Welcome Goldson

DeanMK

goldson_130618_01.jpg

https://Rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/goldson-is-a-ger/

Rangers are today delighted to confirm the signing of defender Connor Goldson from Brighton and Hove Albion on a four-year-deal.

Goldson becomes the sixth signing of an already busy summer here at the club, and arrives with a variety of experience from his spell in England.

He began his career with Shrewsbury Town, playing in both League Two and League One for them before winning a move to then-Championship Brighton in the summer of 2015. That came after he had won the Shrews’ Player of the Year and Players’ Player of the Year awards as well as being named in the League Two ‘team of the season’.

After a solid first season in which the Seagulls were defeated in the promotion play-offs, his second season was disrupted after he was found to have a heart defect, for which he underwent preventative surgery.

He returned to action once Chris Hughton’s side had been promoted to the Premier League last year, and made his debut in that competition in a 1-0 defeat of Watford in December.

His final appearance in the blue and white stripes came on the final day of the Premier League season as Brighton were defeated by Champions League final-bound Liverpool at Anfield.

Standing at 6ft 3in tall, Goldson has predominantly played as a centre-half in his career.

I'd be lying if i said i wasn't concerned we've just paid around £3m for someone who has 8 appearances in 2 seasons tbh. 

Got to give him a chance, and a few accounts suggest he has the ability. Hopefully he rams my and anyone else's doubts down our throats. 

Really pleased with this signing. As said, with McGregor, Goldson and Katic hopefully that will really sure up the defence and stop us leaking so many goals.

However, I feel like the defence wasn't *always* the problem, the midfield also can't control a game and are literally non existent in the big games. So we need a big physical player who will get on the ball for us too and that will also go a long way to easing the pressure on the defence. Happy with the business so far though!