Hummel Training Centre

Reading somewhere Steven and Gary (feel like family already) visited the training centre and asked for money to be spent on it to give it the WOW factor, seems the new management team are going tackle everything involved in running the club, good news to me.

1 minute ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Want be impressed. Detail would definitely help. 

Apparently, upgrading the kitchen so meals can be tailored to individual diets

(no Nandos) rather than be a set menu. The rest mostly cosmetic/minor changes and sprucing up to impress prospective signings. I imagine it would mean some new equipment being shipped in based on the set up at Mellwood. 

4 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

Apparently, upgrading the kitchen so meals can be tailored to individual diets

(no Nandos) rather than be a set menu. The rest mostly cosmetic/minor changes and sprucing up to impress prospective signings. I imagine it would mean some new equipment being shipped in based on the set up at Mellwood. 

Sounds decent without any wow factor element to it 

2 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Sounds decent without any wow factor element to it 

Depends on the detail of the 'cosmetic' changes. I'd imagine he wants to bring it up to date. I wouldn't be surprised to see a state of the art player tracking system and new fitness/rehabilitation equipment. I think its a mix of attracting new players and giving the ones there no excuses other than not being good enough.

1 minute ago, RFC Eagle said:

Depends on the detail of the 'cosmetic' changes. I'd imagine he wants to bring it up to date. I wouldn't be surprised to see a state of the art player tracking system and new fitness/rehabilitation equipment. I think its a mix of attracting new players and giving the ones there no excuses other than not being good enough.

Ah, but that's more detail than has been provided...?

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Ah, but that's more detail than has been provided...?

Its guesswork on my part but you would imagine he'd be comparing with facilities at Mellwood and looking to get to that level. From his interviews he wants the highest standards throughout the club. If it improves fitness/injury issues then it can only be a benefit.

It does look slightly dated/basic in comparison with some of the modern training grounds. 

The club continually quotes it as being "state of the art" bug something that is state of the art when it was built fourteen years ago is not state of the art now. 

Blu-Ray used to be "state of the art".

1 hour ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Think it’s same as the X factor, wee bit of va va voom- don’t know what either are though. 

Va va voom would be good, not sure about the X factor. :whistle:

1 hour ago, Lord Lockin said:

Welcoming Orange Wall

That will be what it is, no doubt. :mutley: