what do we still need?

KingKirk

For me it's a two year team/squad building task, I don't expect to have the finished article anytime soon, saying that I'd like to see a solid right back and a proper number 9 added before the season starts with possibly a left back and a playmaker added in the future. 

If Alves and Morelos stay then I'd be reasonably content if we brought in a right back, a centre mid and a couple of forwards.

Whilst getting rid of the likes of OH, Holt, Hodson, Fod, Halliday, Herrera and Cardoso. And sending Jack and Docherty on loan to the likes of Hearts/Killie.

Depends really.

If Gerrard plans on going a 3 at the back, then I think we need another center half as it's a long season and need that wee bit of extra cover.

If Gerrard plans on a back 4, I'd honestly splash out on 2 proper, capable fuck-balls. Cash in on Tav to fund it.

Regardless if it's 4 or 3 at the back, we without a doubt need a couple of talented creative players for the middle of the park and a couple of strikers too. We need these to be relative marquee's in all honesty ... some of the guys linked simply won't do. 

If there's even more room in the budget then another defensive-minded central midfielder. I like McCrorie and think that position can be his, but we need options there too we can't go with only 1 guy that can do the job.

Outbound I've said it loads but I'd cash in on Fod, maybe Morelos is the cash is right (then we need 3 strikers not 2 as mentioned above), Tav (if like said above we are doing a back 4) and maybe Windass if the offer is right good too.

Even if we have to release them ; Hodson, Wallace, Halliday and Forrester to get them off the wagebill.

Try to find buyers for O'Halloran, Herrera, Pena and Cardoso.

I'd love in an ideal world to get cash for Rossiter, Docherty, Jack, Holt and John but I don't think we can so might aswell have them as squad options. Yeah I know Holt is interesting Plymouth, but unsure how concrete the interest is so I'll pinch of salt it (for now)

Happy to keep Alnwick as back-up to McGregor. 

Stay of executions for Dorrans, Candaies and Alves too. Might be against my better judgement, but that's just the way my gut is swinging at the moment.

We need....

2 proper, genuine, tall fullbacks that can defend, attack & take no prisoners.

At least one quality goalscorer, who can defend from the front & take no prisoners.

At least one devastatingly creative midfield maestro who ideally, will take no prisoners

In addition, we need to get all last year's driftwood & shitebags so far to fuck.

1.  McGregor

2. Tavernier

3. John

4. Katic

5. McCrorie

6. Jack

7. Rossiter

8 Ejaria

11.  Windass

I would go 4 - 2 - 3 - 1 with the 2 being CDM's. The 3 in front would be windass wide left and Ejaria wide right. We need a number 10 and a clinical no.9

Murphy is too one dimensional, dorrans is pish and i personally would punt candais, morelos, herrera and cardoso and whatever fees are received get them ploughed into a real clinical striker

2 minutes ago, Gascoigne8 said:

1.  McGregor

2. Tavernier

3. John

4. Katic

5. McCrorie

6. Jack

7. Rossiter

8 Ejaria

11.  Windass

I would go 4 - 2 - 3 - 1 with the 2 being CDM's. The 3 in front would be windass wide left and Ejaria wide right. We need a number 10 and a clinical no.9

Murphy is too one dimensional, dorrans is pish and i personally would punt candais, morelos, herrera and cardoso and whatever fees are received get them ploughed into a real clinical striker

Ejara, Rossiter and Jack as our midfield would have us third again .. that's an awful lineup mate.

My main priority now would be a strong, athletic, comfortable on the ball - box to box midfielder. 

Probably a big outlay but when McCrorie is out injured we have absolutely no height/presence there. I really want us to have a big strong athletic XI.

After that a striker, a wide man, back up to both fullback positions and a CB.

1.  McGregor

2. Tavernier

3. John

4. Katic

5. McCrorie

6. Jack

7. Rossiter

8 Ejaria

11.  Windass

Mate I hope that team is nothing like the team that starts the season. We’d be in for another shite one. 

1.  McGregor

2. Tavernier

3. John

4. Katic

5. McCrorie

6. Jack

7. Rossiter

8 Ejaria

11.  Windass

So the guy we’ve reputedly spent 2-3m on today doesn’t make your team? 

26 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Ejara, Rossiter and Jack as our midfield would have us third again .. that's an awful lineup mate.

I tried, i really tried but this football manager esq stuff where we have to guess at who would sign for us and what money is available obviously isnt my forte.

Cannae wait for the season to start tbh :mutley: