Gerrard's captain for the season.

K.A.I

11 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

I’d rather have some skill, passion, leadership and desire - ahead of “sticking around” to be honest  

Wallace has never really shown those tendencies except perhaps in his first season with us  

Wallace too fucking quiet as a captain for me. Not enough fire. 

As it stands Ryan Jack would be my choice.

The fenian compliance officer and referees did a hatchet job on him last season. Think he could be a mainstay in a Steve Gerrard team and with King flushing out the corruption in Scottish football should be allowed to play to his full ability.

2 hours ago, willygers4life said:

So why should he retain the armband then, surely others in squad has more qualities required to be a captain 

That’s my point - I have yet to see anyone in the squad worthy of the armband - there is a lack of leadership on the pitch and unless someone comes in and demonstrates those qualities then Wallace retains the armband. 

17 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I like McCrorie, but he might not even get a game this season. Shite at CB and not sure he has the quality to drive us forward from CM. 

Pretty much my thoughts, i like the lad but he has a lot of improving to do to play either position and is being helluva overrated on here.

I have little doubt that he will go on to be a cracking player for us as he has shown the desire and commitment required already and by all accounts is a very level headed boy who wants to learn.

Anyone who believes the club will give it to wallace again are aff their nuts, they are trying to hunt the cunt! This sentimental 2012 shite doesnt sit well with me, aye he never left BUT he was paid very handsomly to stay and was given the option of mid table english championship mediocracy or part of Rangers history while wearing an armband and playing against dumplings doing so with not a massive financial difference between the two. He has been bang average or worse since then and shows absolutely no leadership qualities on or off the park.

That aside, gerrard is his own man with no previous connection to our club so sentiment means fuck all! so no one will dictate to him who is captain of his side, he will decide that and id imagine it would be one of his own signings. There is not a chance in hell he is coming in and looking at that squad and deciding a full back who he has no intentions of playing will be captain. I would guess at either mcgregor or goldson or the big croation boy, unless theres still to be skrtl or someone in that ilk to be signed

As things stand I think McGregor. That could change obviously with signings. The thought of Tav being our captain is worse though. However he could take it in his stride and surprise me but he's shown little when we've been taking beatings off the tarriers so I doubt it.

48 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I maintain Wallace is one of the worst captains in our history. Offers zero leadership and has presided over some of the worst results in our history. Not to mention he’s injured more often than not these days.

I like McCrorie, but he might not even get a game this season. Shite at CB and not sure he has the quality to drive us forward from CM. 

Not sure where that leaves us. Might stay with Tav, night go to someone new with the correct attributes to lead a team (which would be my preference). 

Couldn't agree more. Aye he stuck around in 2012 but it's time to move forward.

2 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

That’s my point - I have yet to see anyone in the squad worthy of the armband - there is a lack of leadership on the pitch and unless someone comes in and demonstrates those qualities then Wallace retains the armband. 

Last season, young mccrorie in the middle of the park every time he played and Young rossiter in the last game of the season against hibs both showed more leadership qualities than wallace has in years

50 minutes ago, Glasgowrangersafc said:

Last season, young mccrorie in the middle of the park every time he played and Young rossiter in the last game of the season against hibs both showed more leadership qualities than wallace has in years

Agreed, but neither of them should be captain either. 

Unlikely to be certain starters. 

2 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

I maintain Wallace is one of the worst captains in our history. Offers zero leadership and has presided over some of the worst results in our history. Not to mention he’s injured more often than not these days.

Not sure where that leaves us. Might stay with Tav, night go to someone new with the correct attributes to lead a team (which would be my preference). 

As has Tavernier

It's probably already been posted but I'm hoping that our new captain will be signed very shortly and he will be a no nonsense quality midfield general.

I don't have any suggestions but I'm optimistic that Gerrard seen enough of our pitiful capitulations last season (dvds) to make this the main objective.