Candeias - "I am so tired"

I'm glad to hear it - need to remember we'll be away in the baking heat of Macedonia in a few weeks time too, so a good, hard, intensive, pre-season workout is half the battle there with that banana skin.

10 hours ago, Ibroxholm said:

No ball work.  Reminiscent of the fitness regime promoted by Jock Wallace all those years ago, that Warburton was so derogatory about.

That isn't factually correct (Or I'm watching some other teams training sessions) They are getting plenty of ball work, but the fitness part of it is the primary exercise of the two long sessions they are doing every day. I have seen and been involved in plenty of pre-season training sessions and I've never seen anything as intensive as these ones. No wonder they are all fucked at the end of the day.

3 hours ago, JentleJames said:

He says they’ve not seen a ball yet but there’s been dozens of Instagram videos showing them doing finishing drills! ???

I have watched every session on Rangers TV and as I said in another reply; they are getting plenty of ball work, but the emphasis is more on fitness, which is sensible. They do two long sessions every day and it's brilliant to watch.

20 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

I have watched every session on Rangers TV and as I said in another reply; they are getting plenty of ball work, but the emphasis is more on fitness, which is sensible. They do two long sessions every day and it's brilliant to watch.

tbf though he might have been interviewed on the first day where there was no ball work. 

Looking at the rtv gers in spain training videos, the sessions look bloody hard work and quality, I am getting exhausted by just looking at them and I am just sitting on my fat arse.

I was comparing those to the Warburton sessions and caixinha sessions and it looks night and day, everything is way more intense which doesn't say much for the previous managers!

It's interesting that they're doing fitness without out the ball. Doing as much training with the ball as possible (including fitness) seems to be en vogue these days.

I remember Warburton saying how hard Jock Wallace made players train for fitness and I'm sure his quote was "I learned that that's no way to treat a player."

Personally I think it's a balance, but training hard for fitness builds mental toughness too which is obviously important. 

48 minutes ago, The Wire said:

It's interesting that they're doing fitness without out the ball. Doing as much training with the ball as possible (including fitness) seems to be en vogue these days.

I remember Warburton saying how hard Jock Wallace made players train for fitness and I'm sure his quote was "I learned that that's no way to treat a player."

Personally I think it's a balance, but training hard for fitness builds mental toughness too which is obviously important. 

This was not what I heard in his interview. 

He was asked if this was the hardest training ever and he said yes but once I was in Turkey and we trained for 3 days without the ball. 

I have watched all the videos from Spain and they have done a lot of ball work every day. 

Shooting practice, mini games, drills of keep ball. 

Not aimed at you but generally speaking I don’t get why so many of or fans are so quick to be negative about everything. 

2 hours ago, stevemartin1991 said:

tbf though he might have been interviewed on the first day where there was no ball work. 

I just had another look at their very first day in Spain video and there was enough ball work (piggy in the middle) and a training game to shake out the cobwebs. I think the fact that it was Candeias speaking in English that has caused the confusion. I will say this though; they are getting their arse worked off on these double sessions every day, and you can already see the improvement after four days both in fitness and skill improvement.

Just now, Ozblue said:

I just had another look at their very first day in Spain video and there was enough ball work (piggy in the middle) and a training game to shake out the cobwebs. I think the fact that it was Candeias speaking in English that has caused the confusion. I will say this though; they are getting their arse worked off on these double sessions every day, and you can already see the improvement after four days both in fitness and skill improvement.

Watch the interview with him. He says something about Turkey. I am sure he is saying that he once did a preseason in Turkey where they didn’t touch a ball for 3 days. 

6 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

He was asked if this was the hardest training ever and he said yes but once I was in Turkey and we trained for 3 days without the ball. 

I have watched all the videos from Spain and they have done a lot of ball work every day. 

Not aimed at you but generally speaking I don’t get why so many of or fans are so quick to be negative about everything. 

The benefit of having Rangers TV.  I'm fucked if I know where people are getting the idea there has been no ball work because they have had ball work from the very first day arriving at the complex.

21 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

Watch the interview with him. He says something about Turkey. I am sure he is saying that he once did a preseason in Turkey where they didn’t touch a ball for 3 days. 

Yes mate, I'm sure he said that about Turkey after Alice asked him if this has been the toughest pre-season he's ever done, but it seems(unless I'm mistaken) that posters seem to think he is referring to our sessions in Spain, which is not the case.

24 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

You've misinterpreted. I was trying to make the point that it's positive that our fitness seems to focusing on all out effort, rather than less effort but technical work included (such as doing fitness with the ball at your feet.)

I wasn't suggesting that we are doing no work with the ball.

I might have done Warburton a disservice, but I think he underestimated the mental toughness required, and I think you can improve that mental toughness from really hard fitness work.

I imagine Jock learned that as a Royal Marine, and that why he had players running up sand dunes. 

18 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Why are entire training sessions being shown on Rangers TV? Is that not the sort of thing you keep in-house? :lol:

They aren't, mate. The segments run for between 3-5 minutes maximum on each day, except for the day3 session that lasted around 10 minutes and the shooting drill from the same day which lasted 8 minutes. Considering they are doing very long double sessions, there's a bloody lot we don't see.

3 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

This is something i have thought about, why show the world what we are doing?

I’m a bit like that - tell no cunt nothing. 

Tbh though I’m sure anything we put out there is standard stuff that we don’t need to be protecting. 

2 hours ago, weshallnotbemoved! said:

We hear how hard the sessions are every year... hope they are productive this year.

Exactly. We heard that Warburton's sessions were much harder and more intense than Ally's (not difficult tbf), then Pedro's sessions were much harder and more intense than Warburton's, and now Gerrard's sessions are much harder and more intense than Pedro's. Standard nonsense that's spouted every pre-season. You think the players would ever turn round and tell us it was a piece of piss?

Mind the pre season they strapped a wee camera to Dean Shiels and showed us a chest level view of him running around at pre season training under McCoist and all the fuckwits on here we’re wanking over it going yas good pre season workout when the sessions were a total red neck 

2 hours ago, Bakbear said:

1 hour ago, The Wire said:

You've misinterpreted. I was trying to make the point that it's positive that our fitness seems to focusing on all out effort, rather than less effort but technical work included (such as doing fitness with the ball at your feet.)

I wasn't suggesting that we are doing no work with the ball.

I might have done Warburton a disservice, but I think he underestimated the mental toughness required, and I think you can improve that mental toughness from really hard fitness work.

I imagine Jock learned that as a Royal Marine, and that why he had players running up sand dunes. 

I think you're both misunderstanding each other.

7 hours ago, Ozblue said:

That isn't factually correct (Or I'm watching some other teams training sessions) They are getting plenty of ball work, but the fitness part of it is the primary exercise of the two long sessions they are doing every day. I have seen and been involved in plenty of pre-season training sessions and I've never seen anything as intensive as these ones. No wonder they are all fucked at the end of the day.

Can’t say I have seen any of the training sessions, was only going with what Candeias said in his article.

12 minutes ago, Ibroxholm said:

Can’t say I have seen any of the training sessions, was only going with what Candeias said in his article.

I'm not sure which article you are referring to, but in his interview on Rangers TV Candeias, Alice Hedworth asked Candeias if this was the toughest pre-season he had ever had and he said, "Yes! before when I was in Turkey it was just run, we never touched the ball for three days". I can assure you that they are being put through the wringer in this camp and won't take much rocking in bed at night.