what do we still need?

KingKirk

Really without knowing what the loan guy is in terms of CM. We need to find a balance at any price tbh 1 destroyer 1 box to box and a guy that has some creativity can find that pass that will unlock a defense.

So Rossiter Jack and mcrorie can't start games together as they are all similar in terms of style.

Biggest issue for the last SIX seasons has been midfield where we have lacked both quality and physicality, still looks very lightweight and I honestly have no idea what to expect from Arfield, never seen him play, does he offer anything physically?  

I was really hoping (am still hopeful) that SG can bring in a marquee signing to the midfield, needs to be someone in the Souness mould both talented and hard as nails. 

A defensive right back to start European games, old firm games etc., keep tav for when we need to break teams down

if we’re playing a back 3, another centre back

a creative midfielder (not sure whether ejara fills this void or not)

someone who can play any of the positions behind a striker (eg harry Wilson)

a target man

a fast back up striker (assuming we keep Morelos.)

Still not not perfect but would be satisfied if these 6 signings were of the standard that we have signed so far. 

55 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

So Rossiter Jack and mcrorie can't start games together as they are all similar in terms of style.

Agreed. 

In my mind it’s 

rossiter, jack and McCrorie competing for defensive mid

ejara, airfield and docherty  competing for  box to box 

and Dorrans is the only creative one we have, which is why I’m saying we should sign a creative midfielder and dorrans can be backup.

however I’m not entirely sure what type of midfielder ejara is.

All new players are welcome and can not be worse than the shower of gutless shite, we had last season .

So with that in mind . Seeing every one of these useless cunts being punted is what we need .Asap .

Then none of them ,can come back into the side in a big match  and haunt us again with their uselessness.

So far so good

2 hours ago, SheriffHood said:

He's on the bench with Arfield

It's fucking amazing what goes through some of the posters brains.....he effectively has McCrorie at centre back (where he is woeful) Rossiter who still a helluva lot to prove and Jack (not good enough imho) playing....fuck me it's an horrendous line up.

We all recognise that we need quality up and down the pitch but we do not have money to purchase it in the six positions we require it. I think that by signing a quality attacking midfielder and a quality striker, we can win the league. This would put other teams on the back foot like Jelavic used to do when he played for us.

4 minutes ago, bennyali said:

We all recognise that we need quality up and down the pitch but we do not have money to purchase it in the six positions we require it. I think that by signing a quality attacking midfielder and a quality striker, we can win the league. This would put other teams on the back foot like Jelavic used to do when he played for us.

we need a big investor :dance:

- A big competitive CDM who can had much needed physicality and dig to our midfield.  A guy who can protect the defense, bring the ball out and get it to the attackers, and be the pivot of our entire team.  We've lacked this type of player for 3 years now. 

- A CAM who is comfortable with the ball at his feet and can dictate play.  Windass, for all his goals, is not a playmaker and when up against it we need another option.

- Another CF to compete with Morelos for that lone striker role.

- A left footed inside forward for that wide right position.

2 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Biggest issue for the last SIX seasons has been midfield where we have lacked both quality and physicality, still looks very lightweight and I honestly have no idea what to expect from Arfield, never seen him play, does he offer anything physically?  

I was really hoping (am still hopeful) that SG can bring in a marquee signing to the midfield, needs to be someone in the Souness mould both talented and hard as nails. 

I totally agree.  Midifeld is our biggest weakness.  Case and point is that 4-0 cup defeat when we were just completely overrun in midfield.  I wouldn't want to go in to next season dependant on any of the central midfielders from last season.  I hope Gerrard will add a couple of real quality players in there to win those midfield battles and keep us on the front foot.  A CDM should be very high on our summer shopping list and I think we'll bring one in soon enough.

12 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Main thing we needed was to sort out the defence, we’ve hopefully done that. We finished top goal scorers and never won the league. When was the last time the top goal scorers never won the league? Just shows how pathetic we were at the back. 

Winning the midfield battle protects the defense and keeps us on the front foot more often.  Against a Brown or Mulumbu we were getting outmuscled and out fought.  Hibs completely overran us in midfield at times too.  I'd blame the central midfield every bit as much as the defense.  

A new Keeper and solid CBs coming in is a start but they need a quality CDM in front of them.  Dare I say, we need our own version of a Scott Brown.

36 minutes ago, TMB said:

I totally agree.  Midifeld is our biggest weakness.  Case and point is that 4-0 cup defeat when we were just completely overrun in midfield.  I wouldn't want to go in to next season dependant on any of the central midfielders from last season.  I hope Gerrard will add a couple of real quality players in there to win those midfield battles and keep us on the front foot.  A CDM should be very high on our summer shopping list and I think we'll bring one in soon enough.

Any idea what we are getting in Arfield?   Rossiter will be an interesting one, let's see what can get out of him, assuming he is fit. 

34 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Main thing we needed was to sort out the defence, we’ve hopefully done that. We finished top goal scorers and never won the league. When was the last time the top goal scorers never won the league? Just shows how pathetic we were at the back. 

Defense while less than perfect is a symptom of having no midfield, we could play a back four of: Ashley Cole, John Terry, Ricardo Carvalho, Paulo Ferreira and they'd struggle with a weak midfield that consistently gives the ball away,  

10 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Defense while less than perfect is a symptom of having no midfield, we could play a back four of: Ashley Cole, John Terry, Ricardo Carvalho, Paulo Ferreira and they'd struggle with a weak midfield that consistently gives the ball away,  

Not in fuckin' Scotland they widnae,  FFS.

15 minutes ago, slimjim1690 said:

Not in fuckin' Scotland they widnae,  FFS.

Hyperbole to illustrate a point, a valid point, that we have had no midfield for six years and that any defense would struggle as a result.   Our midfield is a weak as Justin Trudeau.   

17 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Hyperbole to illustrate a point, a valid point, that we have had no midfield for six years and that any defense would struggle as a result.   Our midfield is a weak as Justin Trudeau.   

Aye I knew what you meant mate, I was just being a dick.