Jason Cummings; Why did we take him on Loan?

Ozblue

5 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

... and yet others will tell you that coming on with 15-20 min left with fresh legs whilst others are tired is an advantage! 

Do you think he deserves a new contract? 

Based on his performances since January I'd say no.  I've said before that I reckon he would be good in a partnership, if we had the plan to play 2 up front and a Hateley/Duncan Ferguson type target man Cummings could be the poacher and get 20+ a season.  Not gonna happen though.

However, I'd be surprised and disappointed if the recruitment department were not tracking better options in that price bracket 500k-1m

20 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Someone told me this earlier. I thought the agreement was £600k. Have Forest put their prices up after making a couple of big signings?

Maybe ours has gone down?

I can’t understand the logic in signing a guy that couldn’t get a game for us when we were fucking rotten, to try and improve us going forward.

7 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Maybe ours has gone down?

I can’t understand the logic in signing a guy that couldn’t get a game for us when we were fucking rotten, to try and improve us going forward.

Not saying he's the answer but you also have to build in the Murty factor. He picked who he wanted and I'm not convinced it was always determined by what folk did when given a chance or what they showed in training.

Couldn't be get a game or did Murty just not give him enough games?