Welcome to Rangers Jon Flanagan

Bronzy

20 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

Folk on here slag off the follow with pride shite, then start crying like babies when we go to sign a guy who has a prior assault charge. He was found guilty yes, but has now completed the sentence. 

King et al can be pleased the follow with pride campaign is working well and paying dividends. Perhaps too well even. 

He hasn't 'completed' his sentence he got a 12 month community order in January. He is, by no means, the first footballer to get into trouble and it does appear entirely out of character, he has no history of problems. 

There is no comparison to Gazza (clear mental health issues) or Collymore (always was and still is a waste of oxygen). This appears to be a young man who made a terrible error of judgement and has expressed regret and contrition. Unless proven otherwise he should be given a chance to prove himself on and off the pitch.

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

???

What a load of bollocks 

Not really. The differing views on this thread are very apparent. Several people with strong opinions about it at each other’s throats. What makes you think a group of 30-odd players will be so different?

A first offender who has shown remorse and contrition and has saved the relationship yet so many on here want him banished....so fucking much for Christian values like forgiveness and understanding. Most people I know have fucked it at some point in their lives myself included it's how we learn and grow sometimes. WELCOME TO Rangers JON FLANAGAN.

6 hours ago, bluenose_n1 said:

Canny believe the amount of people slating the guy,,, fucking same cunts who cheer for gazza anytime he’s up for a half time draw etc

fucking give the guy a chance

if the daft cow he battered is still with him then why the fuck should he not play football again

You can't prove the first part.

Fair enough give him a chance.

Why you calling her a "daft cow"?

13 minutes ago, Don Logan 2 said:

A first offender who has shown remorse and contrition and has saved the relationship yet so many on here want him banished....so fucking much for Christian values like forgiveness and understanding. Most people I know have fucked it at some point in their lives myself included it's how we learn and grow sometimes. WELCOME TO Rangers JON FLANAGAN.

@don logan slash this cunt

21 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

Not really. The differing views on this thread are very apparent. Several people with strong opinions about it at each other’s throats. What makes you think a group of 30-odd players will be so different?

Because theyre paid a lot of money to work together, plus half the people most vocal on here wouldn't say boo to a ghost face to face, always the way.

6 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

Because theyre paid a lot of money to work together, plus half the people most vocal on here wouldn't say boo to a ghost face to face, always the way.

Could be said about our players aswell.

16 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

Because theyre paid a lot of money to work together,

Like all footballers, who fall out with each other all the time, over lesser things. If you don’t like someone, you don’t like them, and I doubt many of our players are clever enough to hide it.

17 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

half the people most vocal on here wouldn't say boo to a ghost face to face, always the way.

Based on what? What about the other half?

'No one on this forum is perfect'- yeah but I highly doubt many have convictions for kicking a women. 

'One mistake and he's paying the price how is he not welcome' - imagine it was them that signed him. We'd be having a fuckin field day. Doubt anyone would be saying ah he's been punished leave him alone. 

Signing a player like this is embarrassing. 

7 minutes ago, orangecountry said:

women

It was only one woman he kicked.

7 minutes ago, orangecountry said:

imagine it was them that signed him

Who cares what they beasty bastards think or say?

Going to be funny as fuck watching the manky bastards giving him dogs abuse thinking they’re moral crusaders and totally ignoring the absolute fact that they support a team who molested boys for more than 40 years and their greatest ever manager knew all about it and done fuck all. 

Why the fuck should we care or take any lessons of morality from disgusting cunts like that.

Just now, Tiger Shaw said:

Going to be funny as fuck watching the manky bastards giving him dogs abuse thinking they’re moral crusaders and totally ignoring the absolute fact that they support a team who molested boys for more than 40 years and their greatest ever manager knew all about it and done fuck all. 

Why the fuck should we care or take any lessons of morality off disgusting cunts like that.

Exactly mate they have the worst disgusting case you could ever imagine hanging over them they are filthy rapey peodophile bastards and should be hung drawn and quartered and exposed to the world

1 hour ago, Ger_onimo said:

Because they are sensible adults instead of internet freaks. 

54 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

Irrelevant, they're human beings. 

Footballers have fallen out over things like a team mate wearing trainers in the dressing room (Bendtner) ffs. They don't have to vocalise that they don't like him. It could be as simple as ignoring the guy, fracturing the squad into cliques etc. Not wanting to train with him, not wanting to share a room with him on away days. 

No Rangers player is going to come out and say "Jon Flanagan is a prick and shouldn't have been signed" but there are probably a few in there who think it and it will sub consciously impact, if not consciously (if they know about his past). 

35 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

Like all footballers, who fall out with each other all the time, over lesser things. If you don’t like someone, you don’t like them, and I doubt many of our players are clever enough to hide it.

Based on what? What about the other half?

Spot on. 

3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Because they are sensible adults instead of internet freaks. 

See above.

Don't know if this has been posted but he sounds very happy to be here.

Liverpool-v-Tottenham-Hotspur-Premier-League.thumb.jpg.f4df87ffcf7645be4c6142472fa77d53.jpg

“The Scottish league is massive and one that we are going to try to push on and get the title.

“European football is a big attraction as well. They did well to get into Europe and it’s an extra bonus for the lads to work hard and push on and get back into the group stage.

“It’s a fresh start. It’s a platform for me to build on. The past is the past. It’s now time for a fresh start and I can’t wait to get going at Rangers.

“When I got the call from my agent and I spoke to Stevie it was a no brainer for me with the size of the club and what the fans are about.

“I played with the manager for many years and he was a big part of me coming here.

“Obviously I know all about the club and everything like that but Stevie was a massive influence in me coming to Rangers.

“It’s very exciting for the club now. There is a new manager who has freshened things up and brought a lot of players in so it’s brilliant to be a Rangers supporter now and a player.

“Good times are ahead and hopefully we can push on now. We all know Liverpool are a massive club but Rangers are just as big.

“The pressure is massive at Liverpool and I dealt with it so I’ll deal with it at Rangers. I can’t wait to get going. I’m very excited.

“I’m a no-nonsense footballer. Keep it simple. I don’t mind a tackle and when the going gets tough I stick around. I’m mentally strong.

“I’m different to the full-backs we’ve got there so it will be exciting and there will be a lot of competition for places.”

“It’s good when you join a new team and know a few of the lads but even if I didn’t know them I’m a likeable character and I will bed in well.

“I trained with the lads and want to get going. I’m buzzing and want to show all the fans what I’m about and get Rangers back up there.”

22 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Why the fuck should we care or take any lessons of morality from disgusting cunts like that.

Their greatest manager that cried tears of grief at being treated like shit for being a Protestant.

The more you peel the onion the worse it gets.

16 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Irrelevant, they're human beings. 

Footballers have fallen out over things like a team mate wearing trainers in the dressing room (Bendtner) ffs. They don't have to vocalise that they don't like him. It could be as simple as ignoring the guy, fracturing the squad into cliques etc. Not wanting to train with him, not wanting to share a room with him on away days. 

No Rangers player is going to come out and say "Jon Flanagan is a prick and shouldn't have been signed" but there are probably a few in there who think it and it will sub consciously impact, if not consciously (if they know about his past). 

Spot on. 

See above.

Well if they can't put personal issues aside when at work for the betterment of Rangers then they should be weeded out and moved on.

When you play for Rangers you should do what it takes to get success, that should be the most important factor above anything else.

Archived