Jason Cummings

islandblue

The days of signing squad players for 600K are over. We need to be using money like that to put towards some first team quality, then finding squad players through Bosmans, loans and the youth system.

1 minute ago, Goosetav said:

As mad as it might sound I think he tried too much, instead of doing what comes natural to him he spent too much time focusing on doing everything else, didn't help being played out of position.

Think he did show enough to take a punt on at £600k though

I agree with this . Think the boy also suffered because he knew the manager didn’t rate him. 

10 minutes ago, wearethepeople1 said:

For £600,000 I would like to see us sign him 

but I agree that if it was going to happen, it would have happened by now 

£600k is effectively a free agent at £12k a week, although of course you would need to pay a signing on fee, and I’m sure we could get a better player as a free agent for that kind of money.

Dont ask me who right enough, I would leave that up to Mr Gerrard.

I’m torn(and no not my arsehole)

I don’t think he’s shown enough but I don’t think we’ve given him the platform the spoon burners did. You can’t fault the guys heart and I don’t think we’re snobby enough yet to rule him out as someone who can do a job if we have suspensions or injuries under someone like Gerrard.

I had high hopes for him also and he has been a complete dissappointment. 

We dnt have time to go oh but he might get better. Thats our fucking problem.

Get him to fuck. Not good enough plus he was oot drinking wae tht wee poofy looking prick scott allan.

8 minutes ago, RDFM said:

Not sure where he’s developed the reputation as this clinical finisher, missed a couple Morelos type chances with us and Hibs before. That being said, for the rumoured price, I’d take him. 

The Scottish Championship mostly. Went to Forest and seems to have failed to make the grade, then came to us and looked ordinary at best.

Not sure where we see a striker for us next season in that. 

I don't get the idea of punts for squad players either. Seems to me that strategy (if you can call it that) is more likely to end up with more substandard dross sitting waiting for someone to come along and take the wage off our hands.

Every signing now should be well considered and justified, as best we can. 600k is still a lot of money.