Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
falkirkNS

Thompson/ Hardie

Recommended Posts

Thompson allready away but held in high regards and just been capped by Norn Iron, we reckon he'll be one that we regret? Also whats the score with Ryan Hardie???

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got told Hardie was discussing a new contract with the club but that was last week so dunno if it’s changed, seen someone on Twitter today claiming Hardie had been offered a 1 year deal and a loan move to Dundee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thompson shouldn't have been loaned out.  I know Warburton intended to go with Barton and Rossiter in the CDM role but one was chased out after a few games and Rossiter has barely kicked a ball in two years.  Last season we had Jack and McCrorie but suspensions and injurues constantly kept them out the team as well.  No reason why Thompson shouldn't have had an opportunity with us over the last two seasons I doubt he's worse than the dross we've had in there.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Siwel said:

I got told Hardie was discussing a new contract with the club but that was last week so dunno if it’s changed, seen someone on Twitter today claiming Hardie had been offered a 1 year deal and a loan move to Dundee.

He's out of contract. How does he get a loan move to Dundee? Who employs him to loan him? Are we signing him to loan him? Is this the shite you were coming out with yesterday? 😂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

He's out of contract. How does he get a loan move to Dundee? Who employs him to loan him? Are we signing him to loan him? Is this the shite you were coming out with yesterday? 😂

Read what it said again, a 1 year deal with us and then on loan to Dundee. Not me saying it just something I saw mentioned on twitter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

Thompson allready away but held in high regards and just been capped by Norn Iron, we reckon he'll be one that we regret? Also whats the score with Ryan Hardie???

Hodson was capped by NI, so don't use that as a benchmark.  That said, I thought Thompson had composure but was never given an opportunity.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From the admittedly little I’ve seen of Hardie he looks a decent enough striker it’s just a pity he’s built like a £5 note and doesn’t carry the pace to compensate for it. If he was going to break into our team, he would’ve by now considering the issues we’ve had with strikers recently

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Met Thompson at the airport when he was flying out with the NI squad, said he didn’t have a team lined up as yet. As far as I’m aware he didn’t start most games for Livi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Half a dozen games last season for Hardie would have been enough for us fans to see if he has " got it" he got a run out as sub 2nd half in one game and looked decent but opinions can not be based on that, seems he will be on his way with hardly any game  time at all.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Siwel said:

......seen someone on Twitter today claiming Hardie had been offered a 1 year deal and a loan move to Dundee.

 

7 hours ago, Siwel said:

Read what it said again, a 1 year deal with us and then on loan to Dundee. Not me saying it just something I saw mentioned on twitter.

So something as illogical and nonsensical as your suggestion the other day to do the same then make money out of it by selling them at the end of the year's deal when out of contract?

Sign him, get zero benefit from him for a year, probably whilst paying a share of his wages. If he gets injured, we pay for operations etc. If he does well, he's then in position for getting signing on fees his next move whilst we get nothing but thanks. Maybe a tad more compensation at best.

Not sure why Dundee wouldn't just sign him themselves cutting us out as middle men, unless they can't afford to and it is to do with us paying a chunk of wages.... surprised no one questioned his logic in a return tweet.

I'll leave such proposals to you and your Twitter buddy.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd be tempted to give Hardie a year deal with option of another year and punt him on loan to a Livi or the likes to see how he handles it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

I'd be tempted to give Hardie a year deal with option of another year and punt him on loan to a Livi or the likes to see how he handles it.

😁

Who has the option at end of year 1 to say yes or no? Club? Hardie?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

 

So something as illogical and nonsensical as your suggestion the other day to do the same then make money out of it by selling them at the end of the year's deal when out of contract?

Sign him, get zero benefit from him for a year, probably whilst paying a share of his wages. If he gets injured, we pay for operations etc. If he does well, he's then in position for getting signing on fees his next move whilst we get nothing but thanks. Maybe a tad more compensation at best.

Not sure why Dundee wouldn't just sign him themselves cutting us out as middle men, unless they can't afford to and it is to do with us paying a chunk of wages.... surprised no one questioned his logic in a return tweet.

I'll leave such proposals to you and your Twitter buddy.

Ask him yourself you already explained to me the other day how stupid it is and I agreed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

😁

Who has the option at end of year 1 to say yes or no? Club? Hardie?

Club, obviously or it wouldn't be worth while would it?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We won’t regret letting go of either of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hard to see how Hardie could not get a shot in this team, he will know his times up now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Smile said:

Hard to see how Hardie could not get a shot in this team, he will know his times up now.

Even if he was cracking on loan or in training, a manager still has to pick him. Not saying he was good enough, but given how bad Murty was I reckon we could have had no fit forwards and still Murty wouldn't have given him a run.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Week in week out seeing Hererra in the squad ahead of you. Boy must be absolutely scunnered with us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×