Jump to content
.Williamson.

Candeias - "I am so tired"

Recommended Posts

He says they’ve not seen a ball yet but there’s been dozens of Instagram videos showing them doing finishing drills! 😂😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm glad to hear it - need to remember we'll be away in the baking heat of Macedonia in a few weeks time too, so a good, hard, intensive, pre-season workout is half the battle there with that banana skin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Ibroxholm said:

No ball work.  Reminiscent of the fitness regime promoted by Jock Wallace all those years ago, that Warburton was so derogatory about.

That isn't factually correct (Or I'm watching some other teams training sessions) They are getting plenty of ball work, but the fitness part of it is the primary exercise of the two long sessions they are doing every day. I have seen and been involved in plenty of pre-season training sessions and I've never seen anything as intensive as these ones. No wonder they are all fucked at the end of the day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JentleJames said:

He says they’ve not seen a ball yet but there’s been dozens of Instagram videos showing them doing finishing drills! 😂😂😂

I have watched every session on Rangers TV and as I said in another reply; they are getting plenty of ball work, but the emphasis is more on fitness, which is sensible. They do two long sessions every day and it's brilliant to watch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

I have watched every session on Rangers TV and as I said in another reply; they are getting plenty of ball work, but the emphasis is more on fitness, which is sensible. They do two long sessions every day and it's brilliant to watch.

tbf though he might have been interviewed on the first day where there was no ball work. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whether they have seen a ball or not,  the training sessions are quality and this is how it should have been in previous seasons.  Good on SG.  Now let's hope to see the finished product of these training sessions in 90 minute games throughout the new season:)  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at the rtv gers in spain training videos, the sessions look bloody hard work and quality, I am getting exhausted by just looking at them and I am just sitting on my fat arse.

I was comparing those to the Warburton sessions and caixinha sessions and it looks night and day, everything is way more intense which doesn't say much for the previous managers!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's interesting that they're doing fitness without out the ball. Doing as much training with the ball as possible (including fitness) seems to be en vogue these days.

I remember Warburton saying how hard Jock Wallace made players train for fitness and I'm sure his quote was "I learned that that's no way to treat a player."

Personally I think it's a balance, but training hard for fitness builds mental toughness too which is obviously important. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, The Wire said:

It's interesting that they're doing fitness without out the ball. Doing as much training with the ball as possible (including fitness) seems to be en vogue these days.

I remember Warburton saying how hard Jock Wallace made players train for fitness and I'm sure his quote was "I learned that that's no way to treat a player."

Personally I think it's a balance, but training hard for fitness builds mental toughness too which is obviously important. 

This was not what I heard in his interview. 

He was asked if this was the hardest training ever and he said yes but once I was in Turkey and we trained for 3 days without the ball. 

I have watched all the videos from Spain and they have done a lot of ball work every day. 

Shooting practice, mini games, drills of keep ball. 

Not aimed at you but generally speaking I don’t get why so many of or fans are so quick to be negative about everything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, stevemartin1991 said:

tbf though he might have been interviewed on the first day where there was no ball work. 

I just had another look at their very first day in Spain video and there was enough ball work (piggy in the middle) and a training game to shake out the cobwebs. I think the fact that it was Candeias speaking in English that has caused the confusion. I will say this though; they are getting their arse worked off on these double sessions every day, and you can already see the improvement after four days both in fitness and skill improvement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ozblue said:

I just had another look at their very first day in Spain video and there was enough ball work (piggy in the middle) and a training game to shake out the cobwebs. I think the fact that it was Candeias speaking in English that has caused the confusion. I will say this though; they are getting their arse worked off on these double sessions every day, and you can already see the improvement after four days both in fitness and skill improvement.

Watch the interview with him. He says something about Turkey. I am sure he is saying that he once did a preseason in Turkey where they didn’t touch a ball for 3 days. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

This was not what I heard in his interview. 

He was asked if this was the hardest training ever and he said yes but once I was in Turkey and we trained for 3 days without the ball. 

I have watched all the videos from Spain and they have done a lot of ball work every day. 

Shooting practice, mini games, drills of keep ball. 

Not aimed at you but generally speaking I don’t get why so many of or fans are so quick to be negative about everything. 

