Gerrard's captain for the season.

K.A.I

3 hours ago, Glasgowrangersafc said:

Last season, young mccrorie in the middle of the park every time he played and Young rossiter in the last game of the season against hibs both showed more leadership qualities than wallace has in years

... but neither is (yet) captain material. 

Wallace has the armband and until such time as we have a candidate he will retain the armband - now Gerrard may think a new boy can be Captain (but I doubt it) and all I can hope is that some leadership starts to show on the park.

31 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Wallace has the armband and until such time as we have a candidate he will retain the armband - now Gerrard may think a new boy can be Captain (but I doubt it) and all I can hope is that some leadership starts to show on the park.

As i replied before, i didnt say either were, i said both showed more leadership qualities on the park than wallace did despite being young boys and only playing a few games. I would be MASSIVELY surprised if wallace remains clib captain next season, espescially as i dont think he will play much at all unless john gets injured or suspended

36 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

How can someone who's future is in limbo and probably won't kick a ball for us again be captain, just because he was previously? that's as big a joke as about 7 or 8 different players having it last season including squad players playing 2 games in a row.

7 hours ago, Howsitgoing said:

As it stands Ryan Jack would be my choice.

The fenian compliance officer and referees did a hatchet job on him last season. Think he could be a mainstay in a Steve Gerrard team and with King flushing out the corruption in Scottish football should be allowed to play to his full ability.

He Captained the Sheep for three season.....so has the experience for sure.

defo not Rossiter, you would be as well asking who would be your vice captain choice as he can’t captain from the physio bench.

Wallace hasn't epitomized a captain on the field often enough imo. I also expect a club captain as the glue that bonds a squad, gets his colleagues pulling together for their manager and more. Don't think there's ever been more disharmony, cliques, lack of collective fight for the cause.

If Gerrard retains him as a player, let alone as team and club captain, then Imo he's not as smart as he has appeared to be in every instance so far.

A new signing should get it.

42 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

There are many candidates for the armband. No chance Wallace will be captain. Be lucky to get a game.

McCrorie is future caption no doubt. Similar to Fergie at the start of Advocaats reign he has Amo as Captain then Ferguson was given it outright after he fully established himself as a first team first name on the team sheet kind of player.......hoping we McCrorie is in the same bracket 

9 hours ago, K.A.I said:

How can someone who's future is in limbo and probably won't kick a ball for us again be captain, just because he was previously? that's as big a joke as about 7 or 8 different players having it last season including squad players playing 2 games in a row.

I guess we will know tomorrow if this meeting with him and Gerrard happens 

11 hours ago, Camshy said:

McCrorie is future caption no doubt. Similar to Fergie at the start of Advocaats reign he has Amo as Captain then Ferguson was given it outright after he fully established himself as a first team first name on the team sheet kind of player.......hoping we McCrorie is in the same bracket 

If you're waiting for McCrorie to turn I to a Barry Ferguson let me save you the suspense and tell you it's never going to happen.