Gerrard's captain for the season.

K.A.I

I'm hoping our Captain is still to come. 

Fuck having McGregor as captain. 

Want your captain yo be this first name on the teamsheet  otherwise I may have given it to McCrorie and let him grow into it. 

The more I think of it the harder it is . 

Dont see it being Wallace with his fall out with the club . Goldson's a fair shout , but would it be fair to give it to someone who is still to settle here and hardly knows his teammates . Has he ever even been a captain ? McGregor , being a goalie , may be too far away from the action , never mind the manner of his departure . McCrorie , and even more so ,  Rossiter , are still establishing themselves as first team players never mind being captain . 

So , I agree with those that think he's still to sign . And I have a wee sneaky feeling that man could be . . . . . . . Steven Davis . 

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

If there's no one else that's captain material coming in then why not McCrorie? Not like there's many other better options in the team currently. The boy can easily mould into the role as he develops and would have help with other experienced players around him.

McCrorrie will be lucky to start 20 games this season 

5 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Who should get it?

I think last season Wallace, Miller, Holt, Tav, Fod, Alves, Martin, Wilson and maybe even Ryan Jack? all had it which is frankly pathetic and unbefitting having it passed about so many people like it's a token gesture.

I'm a believer in it works best giving it to someone vocal at the back.

I've never seen Goldson play, but if he's the's big, ball-winning, composed defensive mainstay is he our best shout? there's also Alan McGregor who knows what it's about and is a vocal organiser.

Who's your choice? 

Pretty sure halliday and Dorrans captained us too? Madness

4 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

A40152CC-0EF5-4790-B14D-1AA6AE4403C9.jpeg

I was about to write that I have a feeling it might be Rossiter. I can see Gerrard recognising a lot of the traits that Rossiter has shown us in the small glimpses we've had of him so far. He seems to have an old fashioned, traditional approach to the game. Hard working, shirt tucked in, no nonsense footballer who showed more than anyone on the park in the last league game away to Hibs that he could be a leader.

If he can come through pre-season strongly, he'd actually be my choice. I'm feeling positive that his injury hell is behind him.

I can't see Wallace staying at the club. 

I really hope it's not McGregor. I've never been a fan of making a keeper captain they are too far away from the action. 

I reckon the new captain hasn't been signed just yet.

We really need a vocal arse kicker ready to get stuck in and take games by the scruff of the neck. The type of captain who won't accept standards dropping.  Not many in our current sqaud with those qualities. 

Someone that will be one of the first names on the teamsheet.

Which means it shouldn't be Wallace anymore and it wont be Rossiter because he can't be trusted to be fit for long spells, and McCrorie won't be a mainstay in the first 11 either.

It's likely going to be someone we've not signed yet or McGregor.