K.A.I

Gerrard's captain for the season.

Personally think it will be Mcgregor but not a fan of 'keepers being captain, McCrorie is captain in waiting so I would not be opposed to him getting it despite his age.

28 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Well here's hoping he's working on the attributes he is lacking for that role.

I like him, he's a good honest wee player, but he has a lot of improving if he wants to play regularly as part of a title winning team imo.

Don't agree with that at all, he's already good enough to play that role in a title winning team I think

4 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Be weird having a Livingston player as our number one.

Made a cunt of the wording but you get the idea

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, TMB said:

Lee Wallace is our captain he did what many so called Rangers men didn't in 2012 when he stuck by our club.  Removing the armband from him and giving it to McGregor, who ditched us when the chips were down, would be quite the slap on the face. 

Don't think it should be Wallace but you're right about the slap in the face. 

Wallace won't play and Taverniers game suffered after becoming captain so needs to be someone else. If Jack is a first pick I'd go him as struggling for options but if i was having a bet I'd say it'll be Tav.

26 minutes ago, Goosetav said:

Coming from one of the most clueless posters on here I'll take that as a compliment.

Why am I not surprised by that.

4 minutes ago, Goosetav said:

Don't agree with that at all, he's already good enough to play that roll in a title winning team I think

Nope, not for me, needs to massively improve his passing and decision making to play in there.

He is a good battler and ball winner but i can't see him carving open a defence or dictating a match from deep.

10 minutes ago, Goosetav said:

Don't agree with that at all, he's already good enough to play that roll in a title winning team I think

1026.jpg

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

A40152CC-0EF5-4790-B14D-1AA6AE4403C9.jpeg

Wouldn’t mind it being Rossiter if he stays fit tbh I’m hoping for a big season from him 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Nope, not for me, needs to massively improve his passing and decision making to play in there.

He is a good battler and ball winner but i can't see him carving open a defence or dictating a match from deep.

Don't think it's the most important attribute for someone playing as a defensive midfielder, he's not a bad passer anyway, decent enough to keep it nice and simple and let the more cultured players dominate the game/cut open a defence

• Like 1

Really hope Dossier has a good pre-season.and starts in a run of the early games....Captain,probably not,but he has shown you. don't need the armband to be vocal.

1 minute ago, oldbear said:

Really hope Dossier has a good pre-season.and starts in a run of the early games....Captain,probably not,but he has shown you. don't need the armband to be vocal.

wit

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, oldbear said:

Dodgy dossier

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

I’d be stunned if it’s not McGregor.

Dont like a keeper being captain, they are restricted from having "words" with teammates if required 

2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Dont like a keeper being captain, they are restricted from having "words" with teammates if required 

I agree, I'd also rather move forward than blasts from the past on that front.

Don't want hints of the 'big man' thing from KM.

I can't see Wallace having a future with us unless SG gives him a clean slate....tbh we don't really have many choices as leaders going on last season's performances.....I will go for one of our new signings probably Arfield as I can see him being influential for us on the pitch.

23 minutes ago, Goosetav said:

Don't think it's the most important attribute for someone playing as a defensive midfielder, he's not a bad passer anyway, decent enough to keep it nice and simple and let the more cultured players dominate the game/cut open a defence

It's not the most important but it is something he needs to work on, i think he could grow into the role but at the moment i don't think he is anywhere near the finished article to play there in a title winning team let alone be captain.

Let the boy concentrate on his own game and improve on his already promising start.

Rossiter maybe if he stays fit reckon he will help with getting stevie Gs message across. Let's see who else we sign first than can make a better decision.