David Mellor

Virtuoso

3 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

That's literally nothing to do with supporting England.

You said it's petty to refuse to cheer on the national team and support England , it's why most support England or at least do not like the Scottish national team at all if they don't have family ties but aren't rabid nazi fenian bastards?

Is it equally as petty to attempt to kill a football club because you can't compete on the pitch?

1 minute ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Aye I justified my opinion with the posts after that. If you don't think so then tbh I don't really care. It's my opinion and I stand by it.

Supporting them, unless there's a legitimate reason i.e. being part English, then I find it cringeworthy and no better than that mob supporting ROI.

That's a joke. 

We are part of a United Kingdom with England. We share a monarchy, government, military, currency, etc.

Scottish and English men have been lining up on battlefields together for hundreds of years. 

It's vastly different from supporting Ireland which is, just another foreign country. 

4 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

How do you define supporting England?

For me, watching the games. Kind of hoping they win to make the tournament more exciting and have an interest. 

I stop somewhere South of St George's cross face paint and Baddiel and Skinner blasting on the speakers. 

2 minutes ago, TheGovanIniesta said:

You said it's petty to refuse to cheer on the national team and support England , it's entirely why most support England or at least do not like the Scottish national team at all.

Is it petty to attempt to kill a football club because you can't compete on the pitch?

That's a cracking point you're trying to make there mate but the wee flaw in it is that I never said it's petty to refuse to cheer on Scotland. Not supporting Scotland is understandable.

It's petty to support England purely because you don't like Scotland though.

44 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

Why?

If England weren't in then a lot of English people would have supported either Scotland, N. Ireland and/or Wales if they were involved. Maybe less so now with the current climate created by the SNP but your assumption is not my experience as an Englishman.

The ABE sentiment is much greater in Scotland than the ABS is in England. SSN show a lot of ROI games as the players are, often English based (even English born) and SSN is seen in parts of the ROI.

Anyone I know from England would never support Scotland. I'm sure there will be exception to this but let's face it we will never find out because there is no way Scotland would qualify and England don't!!

4 minutes ago, gsa said:

That's a joke. 

We are part of a United Kingdom with England. We share a monarchy, government, military, currency, etc.

Scottish and English men have been lining up on battlefields together for hundreds of years. 

It's vastly different from supporting Ireland which is, just another foreign country. 

You support Wales as well then aye?

1 minute ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

That's a cracking point you're trying to make there mate but the wee flaw in it is that I never said it's petty to refuse to cheer on Scotland. Not supporting Scotland is understandable.

It's petty to support England purely because you don't like Scotland though.

Absolutely nobody supports England to get one up on absolute no marks in the world of football from Brown through to Doncaster:lol:

It's all about supporting the home nations in normal circumstances, never mind after your club was raped and abused by the country it represented for so long

we don't like child abuse, terrorism, corruption, genuine sectarianism or anything else that comes with being associated to anyone who strongly supports Scotland

There is no 'I just don't like Scotland' opinion, it was forced down our throats by everyone and anyone who wasn't a bear.

I'm sure we'll all be wanking into our saltires when Scottish Footballs two biggest achievements of the last generation are no longer covering up mass child abuse and killing competition for one clubs gain.

2 minutes ago, jintybear said:

Anyone I know from England would never support Scotland. I'm sure there will be exception to this but let's face it we will never find out because there is no way Scotland would qualify and England don't!!

Most of that is just banter you'll find. Having spent the majority of my life (apart from 7 years in Glasgow/Renfrew) in England and been around football fans for most of that time I have only met one person who hates the Scotland team as much as a number of Scots profess to want 'Anyone but England' to win. Seen many ABE t-shirts but can't remember a single one the other way. The rivalry is only when in direct competition.

Admittedly a good number aren't that interested but the active hatred is not there. The Germany thing is much more significant.

35 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I don't assume anything. Generally people will declare their reasons for supporting them, like the people who've quoted me after you just have...

Don’t think I’ve ever read or heard anybody say “I support England cause I’m staunch as fuck”  

18 minutes ago, gsa said:

For me, watching the games. Kind of hoping they win to make the tournament more exciting and have an interest. 

I stop somewhere South of St George's cross face paint and Baddiel and Skinner blasting on the speakers. 

I want England to win most tournaments tbf, or Wales/N.I but wouldn’t say I support any of them

2 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Don’t think I’ve ever read or heard anybody say “I support England cause I’m staunch as fuck”  

No but they make up other shite reasons like some other have in this thread. But you can ignore that and continue being pedantic if you like x

2 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

No but they make up other shite reasons like some other have in this thread. But you can ignore that and continue being pedantic if you like x

And you can continue making assumptions about people’s reasons for supporting England.  

11 minutes ago, TheGovanIniesta said:

Absolutely nobody supports England to get one up on absolute no marks in the world of football from Brown through to Doncaster:lol:

It's all about supporting the home nations in normal circumstances, never mind after your club was raped and abused by the country it represented for so long

we don't like child abuse, terrorism, corruption, genuine sectarianism or anything else that comes with being associated to anyone who strongly supports Scotland

There is no 'I just don't like Scotland' opinion, it was forced down our throats by everyone and anyone who wasn't a bear.

I'm sure we'll all be wanking into our saltires when Scottish Footballs two biggest achievements of the last generation are no longer covering up mass child abuse and killing competition for one clubs gain.

I'm not going to lie mate I never read that.

8 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I'm not going to lie mate I never read that.

Nah I didn't think ye would reply, just wanted to make it clear that anyone who genuinely still supports Scotland or hates England more than the SFA and those involved in it are just as bad as the cretins that almost killed the club

11 minutes ago, TheGovanIniesta said:

Nah I didn't think ye would reply, just wanted to make it clear that anyone who genuinely still supports Scotland or hates England more than the SFA and those involved in it are just as bad as the cretins that almost killed the club

That's awfully dramatic. I mean I don't like either of them so it doesn't apply to me.

But aye, awfully dramatic.

3 minutes ago, johnnybrava said:

I'll be supporting England at the World cup, they're the only home nation in the tournament. I'll never support scotland after what the SFA tried to do to my club. Quite simple reasons really, only my choice though. 

You’re only supporting England cause you think it’s staunch as fuck :mutley: