Jason Cummings; Why did we take him on Loan?

Ozblue

3 hours ago, CoopsLaud said:

This only emphasises yet again what a monumental fuck up it was to give murty the head coach role. Money wasted and opportunities galore wasted. Club our size should never be hiring a 20s coach to run first team. Just praying gerrard has enough quality in his staff to undo the last 3 years mess and put a winning team together. Cummings for me was always meh but no doubts the lad could have come good given a fighting chance.

Gerrard was an under 18's manager ......

5 minutes ago, Orangeclement said:

He can't trap a bag of cement and is as moody as our no .1striker but as has been mentioned some fans seem to love him and I have no idea why.

not good enough not even for cover .

The question is if he got a fair chance compared to others 

5 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

The question is if he got a fair chance compared to others 

If he does fuck all in training then how does he deserve a chance ?

Some of our fans are perplexing at times call players shite who are not and players that are shite are worshiped as heroes ......

Madness .

Cummings isn't good enough for Hivs never mind The Rangers .

Ffs

7 minutes ago, Orangeclement said:

Gerrard was an under 18's manager ......

Yes I am aware of that. His vast experience in playing in all competitions amongst plenty of other qualities clearly shows him to be a far more credible candidate than murty though. Disgraceful he was made our manager with all the responsibiliy it brings.

1 minute ago, Orangeclement said:

It's OK though he gives it no surrender on twitter so that means we should sign him ....

Who's said that? 

I've seen it suggested that he was underused and used incorrectly by a disaster of a coach and that he might be more worth another go than most of our other players from last season

I haven't seen him worshiped or said that he should be signed based on Twitter. I'd give him a go if it isn't too costly but it doesn't look like Gerrard fancies him and I won't be losing any sleep over it 

4 minutes ago, CoopsLaud said:

Yes I am aware of that. His vast experience in playing in all competitions amongst plenty of other qualities clearly shows him to be a far more credible candidate than murty though. Disgraceful he was made our manager with all the responsibiliy it brings.

Playing and managing are completely different things and Murty had more experience than Gerrard in the managerial side of the job so it doesn't make him a more credible candidate ....

Reputation counts for fuck all the managerial game.

Murty was out of his depth but at least he answered the call ....

Twice.

Let's hope Gerrard slips into managing a top team with no bumps along the way.

1 minute ago, Orangeclement said:

Playing and managing are completely different things and Murty had more experience than Gerrard in the managerial side of the job so it doesn't make him a more credible candidate ....

Reputation counts for fuck all the managerial game.

Murty was out of his depth but at least he answered the call ....

Twice.

Let's hope Gerrard slips into managing a top team with no bumps along the way.

Aye fair enough but he brings a lot more than playing experience as is already proven. The exposure alone we have recieved in the last 2 months is invaluable to a club our size.Doubt murty really had a choice but to accept the job at time. Board should have had the foresight not to offer him it at all. But fuck it thats in the past. Looking forward with positivity now.

It’s weird. He’s definitely a goal scorer but he never really got a run of games to show that, but in fairness he never done anything in the games he did play to show he deserved a run of games. 

Hes hot potential but he’s too much of a gamble to spend 600k on imo, as much as I like him. 

4 hours ago, TheGovanIniesta said:

We never played to his strengths but it's hard to when your only strength is a good left foot inside the box

Need much better, small club signing 

What are his strengths? I noticed he liked dropping deep even when he played up front himself, so 4-4-2 but then we’re playing 4-4-2 with a weak as fuck midfield which potentially means more goals conceded. 

11 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Looks like a decent crack to me and when he did play didn't really show much except in one game. Liked his arrogance but it wasn't backed up at a level we need.

I canny phantom out that logic.....he didn't even get the equivalent of 5 full games in playing time but you say that is a fair crack but you have backed our last 3 hapless managers citing they were never given enough time???

7 hours ago, hammer93 said:

I canny phantom out that logic.....he didn't even get the equivalent of 5 full games in playing time but you say that is a fair crack but you have backed our last 3 hapless managers citing they were never given enough time???

Correct - did you see anything in that 5 full game equivelant that warranted giving him a full time contract? I Liked the lad but he is not what we need 

1 hour ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Correct - did you see anything in that 5 full game equivelant that warranted giving him a full time contract? I Liked the lad but he is not what we need 

I think that implying he had 5 full games to impress is pushing the envelope a bit.

Anyone who has played the game at a decent level will tell you it's never easy coming on with 5/10/15 mins to go week after week and making an impression.  You need games to get up to speed and build match-fitness and awareness which leads to form, especially for strikers.

2 hours ago, roboscot said:

"Fair shake of the sauce bottle, mate."- Kevin Rudd, Australian Prime Minister!

Problem was, Kevin Rudd was sucking his own Sav while Julia Gillard was planning to stab him in the back :whistle:

5 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

So what did you see in McCoist 3 odd years.....Warburton etc etc that warranted giving them more time?

Do you honestly believe giving a player 15mins here and there with the odd 90mins thrown in a decent chance?

I don't believe you can judge a player by that length of game time, some of his substitution appearances the game was done and nobody was given a fuck.

9 hours ago, roboscot said:

I think that implying he had 5 full games to impress is pushing the envelope a bit.

Anyone who has played the game at a decent level will tell you it's never easy coming on with 5/10/15 mins to go week after week and making an impression.  You need games to get up to speed and build match-fitness and awareness which leads to form, especially for strikers.

... and yet others will tell you that coming on with 15-20 min left with fresh legs whilst others are tired is an advantage! 

Do you think he deserves a new contract? 

5 hours ago, hammer93 said:

So what did you see in McCoist 3 odd years.....Warburton etc etc that warranted giving them more time?

Do you honestly believe giving a player 15mins here and there with the odd 90mins thrown in a decent chance?

I don't believe you can judge a player by that length of game time, some of his substitution appearances the game was done and nobody was given a fuck.

... So, simple question, would you have given Cummings a contract for this year? 

10 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

... So, simple question, would you have given Cummings a contract for this year? 

For 600k yes as I think it's a low risk in today's current market, the lad has a great left foot and a natural instinct inside the box.....we never utilised him under Murty, in the right set up he will easily score 20 IMO 

We signed him on the chance he would hit the ground running an score a few crucial goals in our end of season games in the hope of gaining points on our top of the table opponents. 

This did not happen.

Was never here for the long term. Only benefit was it probable annoyed hivs fans. 

He definitely not signing?

I thought he would make a bigger impact than he did but I was actually impressed by his touch and link up play in the little game time he did get. He didn't seem quick or sharp enough which was worrying but at the age he is with plenty of time to develop, and to have already been in and around the Scotland squad, plus the fact he seems desperate to stay with us, it's an easy decision to sign him for me. Griffiths and Boyd probably the only two in the country who are more natural a goalscorer.

More than capable of getting 20 plus goals but will probably need to sit out OF games like Boyd did.