Jason Cummings; Why did we take him on Loan?

Ozblue

Never been a lone striker and never will be but if played in a decent team with a system that suits him I'm convinced he'd score goals in this league. 

That being said I'd be worried if we went into the season with Cummings as our number 1 striker. 

3 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Oh poor wee Jason he never got a chance, load of pish. 

If he was half as good as he thinks he is he would’ve grabbed any chance he got to show he deserved a starting place. 

The only fact that needs to be looked at is he failed miserably. Just as well he’s a cheeky chappy from Scotland and not a miserable sod from Columbia our we wouldn’t be having this discussion. 

Or a Mexican who's fond of a bottle or a line or two.

5 hours ago, GT66 said:

He might not have done himself any favours, or gave Murty any reason to start him.

He couldn't get a game at Forest either

He must have pissed Murty off early doors because he played immediately on 24th January against Aberdeen as a  Substitute for Morelos and in the first 8 games he was a substitute 7 times and was substituted in the other one (Morelos) In those 7 games where he came on as substitute it was 4 times for Morelos, 1 for Holt, 1 for Goss and 1 for Candeias. Being a Substitute, or being Substituted 13 times out of 15 appearances makes me wonder who instigated the loan deal?

That was the whole context of my thread; "Why did we bother bringing him to Ibrox in the first place?"

5 hours ago, Ozblue said:

I had a look at the Jason Cummings thread by, islandblue and very predictably the opinions of our members varied from; "Keep him, he's a great buy" to, "He's fucking shite and a waste of money" ; then we had posters who weren't sure either way, (me included) so I decided to have a closer look at his time with us since he arrived at the end of January, which after doing so made me wonder why the fuck did we bother bringing the lad to Ibrox in the first place.

The answer to that was obvious; We wanted to have a look at him with the option of signing him on a permanent deal in this current transfer window. Now it's my opinion that to have a proper look at a potential signing, he has to get the opportunity to show what he can do, or as we say in Australia, he has to get a "Fair suck of the Sav". Well, after delving into the stats, I don't think the lad got that opportunity, so what do you think troops?

Premier League: Played 15 games- scored 2 goals.

Aberdeen - Substitute for Morelos 70th minute..............Ross County - Substitute for Morelos 79th minute (scored 82nd minute) ...........Hibs - Substitute for Holt 71st minute

Partick Thistle - Subbed 81st minute by Morelos...........Hamilton Accies - Substitute for Morelos 79th minute...............Hearts - Substitute for Morelos 75th minute

St. Johnstone - Substitute for Candeias 62nd minute..........SCUM - Substitute for Goss 74th minute..........Kilmarnock - Played the full game

Motherwell - Substitute for Windass 82nd minute.............Dundee - Unused substitute ........................Hearts - Subbed 86th minute by Morelos (scored 47th minute)

SCUM - Played the full game....................................Kilmarnock - Subbed 45th minute by McCrorie......... Aberdeen- Substitute for Holt 61st minute

Hibs - Subbed 62nd minute by Windass.

Total contribution in the Premier League: Played 2 full games............Unused Substitute in 1 game................ Substituted in 4 games=274 minutes played

Appeared as Substitute in 9 games for a total of 157 minutes played

Scottish FA Cup: Played 3 games - scored 4 goals;   Fraserburgh- Subbed 71st minute by Dodoo.........Ayr Utd. - Subbed 76th minute by Herrera (scored 66th minute)

Falkirk - Played full game (scored 16th, 21st, 75th minute)

In conclusion, no matter how good or how bad you think he is, or if Gerrard fancies him as an asset or not, Murty never did him any favours to show his worth :pipe:

Mark Allen signed him.

51 minutes ago, big blue Fin said:

Or a Mexican who's fond of a bottle or a line or two.

Man has a drink problem and has admitted so. Nowhere is there any mention of drug taking and in fact he was quoted as saying he does not use drugs. Shite comments like that are how the gutter press in this country work. We don't need it on here.

6 minutes ago, thebooler said:

Mark Allen signed him.

That was the conclusion I came to, Booler, but Murty was adamant that he had the final say on who came and went, so no matter who was responsible, it seemed a waste of time.