2

The benefit of having Rangers TV.  I'm fucked if I know where people are getting the idea there has been no ball work because they have had ball work from the very first day arriving at the complex.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why are entire training sessions being shown on Rangers TV? Is that not the sort of thing you keep in-house? :lol:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

Watch the interview with him. He says something about Turkey. I am sure he is saying that he once did a preseason in Turkey where they didn’t touch a ball for 3 days. 

Yes mate, I'm sure he said that about Turkey after Alice asked him if this has been the toughest pre-season he's ever done, but it seems(unless I'm mistaken) that posters seem to think he is referring to our sessions in Spain, which is not the case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

This was not what I heard in his interview. 

He was asked if this was the hardest training ever and he said yes but once I was in Turkey and we trained for 3 days without the ball. 

I have watched all the videos from Spain and they have done a lot of ball work every day. 

Shooting practice, mini games, drills of keep ball. 

Not aimed at you but generally speaking I don’t get why so many of or fans are so quick to be negative about everything. 

 You've misinterpreted. I was trying to make the point that it's positive that our fitness seems to focusing on all out effort, rather than less effort but technical work included (such as doing fitness with the ball at your feet.)

I wasn't suggesting that we are doing no work with the ball.

I might have done Warburton a disservice, but I think he underestimated the mental toughness required, and I think you can improve that mental toughness from really hard fitness work.

I imagine Jock learned that as a Royal Marine, and that why he had players running up sand dunes. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Why are entire training sessions being shown on Rangers TV? Is that not the sort of thing you keep in-house? :lol:

 

 

They aren't, mate. The segments run for between 3-5 minutes maximum on each day, except for the day3 session that lasted around 10 minutes and the shooting drill from the same day which lasted 8 minutes. Considering they are doing very long double sessions, there's a bloody lot we don't see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

Why are entire training sessions being shown on Rangers TV? Is that not the sort of thing you keep in-house? :lol:

 

This is something i have thought about, why show the world what we are doing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

This is something i have thought about, why show the world what we are doing?

I’m a bit like that - tell no cunt nothing. 

Tbh though I’m sure anything we put out there is standard stuff that we don’t need to be protecting. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, weshallnotbemoved! said:

We hear how hard the sessions are every year... hope they are productive this year.

Exactly. We heard that Warburton's sessions were much harder and more intense than Ally's (not difficult tbf), then Pedro's sessions were much harder and more intense than Warburton's, and now Gerrard's sessions are much harder and more intense than Pedro's. Standard nonsense that's spouted every pre-season. You think the players would ever turn round and tell us it was a piece of piss?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People should mention Gullane sand dunes more often.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mind the pre season they strapped a wee camera to Dean Shiels and showed us a chest level view of him running around at pre season training under McCoist and all the fuckwits on here we’re wanking over it going yas good pre season workout when the sessions were a total red neck 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bakbear said:

This was not what I heard in his interview. 

He was asked if this was the hardest training ever and he said yes but once I was in Turkey and we trained for 3 days without the ball. 

I have watched all the videos from Spain and they have done a lot of ball work every day. 

Shooting practice, mini games, drills of keep ball. 

Not aimed at you but generally speaking I don’t get why so many of or fans are so quick to be negative about everything. 

 

1 hour ago, The Wire said:

 You've misinterpreted. I was trying to make the point that it's positive that our fitness seems to focusing on all out effort, rather than less effort but technical work included (such as doing fitness with the ball at your feet.)

I wasn't suggesting that we are doing no work with the ball.

I might have done Warburton a disservice, but I think he underestimated the mental toughness required, and I think you can improve that mental toughness from really hard fitness work.

I imagine Jock learned that as a Royal Marine, and that why he had players running up sand dunes. 

 

I think you're both misunderstanding each other.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Ozblue said:

That isn't factually correct (Or I'm watching some other teams training sessions) They are getting plenty of ball work, but the fitness part of it is the primary exercise of the two long sessions they are doing every day. I have seen and been involved in plenty of pre-season training sessions and I've never seen anything as intensive as these ones. No wonder they are all fucked at the end of the day.

Can’t say I have seen any of the training sessions, was only going with what Candeias said in his article.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Ibroxholm said:

Can’t say I have seen any of the training sessions, was only going with what Candeias said in his article.

I'm not sure which article you are referring to, but in his interview on Rangers TV Candeias, Alice Hedworth asked Candeias if this was the toughest pre-season he had ever had and he said, "Yes! before when I was in Turkey it was just run, we never touched the ball for three days". I can assure you that they are being put through the wringer in this camp and won't take much rocking in bed at night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×