Gerrard's captain for the season.

K.A.I

1 minute ago, rangersross said:

Wallace or, if we do pull off some sort of sensational signing with bags of CL experience, him. 

Last summer many wanted Alves to be given the armband based on his experience and reputation and what a mistake that would've been.  Picking a captain isn't all about ability either.  celtic could sign a top player but Brown would remain as their captain because he's been loyal to them and displays the ned like values they appreciate.  Wallace is our captain and no one else has earned the right to take it off him.  

1 minute ago, TMB said:

He's a good full-back at SPFL level.  He had a hard time with injures last season but that certainly hasn't been the story of his career.  Labelling him as "perma-injured" is inaccurate.  Lee Wallace has been a solid professional for us on and off the pitch and if he did in fact punch Murty I'd give him legendary status right now.  Getting in amongst it to support the players against a shite manager is exactly what the captain should be doing.

He's been pish since we came back up to the premiership when he's not been injured. Gets caught out of position far too much. I like the guy for standing by us and he has every right to dispute his fine if he feels he has a case, but he is simply not good enough for us going forward. 

He 100% won't be here come the start of the season anyway however given the events of the last couple of months. 

2 minutes ago, TMB said:

Last summer many wanted Alves to be given the armband based on his experience and reputation and what a mistake that would've been.  Picking a captain isn't all about ability either.  celtic could sign a top player but Brown would remain as their captain because he's been loyal to them and displays the ned like values they appreciate.  Wallace is our captain and no one else has earned the right to take it off him.  

I do agree and I was mostly being tongue-in-cheek about us signing some superstar and making them captain. It’s just a nice fantasy.

Not popular on here but my choice is wallace. Will not be upset if mcgregor gets it as I reckon he would be capable despite past mistakes. Not comfortable with a new guy being handed the armband. Who knows, I trust as a long standing and well respected captain himself gerrard will have a good handle on this. Mcallister as well thinking about it, pretty sure he must have spent a few his later years as a captain. Compared to the recent shower of clowns we are now in an excellent position to sort out this long standing issue imo.

1 minute ago, Captain Hilts said:

He's been pish since we came back up to the premiership when he's not been injured. Gets caught out of position far too much. I like the guy for standing by us and he has every right to dispute his fine if he feels he has a case, but he is simply not good enough for us going forward. 

He 100% won't be here come the start of the season anyway however given the events of the last couple of months. 

If he's not here by all means pick a new captain.  But, if Wallace remains a Rangers player he should have the armband.  Wallace has been with us for many years now let him finish his time with us as our captain.  

4 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

He’s already captain, and I don’t like people getting captain when they’ve just signed tbh, the rest of last season’s squad should be nowhere near apart from McCrorie

C
R
A
C
K
--
P
O
T

2 minutes ago, TMB said:

If he's not here by all means pick a new captain.  But, if Wallace remains a Rangers player he should have the armband.  Wallace has been with us for many years now let him finish his time with us as our captain.  

Mate I'd say you are in the minority if you think Wallace is good enough to play every week for us next season if he does stay. We need far better than him. John is better for a start. 

Shouldn't be wallace, weak as a captain, not vocal enough, doesn't stand up for the players and doesn't approach the ref questioning decisions.

Need someone that isn't scared to do all of the above and isnt afraid to take blame or responsibility. Grudgingly it would be McGregor for me or arfield