What Are Your Expectations For Graham Dorrans Next Season?

Signed with a lot of fanfare last Summer after a steady career in England but in all honesty he never really got going for us.

I’ve never been as big a fan of him as some people were but I’ve seen people saying his legs have gone and he’s finished as a player but at 31 i’m not sure that he is. 31 isn’t old for a footballer these days and it’s not like he’s 35 or 36 and trying to come back after a long lay off.

Do you think with a good pre season behind him to work on his fitness and a new management team at the club he has something to offer next season?

Huge disappointment of last year. Needs to be a lot fitter as he can’t seem to even run for long in the middle of the park.

Think if he does improve, it will be a lot to do with the energy around him of Arfield and the likes.

I think he was starting to look good before being one of several players injured by some pretty shocking tackling by opposing players.

Never really looked fit or sharp after that and was played out of position.

With fitness regained, better players around him and hopefully a midfield enforcer added to the team for protection I’d like to see Dorrans have a significant impact and pitching in with a few goals and assists.

Was always waiting for him to turn a corner or be used in the 'right' position but, at this point, I think it's more likely that he's now incapable of playing in that advanced role and - rather than being shoehorned in due to a lack of options (as a lot of us were speculating) - his physical limitations actually mean he'll only ever be an okay, defensively-oriented midfielder for us.

There were glimpses of real quality prior to his long term injury (resulting from foul play, as was the norm last season). Never really got going again after that, arguably because played out of position but the whole team ended the season with a whimper. I think after a full pre-season, guidance from a decent manager and remaining injury free, Graham Dorrans may turn out to be a gem. I'm always an optimist this time of year - this time with more justification than usual. 

7 minutes ago, MelbourneBlue said:

There were glimpses of real quality prior to his long term injury (resulting from foul play, as was the norm last season). Never really got going again after that, arguably because played out of position but the whole team ended the season with a whimper. I think after a full pre-season, guidance from a decent manager and remaining injury free, Graham Dorrans may turn out to be a gem. I'm always an optimist this time of year - this time with more justification than usual. 

This

As stated previously, he had an injury disrupted season and then had to come back into the pish that was Murty 2.0 from Jan-May.

Get a solid pre-season under his belt, stay injury free and hopefully play in a system that is designed towards the strengths of the players we have.  

Unsure tbh.

Really rated him as a player when we signed him, honestly thought I'd be the best player in Scotland and give us a creative edge.

The only thing that's his saving grace and giving him a stay of execution is the fact he was injured for half of last season but we need a lot, lot more from him.

His performance in the last two celtic games was unacceptable. He will get another chance because of his ability, but he's on thin ice IMO.

Still got some faith there but he needs to start showing something. Big season.