast was slightly imperfect.

• Like 2

3 million Mexican fans going to US to watch games - 11 of them coming back ?

3 hours ago, Inigo said:

Sounds like the makings of a good WC. Would prefer if they manufacture a slightly grainy TV reception and a slightly crackly sound so it feels like the old competitions back in 78, 82, 86 and the likes. Made it feel proper exotic when the TV broadcast was slightly imperfect.

There was just something magical about watching the World cup as a nipper back then. 78 is the first one I remember.

Exotic is a good description as to how it felt watching Scotland at the Wold cup on the tv in those days with the picture not the best and the sound quality made you realise just how far away it was.

Listening to Archie MacPherson's commentary, seeing all those famous players live on tv for the first time as there was practically no live football back then.

The black and white balls they used in Argentina 78 just looked better than the modern equivalent for some reason. You could see the spin of the ball better during slow motion replays as they showed it hitting the back of the net.......usually ours :lol:

The ticker tape, the female Brazil fans :drool:, believing we were going to win it.........until we played our first game that is :megaanguish: :lol:

Just doesn't feel the same these days, the game's lost it's soul. Money has totally fucked it.

They remain very fond (not sure how accurate) memories none the less. 

• Like 3