Johnny Hubbard

4 hours ago, boabster66 said:

Had the pleasure of meeting him a few years ago while working at the open golf,he was doing his Marshall came to see me every morning to talk about Rangers introduced me to his wife n family then as the golf was finishing he asked for my address to send me some of his old pictures fro his playing days. Absolute Gentleman n a true Rangers great. 

R.I.P  Mr Hubbard 

Nice story! I never met him or saw him play but it sounds like we've not only lost a club legend, but a great man too. If only there was more people in the world like him, we'd be laughin'!

Heartbroken.

Not only was he a club hero to me, but in the last few years, he became a close personal friend.  I spoke to him every week at least once, usually several times. Visited him in hospital when he had his heart attack. Dad and I are gutted at the news. I will post any details on the funeral and/or any rememberence service  if open to the public and Rangers/Ayr fans.

RIP my friend. I will miss you.