6 hours ago, Ozblue said:

I had a look at the Jason Cummings thread by, islandblue and very predictably the opinions of our members varied from; "Keep him, he's a great buy" to, "He's fucking shite and a waste of money" ; then we had posters who weren't sure either way, (me included) so I decided to have a closer look at his time with us since he arrived at the end of January, which after doing so made me wonder why the fuck did we bother bringing the lad to Ibrox in the first place.

The answer to that was obvious; We wanted to have a look at him with the option of signing him on a permanent deal in this current transfer window. Now it's my opinion that to have a proper look at a potential signing, he has to get the opportunity to show what he can do, or as we say in Australia, he has to get a "Fair suck of the Sav". Well, after delving into the stats, I don't think the lad got that opportunity, so what do you think troops?

Premier League: Played 15 games- scored 2 goals.

Aberdeen - Substitute for Morelos 70th minute..............Ross County - Substitute for Morelos 79th minute (scored 82nd minute) ...........Hibs - Substitute for Holt 71st minute

Partick Thistle - Subbed 81st minute by Morelos...........Hamilton Accies - Substitute for Morelos 79th minute...............Hearts - Substitute for Morelos 75th minute

St. Johnstone - Substitute for Candeias 62nd minute..........SCUM - Substitute for Goss 74th minute..........Kilmarnock - Played the full game

Motherwell - Substitute for Windass 82nd minute.............Dundee - Unused substitute ........................Hearts - Subbed 86th minute by Morelos (scored 47th minute)

SCUM - Played the full game....................................Kilmarnock - Subbed 45th minute by McCrorie......... Aberdeen- Substitute for Holt 61st minute

Hibs - Subbed 62nd minute by Windass.

Total contribution in the Premier League: Played 2 full games............Unused Substitute in 1 game................ Substituted in 4 games=274 minutes played

Appeared as Substitute in 9 games for a total of 157 minutes played

Scottish FA Cup: Played 3 games - scored 4 goals;   Fraserburgh- Subbed 71st minute by Dodoo.........Ayr Utd. - Subbed 76th minute by Herrera (scored 66th minute)

Falkirk - Played full game (scored 16th, 21st, 75th minute)

In conclusion, no matter how good or how bad you think he is, or if Gerrard fancies him as an asset or not, Murty never did him any favours to show his worth :pipe:

Looks like a decent crack to me and when he did play didn't really show much except in one game. Liked his arrogance but it wasn't backed up at a level we need.

I’d have liked us to sign him before he went to Forrest, anybody bar Hibs an we probably would have but after his loan spell I’m glad we never

i always liked Cummings character, he comes across a bit of a joker but he’s got a serious side to his game aswell.

I was talking to a Hibs fan last week an tried to get him to decide a debate on who was the best brown or Thomson, he said he liked the both of them but his opinion was Thomson could have went to a higher level than brown then he got onto Cummings he said he’s a wee prick cos he was saying no surrender to any Hibs fan giving him stick for signing for us, sounds like he enjoys playing for the bears?

This only emphasises yet again what a monumental fuck up it was to give murty the head coach role. Money wasted and opportunities galore wasted. Club our size should never be hiring a 20s coach to run first team. Just praying gerrard has enough quality in his staff to undo the last 3 years mess and put a winning team together. Cummings for me was always meh but no doubts the lad could have come good given a fighting chance.

1 hour ago, bordersbear said:

Man has a drink problem and has admitted so. Nowhere is there any mention of drug taking and in fact he was quoted as saying he does not use drugs. Shite comments like that are how the gutter press in this country work. We don't need it on here.

The way he played suggested far more than an alcohol problem. It's just my opinion however I have worked with a forehead in the past and am familiar with the signs.

8 minutes ago, big blue Fin said:

The way he played suggested far more than an alcohol problem. It's just my opinion however I have worked with a forehead in the past and am familiar with the signs.

“Worked with a forehead”? ?Where was the rest of the body? 

i think cummings would be a good signing for us,given a run of games he would provide and score goals,didn't think he got enough game time last season and if were paying under a million for him i think its worth a shot.:pipe: